Pre-order

Hello, once again i appologise if this have been brought up or if its in the wrong section. But this time i wonder.

I just preordered, got the preorder code and all. But where do i put in the code? Can't find somewhere yet either on account page or preorder page to put in the code. So isit not possible yet or?

Thanks ahead of time.

-Xeon

I was just searchign aroudn to inquire about this. I'm using my original 1.0 account but i threw in a pre order for the ps3 version and have the pre order code from that and figured/hoped I could apply that to my main account for the early access and all. the NA link above was what was on my receipt with the code.

Since I found this post I dont need to make a thread asking about it lol.

Weird, I got no code. At all. I checked my receipt and everything. No code. Is it because I bought the collector's edition? (this is for my ps3) Hm. I sincerely hope I don't have to go raise hell tomorrow.

Weird, I got no code. At all. I checked my receipt and everything. No code. Is it because I bought the collector's edition? (this is for my ps3) Hm. I sincerely hope I don't have to go raise hell tomorrow.

Not sure, I pre ordered the Collectors for ps3, i had originally had the pc physical CE pre ordered online, but upon realizing I wouldnt need nor be able to register the code to my account since im using an existing 1.0 account and since I game on multiple platforms I just decided to grab the ps3 version, it will get used, and i still get the physical art goodies.

U may have to inquire about the code, save the hell raising for after u see how they treat u lol

So, it's been a bit since I've contemplated getting a box set... And wondering, if I preorder, will I also get digital download?

I would say the answer to that is a bit murkier.

1) For some games, if you do beta the game and download the beta client, that version can turn into a "release" version that is all patched-up and ready to go. This could be considered a "digital download".

2) I've seen a few games that recommend uninstalling the beta client, so that may happen here...or maybe not. In some of these instances, the beta client works anyway, even if they recommend uninstalling it.

3) If you do pre-order, most games have an "early access" for pre-orders, where you get to play the game 3-5 days before the a copy of the game actually hits store shelves. So, it allows you to download the program: that could be considered a "digital copy".

4) Generally speaking, at some point in a game's future, be it a month or a year, you should be able to re-download. This is in case you get a new hard drive or your invisible cat-owl gets into the computer and eats your files or what-have-you. Logging into your account, there should be an option to recover the program. In essence, sooner or later, everyone gets a "digital download" as time goes by.

I might be missing some examples and I've seen a few of the above examples occurring all at once, so I don't think you should worry. Just remember it probably is no-skin off Square-Enix to make the program freely available since you still need a subscription to actually log-in and play on your account. I think the only thing that happens with a digital download versus other ways to get the game is just the amount of "physical stuff" you get with the box (plus the box!). Personally, I think everyone has access to the download, if not sooner then later.

:ahriman::idea:

Woo. Went to gamestop and got my code. What website do I go to so I can redeem it? I didn't see (or might have overlooked) anywhere to punch in my code on the FFXIV site.

The gamestop receipt should have the site link, but its currently not prepped to take our pre order codes yet, checked over the weekend, so just make sure u dont lose it and we should b good to go.

The gamestop receipt should have the site link, but its currently not prepped to take our pre order codes yet, checked over the weekend, so just make sure u dont lose it and we should b good to go.

I am proving to be a master at Overlooking. Wow. Thanks. I saw it immediately when you said it was on the receipt, even though I looked it over earlier.

I am proving to be a master at Overlooking. Wow. Thanks. I saw it immediately when you said it was on the receipt, even though I looked it over earlier.

Well, u can always blame it on it being Monday lol