Some respect please, this is addressed to all

With the recent winning of Gilgamesh as the non legacy rp server, myself and I am sure many others will be making threads to help and assist the community there. I humbly ask those who do not wish to roleplay on Gilgamesh to do one thing

Respect the Gilgamesh oriented threads Is all I ask. We KNOW Balmung is the primary server at this point in time for the roleplayers. We do not need constant reminders of this in threads primarily addressed to the Gilgamesh community. I am asking to either wish us well or as the old saying goes "If you have nothing nice to say, please say nothing at all". I am asking nicely to not have to deal with passive aggressive comments on Gilgamesh being the smaller community or Balmung having more roleplayers and the like.  I am happy that there is a Balmung and I am happy that there is a Gilgamesh too. I will never say anything that prevents anyone from going to our big/brother sister server. People should choose the place they want to play.

We KNOW this is a Balmung centric site. We don't need to be reminded of this in Gilgamesh oriented threads. The fact that the voting results not being posted as an article on the front page says enough.

So again all I ask is that we all respect each others choices. This is NOT a competition. More options means more places to roleplay for everybody and I personally think that is a good thing. People also transfer servers all the time. Those who start off on Gilgamesh may decide to transfer to Balmung at one point, and that's fine by me and the same thing may happen in reverse. People should be where they are happy.

Can we not respect each others choices?

After all are we not all roleplayers at the end of the day enjoying the same game? Can't we all be positive and be happy for each other?

And please no pms asking me to reconsider. I am playing on Gilgamesh, I want to help build up the community there with whoever is interested. I want to have a great place for roleplayers to go if they wish to go there.

Just as great as Balmung.

Whatever happened to The Golden Rule? Treat others as you would treat yourself?

Believe me you do more to attract roleplayers by being a positive influence instead of by making passive aggressive comments to shame them into coming to where you want them to. We are all adults here, lets act like it.

I also ask the mods here for some assistance in this matter.

*Extends an olive branch in respect and peaceful coexistence*

I just want to say that I have a lot of respect for your proactive attitude when it comes to Gilgamesh. I feel that you will most certainly help give the new server's RP community a great beginning and I wish you the best of luck.

I'll be resuming my 1.0 character on Balmung come phase 4, but knowing me I'll most likely be tempted to create an alt for Gilgamesh if all goes well. :moogle:

I just want to say that I have a lot of respect for your proactive attitude when it comes to Gilgamesh. I feel that you will most certainly help give the new server's RP community a great beginning and I wish you the best of luck.

I'll be resuming my 1.0 character on Balmung come phase 4, but knowing me I'll most likely be tempted to create an alt for Gilgamesh if all goes well. :moogle:

Which ever way you decide to go I will be happy, if you decide to make an alt on Gilgamesh come on over and enjoy spending time with us!

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a separate section on the forums for Gilgamesh stuffs? To avoid confusion.

A subforum is coming soon. Regardless we wouldn't want such posts in the threads on the subforum. Besides, when I make these threads I am and will be very specific who I am talking to.

If this thread's creation was prompted by this...

I'll be rolling on this server. I may be shunned though. Just got done reading the hand book and it would seem Mr. Heats back ground is a no no.

Oh, the handbook is meant to be more of a guideline than any sort of rigid rule. You could make a post with your ideas/plans in the RP Discussion area to solicit feedback. With so many different RPers with so many different backgrounds, it is likely that there will be some folks or a group that will have similar ideals. Then again, it also looks like Gilgamesh will have a smaller pool of RPers overall, so I may be mistaken. But I would certainly take your ideas to the discussion board if you have any concerns about how they may be received.

...than let me assure you that I meant no ill-will towards Gilgamesh or those planning to RP there. I realize this thread was geared towards those on Gilgamesh, but the poster remarked on the RP Handbook which I helped author, and I felt compelled to reply. It was merely an observational statement and intended to help MrHeat and had nothing to do with my opinions on the separate server at all. I know my views on the matter have been stated in the past and are pretty clear and I am sorry I will not be able to RP with those who are adamant on choosing to play there instead of with the majority, but this was genuinely not intended as a passive-aggressive jab. If that's what you thought, than I'm sorry that I gave that impression.

Part of choosing to be on a server that will inevitably have a smaller population of RPers is that this matter is going to come up from time to time throughout discussion, and it would be nice if it was not knee-jerked and distorted into being a passive-aggressive thing when that happens.

I agree to some extent with Vanschiver's post. If there was a separate forum or subforum geared specifically for those planning to play on Gilgamesh, I would be happy to click the little "Mark as Read" pearl and never see any of that stuff. Perhaps this is something the RPC can help facilitate if everyone agrees it would be to everyone's advantage.

I'm not seeing the disrespect being talked about here. 

Here's the thing. As far as I can tell this is a general RP subforum. When you post in it people from Balmung, Gilgamesh, and any other servers that have a bit of RP population to them. 

While I have no dislike or disrespect for the RP community on Gilgamesh (and will likely roll up an alt there for more casual usage) I'm also unsure of what's going on that they don't deserve any interaction from the rest of the community just because the threads have a target audience who are most likely to be interested in the thread. The other thread seems like a good example. While it is nominally about Gilgamesh the first post is good general RP guide. 

The event idea is obviously gilgamesh centric but someone on another server may want to ask about your ideas and/or permission to host a similar event elsewhere. 

Mr. Heat's post was a concern about his character style vs. another post entirely, so it seems appropriate that the author of that post pitch in.

Maybe there's been harassment by PM, and in that case I'd fully support the Mods getting involved. I'm just not sure what public harassment spawned this particular thread or why it needed a public hearing.

I'm not seeing the disrespect being talked about here. 

Here's the thing. As far as I can tell this is a general RP subforum. When you post in it people from Balmung, Gilgamesh, and any other servers that have a bit of RP population to them. 

While I have no dislike or disrespect for the RP community on Gilgamesh (and will likely roll up an alt there for more casual usage) I'm also unsure of what's going on that they don't deserve any interaction from the rest of the community just because the threads have a target audience who are most likely to be interested in the thread. The other thread seems like a good example. While it is nominally about Gilgamesh the first post is good general RP guide. 

The event idea is obviously gilgamesh centric but someone on another server may want to ask about your ideas and/or permission to host a similar event elsewhere. 

Mr. Heat's post was a concern about his character style vs. another post entirely, so it seems appropriate that the author of that post pitch in.

Maybe there's been harassment by PM, and in that case I'd fully support the Mods getting involved. I'm just not sure what public harassment spawned this particular thread or why it needed a public hearing.

I believe Rocks post was mostly directed to some of the posters from the Balmung or Gilgamesh thread. I read no Ill will from Eva when she replied to me and understood what she was.saying and thanked her for her clearing that up for me.

Wouldn't it be easier to just make a separate section on the forums for Gilgamesh stuffs? To avoid confusion.

A subforum is coming soon. Regardless we wouldn't want such posts in the threads on the subforum. Besides, when I make these threads I am and will be very specific who I am talking to.

I'm a bit confused on a few levels here. I understand that there are some people reminding you that this site is mostly for Balmung and I could understand not wanting reminders like that on a sub-forum for Gilgamesh. That just wouldn't make sense. However I wouldn't want people to feel like they're split into groups on the forums just because of there server choice, especially because some people are going to be rolling on both. If there's a cool thread on the Gilgamesh site I think that the people on Balmung should feel free to comment on it and vice-versa. 

Also, if you want your threads to be towards only specific people I'd suggest keeping it to PMs. With the exception of closed RP threads, I'm pretty sure anyone can post in any thread that they like. They just need to be civil and follow the rules!

I believe Rocks post was mostly directed to some of the posters from the Balmung or Gilgamesh thread. I read no Ill will from Eva when she replied to me and understood what she was.saying and thanked her for her clearing that up for me.

That confuses me even more. That thread was about deciding between the two servers. Of course people had an opinion on which was better and supported it. 

:?

Alright first time out everyone as some assumptions are being made.

This post was addressing the posts about the need to put reminders about Gilgamesh being the secondary/smaller/etc server on the Roleplaying on Gilgamesh thread. Since I've been here I've seen too many posts that in my opinion have come off with either a passive aggressive or condescending tone towards those that wish to rp on another server. I am respectfully asking that this stops overall. Especially in threads that are addressing those that will  be roleplaying on Gilgamesh as their first server choice. I saw three posts that I felt were going in this direction. Before seeing anymore I decided to make this thread asking for respectful peaceful coexistence without the reminders that Balmung is the primary/more populated server on a thread that is directly addressing the community on Gilgamesh. Its not needed and honestly it comes off as a bit rude and yes passive aggressive, regardless of whether or not it is fact, or whether or not it is gift wrapped in "I really would love to rp with you guys". If the opposite were happening I would also make a comment asking those that are doing it to stop.

I also received a PM asking me to reconsider my server choice, while I guess I should be flattered I'm not. I'm into helping the Gilgamesh community in the long haul.

Peria, the addressing was to the new Gilgamesh server roieplayers as a whole, not any particular individuals. I am still getting to know everyone who will be roleplaying on Gilgamesh. I have not at one point said "Oh if you are playing on Balmung please don't post here". I have made the statement "Please wish us well and if you don't have anything nice to say please don't say anything at all". This was in reaction to two other posts and a seemingly constant reminder of the server having a smaller pool of roleplayers - even if that is the case, is it something at this point that needs to be constantly said?. Everyone who voted and is playing on Gilgamesh is aware of this, and they have made their choice. Positive posts that help are always welcome no matter who they are coming from and where you are playing.

Moody I asked for the mods assistance in keeping things civil and respectful. Not for a public hearing, but more in a "guys lets be respectful of each other" manner - that's it.

I hope this clears anything up and I go back to asking that we all be civil with each other and respect each others posts and choices and keep things to a positive vibe.

Let's not make this a debate, eh? This just a request that people be a little bit more mindful of what they say in server threads. If it's a thread directed at the members going to Gilga, there's no need to remind them that the "main server" (using the term loosely) is Balmung. If someone asks about it, let 'em know. If not? They probably already know :). Check the topic titles and threads themselves again if you have any doubts on who's being addressed. We're all going to love and be proud of our servers (we hope), but remember to be respectful of the others :3.

Edit: What he said ^

I think it would help if everyone got out the mindset that "this forum is for balmung" i mean..we have had the vote... a server was chosen, Why not just accept it as two equal RP servers, legacy and non-legacy. 

What i mean is, sure right now gilgamesh is the smaller server purely because its literally just been chosen. However aside from the vocal minority on here, we don't know who is going where. This forum boasts about its subscriber count, yet people see a poll with 15/20 people and decide the majority is heading to balmung anyway, so the server vote was for the few. 

If we stopped using terms such as "minority" and "smaller server", which alot of you do in circumstances where its not needed, as you say eva your opinions have been known so why bother even putting in the line about small player counts in your reply when it added nothing to the conversation? It was based on assumption... an assumption no one has the facts to backup until launch. Now this isn't some attack at you, far from it, you just happened to bring an example to the thread for me.

It is basically the same as someone coming on and saying "if your after quality roleplay then maybe somewhere else than balmung is better, since it has such a high population of RP'ers the quantity may dilute it". Now if you saw that sentence you would all go up the wall crazy with abusive posts and outright deniles. The sentence doesn't say anything directly bad about balmung, its based on an opinion but it is put forward as fact.  This is the same thing. 

Tldr:

Stop inferring that the population status on gilgamesh is a bad thing. Or using it within topics aimed at gilgamesh players. No one wants your opinion on how bad the RP will be due to smaller populations, nor is it your place to give it in such threads.

I was not going to post on this thread being new here but the last post irritated me a little so I changed my mind.

I think those who are going to choose Gilgamesh as their new home are being overly sensitive I do not really see anyone trying to disparage Gilgamesh but its easy to understand why its being seen as the "second" or "smaller" RP server.  Perhaps just taking a step back for a moment and realising that this is not a new game but a rerelease and because of that things are different to a normal new MMO release.

The choice of which server we play on is not a choice of Balmung vs Gilgamesh but legacy vs non legacy each of us will decide where we want to play based on what we feel is the best place for us as individuals.  For many here that means a return to RPing with the community that existed in 1.0 of course they do not want to lose the investment of time in their characters, nor of friendships forged, or the RP experiences especially since as far as I can tell the RP community thrived.  Obviously their enthusiasm and excitement is high wanting the best for both themselves and the server they call home, part of that is of course wanting lots of new RP'ers to RP with.

So of course they will want to talk up Balmung its human nature, it is easy to understand that they see players opting for Gilgamesh as a lost opportunity for them and wished for all of us as RP'ers to be together (the more the merrier I always say!).  Of course those players choosing Gilgamesh are no less enthusiastic or excited they are looking forward to the slate wiped clean and a complete fresh start with everyone on a level playing field in a brand new game.

In the end none of us know which server might end up being the dominant one with regards to RP the future is a tricky thing to predict, luckily for us all the option to transfer servers will most likely be availiable after some time so we are not truly stuck with our server destination as a final stop.

With that said I view every single RP'er as a potential friend yet to be found, to me this site is not about which server you choose or play on but about RPing in FFXIV ARR it is a great site with lots of information, guides and reference material, it has a welcoming atmosphere and I for one do not feel we should let such a small detail as a server choice distract us from the excitement and fun we all shall have once the game goes live.

Long live Balmung and Gilgamesh!

I agree that there needs to be some etiquette adhered to going forward in order to minimize confrontations/competition. But that's probably something that's going to be difficult to enforce...especially with all of the very passionate people we have in the community.

The original plan was to merely separate the Events section of the forum into two subsections: "Balmung Events" and "Gilgamesh Events." That was really the extent of any plans. And perhaps the same was to be done with the Leaders' Roundtable. Upon further examination, these plans /may/ be altered to better fit the needs of this community. No promises on these plans changing though, but the staff here will discuss and examine the matter thoroughly and figure out the best course of action as soon as possible.

I don't like the idea of possibly removing the "hub" feel to the forums, and I certainly don't think each server needs its own art section, off topic section, ffxiv discussion, etc. On the other side of the coin, we don't want to have to constantly deal with passive-aggressive remarks from either server to the other in certain red zones like the RP discussion forum. Thus, we will examine what's best for the community as a whole and get back to everyone ASAP.

In the meantime, we do ask that everyone remain respectful to one another, as that's always been rule #1 around here.

To the amyr

I don't actually disagree with you,but I doubt its a case of over sensitivity.

The problem is that the past week has seen people be vocal about things such as splitting the community, not happy due to the server choices, outright dislike that people don't want to goto balmung. The staff have actually handled it somewhat well, but that doesn't mean the community as a whole has accepted it.

The only way to stop it devolving into my server is better than your server bickering is to nip it in the bud, which is what I believe rock was trying to do.  What may be the odd comment here or there only invites further comments down the road.

Alright then, let me try to give my piece of oppinion here...

While reading this little "war" going on here and there.. (Not just on this forum, mind you.).. I could not help but being reminded at something.

Balmung is a place for those who made friends a long time ago and want to see a new dawn rising voer their home with new challanges to rise up to, surroudned by companions they made before.

Gilgamesh is a place for those who either want to start again or feel intimidated by those who walked before.

Now, let me quote something...

To all of my children in whom life flows abundant

To all of my children to whom death hath passed his judgment

The soul yearns for honor and the flesh the hereafter

Look to those who walked before to lead those who walk after

Sounds familiar? It should. We all tried to hold back tears as we listened to these words while we had to watch Bahamut turn our world and lifes to cinders. And yet, we are not done yet.

Now open your eyes while our plight is repeated

Still deaf to our cries lost in hope we lie defeated

Our souls have been torn and our bodies forsaken

Bearing sins of the past for our future is taken

War, born of strife these trials dissuade us not

Words without sound these lies betray our thoughts

Mired by your plague of doubtful and cheap lore

Judgment binds all we hold to a memory of scorn

Tell us why, given life, we are meant to die? Help us in our cry!

Here we are now. Fighting a petty struggle over where to begin a new life. Fighting a silly, pointless fight that brings nothing but strife and anger to everyone of us, if we want to have part in this or not.

Are we really going to let such a silly struggle end in a repetition of history? Are we going to watch Bahamut unleash fire and brimstone on us again, while we fight over which RP community to join? Except that Bahamut will not come to lay waste to the world, but to a community that should stand together as roleplayers, not in the form of a apocalpytic firestorm, but in a gap between what should stand united.

Remember how the song ends?

Yet in one fleeting moment for the new leaf doth grow

In the same fleeting moment thou must live, die and know..

We all must make a decision where we want to make a stand. Should we think of our brothers and sisters on a different server as enemies? As deserters who do not stand by our side in times of war?

No. They are not gone, they merely fight the just war against griefers and rp-trolls on a different front.

We are roleplayers. We should know better then that.

I've only just arrived in this community (I registered right after that lockout when people were voting for the secondary server) so maybe I don't have a lot of context. However, when I saw this thread I had to go back through those other two threads to see if I missed some kind of fighting/insult/undue criticism toward the Gilgamesh server.

Now, I've only been here a few days and already this seems like a rather nice, friendly, tolerant community, regardless of server choice. While some people do seem disappointed that others are splitting off to join Gilgamesh and dividing the community somewhat, I haven't seen anyone get terribly upset or disrespectful about it yet. Not enough to warrant what amounts to a public scolding (which is what it looks like from an outsider's perspective).

See, I would figure that Balmung roleplayers AND Gilgamesh roleplayers would be allowed to post their opinions in this forum, as it is a general RP discussion subforum and not server-specific.

If there was any undue "disrespect," like with whoever sent Rock Sandbourne that PM, I think that it was probably unintentional. For instance, the opinion that Balmung will generally have more activity than Gilgamesh, at least for the time being is... well, probably not inaccurate. I don't think that any disrespect was intended there either.

However, the imagery of extending an "olive branch of peace" implies that some sort of war is going on.

I haven't seen anyone not following "The Golden Rule," and I've seen just as many people talking up their servers on both sides. If this thread were "addressed to all" and calling for respectful discourse on both sides, then why is the content of the original post aimed at Balmung roleplayers showing Gilgamesh roleplayers more respect? The title seems misleading.

Therefore, I feel like this thread might actually be contributing to an environment of rivalry. Even though it calls for coexistence, it feels a bit accusatory in nature.

I'm still trying to decide which server I would prefer to dedicate my time to. I don't know anybody around here just yet, so really it might just come down to whichever server seems more inviting. I think if either server's proponents turn server choice into some kind of rivalry or war, I and probably others will most likely just pick the server that's less unfriendly about it, or whichever community is bigger (just so that we're less likely to run into unfriendly, bitter people).

From the start I've noticed an uncomfortable passive-aggressive entity on the forum trying to push me away from my server selection which I felt was completely unnecessary.

I have less than a dozen posts on the forums and it feels I've gotten at least just as many responses reminding/telling me that Balmung is the primary server and would be better suited for my roleplay desires. 

I wholeheartedly agree with what Rock has pointed out. Respect the fact that some players would prefer to play on a Non-Legacy server with a Roleplay community trying to grow to be comparable to what Balmung has at the moment. Respect and Support the cause. ♥

I agree too!

Though I do believe having separate subforums for both servers is important.

Not to further split us up, but simply to make it easier to look for server-specific threads!

Also, while this thread came mostly to defend Gilgamesh, please keep in mind that Balmung also had to deal with a fair share of aggressivity, so please EVERYONE keep it in mind to respect each other.

It goes both ways.

balmungilgamesh forever!

If we stopped using terms such as "minority" and "smaller server", which alot of you do in circumstances where its not needed, as you say eva your opinions have been known so why bother even putting in the line about small player counts in your reply when it added nothing to the conversation? It was based on assumption... an assumption no one has the facts to backup until launch. Now this isn't some attack at you, far from it, you just happened to bring an example to the thread for me.

First, the line about the smaller pool of overall RPers on Gilgamesh was relevent to MrHeat's query. It wasn't like I was willfully targeting a Gilgamesh thread and taunting or anything like that - which is feeling to me what is being implied. I invite you to re-read posts #20, #21, and #22 on the thread itself to read over this within the scope of context as it applies.

Moreover, there's no assumption here - at least not for my part. People have stated in no uncertain terms upon which server they'll be playing. Look at the polls. This is fact. The assumptions I see being made are by the OP in that people in support of Balmung are somehow berating those who've opted for Gilgamesh. I would be interested to see the specific examples that prompted this thread's creation, since it appears to be more than just mine. I'm fairly certain in each and every case there was no intent to "lord our superior population size" over the smaller community, as is being suggested.

Its not needed and honestly it comes off as a bit rude and yes passive aggressive, regardless of whether or not it is fact, or whether or not it is gift wrapped in "I really would love to rp with you guys".

Frankly I find this a bit offensive. "Gift wrapped" to me implies that these sentiments aren't genuine. I enjoy RP. And I enjoy RPing with a variety of people. That even a small subset of these people will be unavailable to me is an unfortunate thing. I'm sorry if you assumed I was being insincere or using that as some sort of excuse. I wasn't.

The problem here, as I see it, is not with the way thoughts and opinions and ideas are being broadcast but rather with how they are being received by those who are choosing to play on Gilgamesh. Until I see references to specific posts that clearly display the sort of disrespect and passive-aggressiveness that the OP mentions, I'm left to wonder at what the true purpose of this thread actually is.

These are my thoughts on this matter and I see no reason to post anything further in this thread because I don't see any references to specific posts that display any of the perceived disrespect that the OP mentions. I see statements of fact used appropriately and a subset of the community finding convoluted reason to take offense to it.

I do find it a little alarming that a thread like this has been made so soon after this agreed-upon division and I will continue to wonder if this really was the right thing for the RPC. I hope that I am wrong.

Good luck on Gilgamesh.

Originally, I intended to not post in this thread to avoid kicking the bee hive a few more times, though, after thinking about it some (and icing rude dudes in Farcry 3), I decided to write up a post to try to wrap my brain around what might have been the origin of this thread. I could be wrong, but I think I'm at least hitting proximate to the bullseye. 

I'm gonna have to stick to Balmung, but that's because that's the server the Linkshell I'm in is on (as well as one I'll be joining in the future). That aside, I like the rp activity of Balmung and, especially for me, rping is what's going to keep the game from going dry for me. All of the events SE are supposed to run will help, but I know I'll find myself logging back on again and again because I want to rp with people I'll consider friends.

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd 

Of course I'll be sticking with Balmung. Besides the fact that my legacy characters are there, it really doesn't make sense to me to split up an already-small RP community. 

If there are players who only care about gameplay first and really have issues with legacy servers, sure, they can go to Gilgamesh, but they relinquish their right to complain about a lack of RP activity when they do so.

Both of these posts are out of the Balmung or Gilgamesh poll page in the RP Discussion board. I chose these two posts because of what Rock posted a few posts later...

I'll just point out that both Balmung and Gilgamesh are supposed to be pointed out as most likely to have a high population of RPers, as far as we know.

Saying that one is going to be better than the other is just not right, as both should be promoted.

It's not a contest, just a question.

Honestly thank you for mentioning this

Alright, now I'm sure neither of us (and I know I didn't) mean any ill intent towards anyone who wanted to play on Gilgamesh. In my post, I remarked about rp activity on Balmung being a pull for me. As of right now, the majority of this very site is on Balmung, so it's pretty safe to say that the rp activity is greater. I'm sorry if you take offense to that. I would never try to directly dissuade someone from joining Gilgamesh or Balmung. If someone asks my opinion, I will give them my opinion. And before someone starts accusing me of being a separatist or something foolish like that, I don't care at all about servers.

I firmly believe that Eva has the right idea about this. Sure, there are some people who are being rude about the whole server thing, but I believe the problem stems from the receivers. Until I'm proven otherwise, that's what I have to stick with. It irks me that this even needed to go on for as long as it should, and if this continues, I might have to put up my FFXIV Rping dreams before they even start. I sincerely hope that doesn't happen because I do love the game and look forward to rping with everyone. I wish Gilgamesh the best luck.

Wow...

I, too, am admittedly new here... but other than people passionately supporting their server choice on the Server Poll thread (which seems entirely acceptable to me)... I have also not seen what I've perceived to be negative or condescending comments directed to the folks that want to roll Gilgamesh.

Maybe I'm just oblivious?

Or maybe they are mentioned in threads I have yet to read? I dunno...

Personally, yes, I plan to roll on Balamung. But that doesn't mean I think that those that chose to roll on Gilgamesh are making a bad decision or are stupid or whatever whatever. I am =sad= that the RP community will be physically split this way, and therefore prevent me from RPing with the great folks that will make Gilgamesh awesome- but that is it.

My hope is that this site could be a ===ROLEPLAYER=== supported site. Regardless of where your characters 'live'. That we all support eachother for being RPers and our desire to make great stories and our respective servers incredible.

I see no reason to segregate eachother into separate "camps" when speaking of RP and RP topics in general.

I see no reason why players on Gilga can't RP via forum with players on Balamung either. I see no reason why we can't still be on the same 'team' despite being in different playing fields.

We are all Roleplayers. We love to create and make stories. We are passionate about our craft, dedicated to our art, and excited to share it with eachother- right?

I know I'm still going to be keeping an eye on events and RP that I see mentioned here that occur on Gilgamesh- despite being on Balamung. I want to support my brothers/sisters 'in arms'.

And... I see no reason why I can't comment on a Gilgamesh forum if I would like. I have no interest (and see no point) in 'putting down' anyone that chose Gilga, nor being passive-aggressive. Honestly, its your money, your RP preference, your choice. I have a member of my own LS that has already mentioned preferring to roll on the non-Legacy server. Do I hope she changes her mind? Yes... b/c I want to RP with her.. and I want to RP with the folks I'm meeting here that will be on Balamung. But do I think ill of her? Not at all. She'll make her decision and I'll be happy for her- either way.

As mentioned before by a prior poster, this is not a competition (or shouldnt' be). This is:

Balamung = THE chosen Legacy RP server

Gilgamesh = THE chosen non-Legacy RP server

That's it.

Period.

Same=same IMHO as far as 'importance' goes.

Yes, this site is Balamung focused- or has been in the past because most of the members that created it were Legacy from Balamung. Makes sense.

But the vote for Gilgamesh -JUST- happened so the site is now evolving as the Mods make room for and bring Gilgamesh into focus (as Kylin, et al said they would) as the main non-Legacy RP server.

I have full faith in the Mods to make the needed adjustments to be fair to all: Legacy and non-Legacy server alike.

But... in the end, yes: Respect eachother. Our true "enemies" are not fellow RPers- but the griefers and jerks that make our enjoyment of the game difficult.

:love: