Non-pureblood Garleans with third eye?

Hey all! First post here; I was researching some stuff for a new character I'm building, and it brought me to this forum.

I'm building a character that will be a half-lalafell, half-Garlean. (dark implications, I realize.)

When trying to think of features I could give them, I was toying around with the idea of giving them the Third Eye, despite not being a pure-blood. Batting that idea around for awhile, I came up with some possibilities, like maybe the eye is there but malformed, smaller than usual, etc? He'd take to covering it with one of the forehead gems you often see dunesfolk with. That's all I have of his lore at present, and was planning to go from there.

I realize this is breaking proper lore to begin with, but I'm trying to think of a way to make it work without it being TOO out there, if that makes sense.

I guess in the end, someone can make an OC anything they want, but I was curious about getting some feedback on the idea!

(Also please have mercy on me if this is a dumb idea, I've only been playing for 7 months and consistent lore in this game is hard to come by if you don't own the encyclopedias)

f0b44714955eb54885a470bfd28fdbe3.jpg

22 hours ago, Kasasari Kurasagi said:

On my understanding they usually have black, non-functional third eyes. That's taking from the canon NPC Severa who had a garlean dad and hyur mother. She's identical to a hyur but in her third eye.

Severa is the only case of this we see in game. Other half Garlean NPC's (mentioned in spoiler) do not have any sort of third eye, so she is more likely a rarity if anything.

Spoiler

I.e. Arenvald and the Lexentale kids

Edited by Faye

The lore on mixed couples in the setting is known: offspring resemble the mother, but you very occasionally get kids that blend traits, like Hilda Ware.  I see no reason why the same wouldn't apply to half-Garleans. 

Third eyes would be extremely rare in cases where the mother was not Garlean, but could occur, explaining both Severa and the other half-Garlean NPCs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/17/2021 at 11:17 PM, Faye said:

Severa is the only case of this we see in game. Other half Garlean NPC's (mentioned in spoiler) do not have any sort of third eye, so she is more likely a rarity if anything.

Hide contents

I.e. Arenvald and the Lexentale kids

Spoiler

I remember something about the mother and the necklace on the Lexentale kids, not much as I never played FF12/FFT and the entire raid was a bore to me, so I didn't even knew they were mixed lol. Both their haircuts do hide the forehead and I can see why they wouldn't bother modeling something meant to be hidden on that case.

Arenvald did have a third eye, his mother carved it out with a knife, and that's why he got the scar on his forehead. He says so when you're introducing yourselves to Kemp at the beginning of SB iirc.

13 hours ago, Kasasari Kurasagi said:
Spoiler

Arenvald did have a third eye, his mother carved it out with a knife, and that's why he got the scar on his forehead. He says so when you're introducing yourselves to Kemp at the beginning of SB iirc.

No. That's not correct. The character had said

Spoiler

his mothing -thought- he would grow one, so she decided to carve it out. It was a delusion