Which server to pick as an european RPer

I would like to ask which server is the most suitable one, RP-wise, for an european roleplayer? As someone who lives in Turkey and plays mostly at night, I fear that I wont be seeing too much of a RP. Any answers greatly appreciated.

Well non of the servers are actually in Europe. Moogle & Shiva seem to be popular though.

Ah, I see, I see...Well if none of these servers are actually in Europe, then may I ask your thoughts regarding moving to Balmung or perhaps Gilgamesh? Even on a different timezone, I presume one will still find RP activities more than one can find in his timezome in Moogle, right?

Well non of the servers are actually in Europe. Moogle & Shiva seem to be popular though.

But those servers probably won't have roleplayers.

OP, I think Balmung is going to end up with the largest population of roleplayers, so you're more likely to find folk playing in your times there than you would elsewhere.

Eh I just did a quick Google search for FFXIV role play server and on some forums people where talking about the Moogle server. It would be best just to do Gilga or Balmung. There are always people playing. Also sorry for the bad information.

Officially, RPC supports both Balmung and Gilgamesh.

As mentionned, none of the servers are physically located in Europe (the non-japanese one is in Montreal) so lag will be the same everywhere. There used o be just the one in Japan, but on June 6th, a second one in Montreal was announced.

Refer to this Lodestone thread.

It's true that some are "recommended for EU" but this recommendation probably exists only to put a label for europeans to congregate (much like how we put RP labels on Balm and Gilg, I guess).

It mostly just depends whether having pre-established characters from 1.0 around bothers you or appeals to you.

Ah, I see, I see!

Well, since I consider myself abnormal, I sure am glad to see others play at abnormal hours! Oh well, see you mates in Balmung then! If you see a Roegadyn named Silent Mountain who has no clue what in Seven Hells he is doing, feel free to poke him!