Some info from Yoshi-P

The 1 week Phase 4 doesn't really surprise me. They're gonna have to have a debug period after Sunday, that could possibly last until the 21st or so. Then the last bit of July would be Phase 4, then another debug/stability assurance. Then whenever early access is, followed by launch.

I am VERY excited that arcanist will be available though. My prayers have been answered!

Yeah I'm disappointing it's only one week but phase 4 might be cutting it close to early access depending on when they start it. It's just a stress test so it doesn't need to be that long. The exp bonus is nice though! Oh and Arcanist! I have taken a huge liking to it and I am definitely going to be trying it out.

I think they should give us one more testing opportunity for PvP next week since they will basically have an entire month to polish and fix things. They might as well let us test that out instead of throwing it in at launch and just seeing how it works out.

Phase 4 is supposed to have the Coliseum available, so we'll have the opportunity to test it then. They wouldn't be able to allow us to test it in Phase 3 because it's not in the current build, they'd have to release an entirely new client just for a single weekend of testing.

I actually didn't expect phase 4 to be much longer than a week, two tops. I am however very excited to learn that Arcanist will be available in Phase 4.

Millions of carbuncles... if this was real carbuncles as opposed to cute sommoned monster type carbuncles, it would be a horrible thing. o_O

But I'm also eager to try it out. Planning for my Gilgamesh alt to be an arcanist unless I end up disliking it.

I think they should give us one more testing opportunity for PvP next week since they will basically have an entire month to polish and fix things. They might as well let us test that out instead of throwing it in at launch and just seeing how it works out.

Phase 4 is supposed to have the Coliseum available, so we'll have the opportunity to test it then. They wouldn't be able to allow us to test it in Phase 3 because it's not in the current build, they'd have to release an entirely new client just for a single weekend of testing.

I believe the PVP Coliseum was delayed til launch/patch.. Shippuu can correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm a bit surprised and not surprised at the announcement but I suppose we will have to wait till official anoucement accross al languages. I understand though. They want to have as much time to put in finishing touches and the longer the beta, the less time they have on finish of the final details.

I believe the PVP Coliseum was delayed til launch/patch.. Shippuu can correct me if I'm wrong.

According to one of the recent interviews I read it's still slated to start in Phase 4, it's the Frontline or whatever it was called PvP that won't be introduced until post launch.

Someone has probably all ready asked this but say we pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe version of 1.0 FFXIV: will we still get headstart or do we have to pre-order the game all over again to get it? Would kind of stink if we had to but I want to be clear just in case if anyone knows.

Thanks. ^^

Someone has probably all ready asked this but say we pre-ordered the Digital Deluxe version of 1.0 FFXIV: will we still get headstart or do we have to pre-order the game all over again to get it? Would kind of stink if we had to but I want to be clear just in case if anyone knows.

Thanks. ^^

In order to get early access, you do have to get a new pre-order.