Al'Mian Oasis (Open)

Now back to our regularly scheduled program. (I hope I got everything....)

The hackles were beginning to rise on the back of his neck as he watched the scene unfold from the safety of his spot at the bar. Those three newcomers...he wondered if they had brought chocobos...

The man with spectacles suddenly had his hand on the Maestro's shoulder, pulling him aside. "If you'll excuse my companion, you'll find he's simply very excitable," he said, speaking with business-like professionalism. "He's simply had a hard week. Haven't you, Maestro?"

The bald man pointed the edge of the knife towards the man who'd greeted them. "Hungry? I'm more than willing to cook," he replied, opening his coat wide and revealing a string of grenades on either side, their pins hung to a string that dangled in the air. "But like Leader said... we're here to eat." His face lowered, his teeth sparkling a magnificent white as he bared them through his wide smile. "I'm sure we'll have time to play later."

The Leader pushed the glass up the bridge of his nose, mumbling to Faythiel. "No alcohol please."

"Bear and I will more than make up for it' date=' if something happens," Tabrett assured Tadir with a smooth tone. Even injured, Bear was, well, rather large. He could fall on something, at the very least. And ''cute'' as she was, the Miqo'te knew how to handle herself. Hopefully, however, Fatyhiel and Gavriel would defuse the situation before it came to that. "They want to eat. Maybe once they do so, they'll leave peacefully.."[/quote']

Bear sat back in his chair and watched Faythiel talk to everyone around the table, he wanted to jut in, but didn't know what to say. Just then three stranger's entered, Gavriel had a strange look in his eyes, he got up and confronted the three. Bear just sat and watched, but knew that if things went down hill he'd have to get involved. Faythiel soon joined Gavriel, there looked to be a little commotion, and just then Tadir spoke followed by Tabrett.

"Just so you know, I'm going to be less than useless if this comes to a fight."

"Bear and I will more than make up for it, if something happens,"

"Don't worry Tadir, I'm sure nothing bad will happen... If it does, I will do my best to protect you." Bear reassured Tadir and smiled.

"They want to eat. Maybe once they do so, they'll leave peacefully.."

"Let's hope so, I've only got one good arm, no weapons, and that big guy looks like a challenge..." With that Bear borught the hanging chainmail on his wounded arm over the cloth bandage and reclipped the leather strap with the top strap chainmail on his shoulder. He took the shoulder plate strap and wrapped it tightly around his arm, and tied it.

Nanapariri clapped her hands one last time to encourage the workers to finish unloading the good and taking the old crates back to the area where the caravan back would be loaded the next day. "Alright Kiddos you just got to push on ahead and finish! There's not too much farther to go!" she was met by groans and much less energy. This the Lalafel knew how to overcome. "All 10 of you will get a meal and 2 drinks of your choice at the tavern Kiddos so chop-chop!"

This had the desired effect. The pace picked up and the Lalafel who was paid to run the outpost looked over at Nana reproachfully. She spied the look and and sighed. "What is it Kirara?"

She peered over at Nana over her spectacles and her checklist. "Well Mistress its just that you did mean that those 10 and me also?"

Nana frowned.

"I had considered it but you're attitude today has been a bit sour. If by the time my 5 days here are up I'll consider it. You must earn your rewards you know Kiddo."

The saleswoman sighed. "Yes Mistress I promise to improve my mood about surprise inspections from this day forward."

Faythiel sighed at how busy the place had gotten with no one to help her.

She had just brought over a cool glass of water when the newly arrived Miqo'te woman got up and went to help the injured lalafel.She smiled to her as she went up the stairs, and then once she was out of sight, she stomped back into the owner's room, turning on his lights without warning and kicking the edge of his bed.

"You wake up now, ne?! I have been working for hours through troublesome customers, alone, and you aren't even paying me!" she shouted, hands resting on her hips as she gave him a scornful look.

"I suggest you get up and motivated soon, because I'd like the break I came to this inn for, and if I have to wait to much longer I'm going to leave the place unattended!"

She shouted at the man in frustration, her arms moved from hips to crossed in front of her as she awaited his response. Her shouting might have been heard from the tavern if the hustle and bustle were to quiet for even a moment.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic