Al'Mian Oasis (Open)

Just as a side note, when Nedral appears to be lost in thought, she's most likely talking to Aixa, the person she shares her mind with. I wasn't sure if I should include Aixa's dialogue or not, but if y'all want I can. It's not public knowledge about Aixa though.

Nedral once again surveyed the crowd, raising an eye brow before looking back to the Elezen woman.

"From the looks of it, I'd say not... Then again that Roegadyn seemed to have been treated rather recently..." She pondered for a moment, as if lost in thought, then returned her attention to the woman. "I'm no doctor myself, but perhaps I can be of some assistance, I've treated minor wounds on myself and some others. How bad is he hurt?"

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She led the Miqo'te to room 5. The Lalafell was on the bed, his legs and left arm splinted. He had bruises on his face and his red eyes were slitted. His left shoulder was stitched and there was dried blood in his blond hair. He groaned and tried to reach for the water on the bedside table. He rolled back, unable to reach. "Damn my short arms."

Nedral followed the woman silently as she was led to a room in the back of the tavern. Nedral stepped inside the room after the Elezen and looked down at the small Lalafell on the bed as he reached for a glass of water, rolling back most dissatisfied.

"Damn my short arms." he said.

Nedral moved to the side of the bed, surveying the state the man was in and of the splints and sutures on his shoulder. She grabbed the glass of water and handed it to his good arm.

"Can you tell me your name?" She asked softly, putting on a slight but warm smile.

He looked at her a little suspiciously. "Who are you and why are you here?" He looked at the Elezen. "For that matter, who are you and why are YOU here? Thanks for saving me but I still need to know who you are. My trust is a little strained right now." The Elezen looked startled and thought back. She hadn't mentioned her name to anyone. "It's Chalinda and this is...." She pointed at the Miqo'te.

Faythiel sighed at how busy the place had gotten with no one to help her.

She had just brought over a cool glass of water when the newly arrived Miqo'te woman got up and went to help the injured lalafel.She smiled to her as she went up the stairs, and then once she was out of sight, she stomped back into the owner's room, turning on his lights without warning and kicking the edge of his bed.

"You wake up now, ne?! I have been working for hours through troublesome customers, alone, and you aren't even paying me!" she shouted, hands resting on her hips as she gave him a scornful look.

"I suggest you get up and motivated soon, because I'd like the break I came to this inn for, and if I have to wait to much longer I'm going to leave the place unattended!"

She shouted at the man in frustration, her arms moved from hips to crossed in front of her as she awaited his response. Her shouting might have been heard from the tavern if the hustle and bustle were to quiet for even a moment.

Nedral looked from the upset and confused Lalafell to the Elezen, Chalinda, then back at the man.

"My name is Nedral, a swordswoman of sorts with more than one skill than the blade. I've offered my assistance to Chalinda to see if there was anything I could do about your wounds." She chided slightly at the Lalafells attitude. "Though I can leave you here to writhe if you'd like, waiting for a doctor that I'm sure won't come. It would be hell to travel back to Ul'dah in your condition."

She nodded once again, returning her smile, and handed Shamad the water. She then picked up his wounded arm gently and began un-wrapping the splint.

"I apologize in advance if this hurts, but I need to check for broken bones. It won't be for a minute" She probed his tiny arm with her fingers as gently as she could then, when satisfied, set it down then moved to his legs, removing the splints and examining them similarly.

When she was finished she sighed and smiled. "Well, nothing life threatening, but you'll be in pain for a while. You have a fracture in your arm, but it will heal quickly with the proper care. Your legs are in better condition, not broken but the bones and surrounding muscle are severely bruised, it will be some time before you're able to walk again unassisted." She examined the wound on his shoulder, probing around it much in the same manner though more carefully. "This was well tended," she said turning to Chalinda, nodding. "Some bruising will be expected just so long as you don't over extend yourself and tear the sutures."

Nedral reached behind her and produced from underneath her cloak a messenger bag. She rummaged through the bag and produced a medium sized glass container. "This is an ointment that I picked up from a merchent in Ul'dah. It will help with the pain and swelling." She motioned to his wounds. "May I?"

Nedral removed the lid from the container and scooped out a green paste and began working it into the skin of his arm. "Well, you should be able to walk now aided with a cain or staff," she moved on to his legs, taking more of the paste from the container. "But I would wait a while and rest before attempting it, it's up to you." She applied some of the paste to his shoulder, being gentle over the stitches, then wiped her hands clean on her trousers.

When she was done, she capped the container then set it on the table next to the bed. "You can keep that one, I bought two. Now, as far as a concussion goes, you seem to be coherent enough so if you do have one, it's minor and should heal on its own. But, its hard to tell with the lighting in this room and your eyes are a most peculiar color and that doesn't help." She took up the splints she had taken off and reapplied them to his arm and legs then brushed her hair back. "Chalinda said she was worried about some internal bleeding. I'm no doctor, but I can check for internal bruises. Were you thrown into the Aetheryte from the front or back?"

Nedral lifted the back of Shamad's shirt, grimacing at the sight. It was horribly bruised, the skin broken in some places but nothing severe. "This is going to hurt..." She said more to herself than to him.

"What happened to your nose?" he asked her.

She ran her fingers over his back, feeling for bruised internals, careful to be as gentle as possible. "Have you ever taken a line shot to the face by a very large and very angry Roegadyn after hitting a hard wood floor face first then a wine bottle was broken over your hand, its shards cutting your face in myriad places?" She replied, continuing her examination.

He giggled a little then grunted. It hurt. "In fact yes. Only it was a stone training floor, a beer bottle and a drunk combat instructor. He was teaching me a lesson about taking a punch. The key is to ride the punch backwards. You don't and skull fractures are extremely possible."

She finished her examination then reached for the ointment and applied some to his back. She smiled to herself, her mood lifting at the sound of the tiny man's giggle. "Luckily for me I escaped with a broken nose and naught much else." She was quiet for a moment as she finished applying the ointment, returning it to the night table. "Can't say the same for him though." Her tone a little darker.

After a moment she stood, sliding her bag back under her cloak, then helped the Lalafell turn back onto his back. "There's no major damage done to your internals, though I cannot tell if there is any bleeding but you do not have a fever so my guess is you're fine. But again, I'm no doctor, I would travel to Ul'dah as soon as your comfortable enough to travel by coach and find a doctor there. I'm sorry I couldn't be of any more help to you."

Nedral smiled, thinking after Luther again. "I've got my own personal giant to watch over me now, though he's a little too over protective of me for my taste, though he's welcome enough." Nedral took a step back to the door, looking at Chalinda, then back to Shamad, speaking to them both. "I will leave you to your rest now, should you require anything else of me, I will be staying the night here so feel free to ask." And with that, she nodded to them both and left the room, her footfall quiet, returning to the bar in hopes of finally getting some water.

(sorry for the delay, I was playing street fighter)

Nedral watched Chalinda approach the table and place the bag of gil on the table. She raised an eye brow but the woman was off to the bar before she could reply. Nedral eyed the bag for a moment then picked it up and moved to the bar, sitting next to Chalinda. She plopped the bag down between them then grabbed her tail and idly played with its hair.

"There's no need. I recently came into a good deal of gil, besides, Shamad could use it more than I. For his doctor's fee that is."

Chalinda pushed the bag back to Nedral. "You don't need to worry about Shamad and his doctor's fee. It will all be taken care of by the people I represent. They have a need for him. That's why I was sent to this sand trap. You earned the money. Especially considering his rudeness. I have already sent for a doctor by linkshell. He will be here tomorrow." Chalinda smiled at Nedral. "Where did you learn your medical skills? They are far surpassing mine. All I know is battlefield medicine. Splint this, sew that, its too late, put him out of his misery. That sort of stuff."

Nedral thought for a moment, eyeing the bag of gil not really as a want, but more just because it was something to look at. It took her a moment to respond when she finally came back she shrugged slightly. "When I was young, my mother was a nurse of sorts so I learned a bit from her. My Master taught me most of what I know, though, and a lot is due to experience on the battle field. I'm also somewhat of a botanist; there are a lot of flowers and plants about that have restorative properties and one needs to know these things if one is to be a good botanist." She pondered to herself, lost in thought. "Might I ask why you have need of Shamad?"

Chalinda sighed. "I'm afraid I don't know. All I do know is I got orders to come here and talk to him. Just as I got here, he and his friend walk out into the desert. I followed them to an Aetheryte and all hell broke loose. Shamad touched the Aetheryte and when he turned around, his friend tried to stab him. There was talk about some sort of war and his friend admitted he had killed all of Shamad's clan. There were some artifacts floating around and then there was an explosion. I was untouched thanks to me being behind a sand dune that blocked the shockwave. I saw Shamad's friend was gone and I did what I could for him and brought him here. Sorry. I'm babbling. I've just never seen anything like that."