Al'Mian Oasis (Open)

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tadir's eyes rose to meet the Miqo'te's. "Evening miss. I was wondering where you went off to."

He gestured to the empty chair and looked back to Bear.

"This was the axe that you just had made, correct? Of the new material? That must have been disappointing, but would an ogre really take an axe? I've never seen one in person, but I was given to understand that they tend to be more of the "smash things with fiery fists after goring them on sharp horns" persuasion.

As bear finished his story the Miqo'te who had originally gone to get the supplies came back, touching him lightly on the shoulder, he glanced up at her. Tadir started asking bear questions, and the Miqo'te said something to Gavriel, Bear didn't quite catch it.

"This was the axe that you just had made, correct? Of the new material? That must have been disappointing, but would an ogre really take an axe? I've never seen one in person, but I was given to understand that they tend to be more of the "smash things with fiery fists after goring them on sharp horns"

"Well I wasn't to upset during the time, I really didn't think about it until now... The fate of my companions has been occupying my mind... I spent almost all the gil I had to make that axe, and never got to use it." Bear sighed, "But an axe is an axe, I can always go back to the weaponsmith, although I think he'd be quite cross with me for losing his peice of work. I don't know why an Ogre would take anything from me and let me live, I don't think an axe or gil would do a beast like that any good. I must have been robbed, it was day when we encountered the Ogre, and night when I awoke, it could have been hours, or even days, speaking of days, what is the date today!?!?"

Tadir noded slowly, looking down at his notes.

"And you were working as a mercenary during this expedition."

He looks up at Bear. "How well did you know your clients. It just seems a little suspicious to me that no one else was around when you awoke." Tadir's eyes fall on the Miqo'te next to Bear. "I'm being rude aren't I? Please tend to your wounds."

He looks at his empty glass.

"I'll go get another drink. Would anyone else like one?"

I need to take the dog out. Back in a little bit.

Oof, sorry I haven't been very active today.

Gavriel busied himself inspecting Bear's wound as the conversation between Bear and the journalist ensued. The wound had stopped bleeding thanks to the potion that the Miqo'te had given him.

The journalist turned to Gavriel,"I'm sorry. I've been neglecting you. I missed your name outside."

He responded coolly and seemed preoccupied, "My name is Gavriel. Gavriel Venitiago...." He didn't ask the journalist's name in return.

After a bit of searching, the Elezen woman had retrieved all that Gavriel had asked for. He could read the veiled look of scorn on her face. "Thank you," he said, making eye contact for a moment.

After a while, the young Miqo'te sell-sword reappeared and put her hand on Bear's shoulder. The journalist offered her a seat.

"Would you like my assist?" she asked, "My stomach does not turn easily."

Gavriel's attention returned, "Yes. Actually I would."

His intense gaze rested on the Miqo'te, "I need you to hold his arm. He will flinch away from me no matter how dull this rum makes him. He might rupture an artery. This is very important." His rough expression seemed to fade as he spoke to her. His face was gentle his eyes were sincere.

"Now Bear, you'll need this. Don't go biting your toung." He drew a knife from his belt and put the leather-bound hilt up to the Roegadyn's mouth.

"Alright then!"

Gavriel grabbed the two shots of foul whiskey in either hand. The first he gulped down with a satisfying grunt. The second he splashed onto Bear's open wound.

He went to work.

Bear, feel free to describe the field-surgery :)

Aveline emerged from the kitchen, wiping her brow with the back of her hand. "Whew! Alright, I think I've done enough cooking for one day. If anyone asks, that urchin in the kitchen making steaks is a legitimate, long-time employee of whoever runs this place." She smiled gratefully at Faythriel and grabbed up a tray of drinks to take out. "Thanks so much for helping out! I don't know how it happened, but I think we became the proprietors of this place." She laughed brightly at the thought, dispensing drinks, though she stopped short as she noticed what looked to be surgery about to be performed at one of the tables.

"What in the names of all the Twelve is going on?" Even as she said the words she was already on her way back to the bar to look for extra towels to provide the woman doing the healing work.

Tabrett was quite petite in comparison to the men around the table, most especially Bear. Her features were delicate, posessing an almost doll-like quality, but her hands were sure and strong when she took hold of the wounded Roegadyn. There was no way she would be able to hold him if he shot up from that chair and flailed about like a raging beast, but even her insignificant weight would be able to manage just one limb. She was prepared for Bear to flinch, jump, or pull. Her small hands were steel bands on the wounded man's arm.

"Have you any formal training?" she questioned of Gavriel. Or had he learned the way many soldiers did? From past personal experience. There had been times when she had to stitch a wound or two on her travels.

"Yes, I was hired as a mercenary.. hmmm... i never thought of that, they didn't seem like the theiving types, but I suppose if they assumed I was dead, anything is possible." Bear answered to Tadir's question.

Gavriel took the leather hilt of his dagger and stuck it in Bear's mouth, told him to bite down, and he did. Gavriel and Tab began working on his arm. First came the splash of the awful drink onto the wound, Bear bit down on the leather hard, his eyebrow furrowed and he clenched a fist with his free arm. Then came the closing the wound and the first stitch, upon closing the wound the dried blood cracked and blood spewed from the wound, Gavriel and Tab did their best to contain the bleeding with towels. After the second and third stitch things got better, and progressively felt better. Soon enough it was over, they poured alcohol on it, and bandaged it with cloth containing medicinal herbs to clot blood.

Bear took the knife out of his mouth, smiled and moved his arm in a circle at the shoulder, "What are you two? White mages?!?! Hahahaha! Thank you both, Miqo'te I didn't even catch your name!"

Faythiel watched the situation from where she sat at the bar, quiet, not wanting to distract Gavriel from his stitching.

"Will he be alright?" She asked when it was all finished, looking between Tab and Gavriel questioningly, looking a little concerned.

Her silvery eyes rested on Bear for a moment before she moved over to take the dirty towels and pail of bloodied water off their table, only to return with a clean washcloth to wipe their table down.

She made sure to clean the table thoroughly, but expediantly, quick to try and be out of their way , not wanting to intrude too much..she'd worked a few waitress jobs before...

She stepped back from their table, bowing politely, hesitating from leaving a moment, waiting to see that all was well.

"Have you any formal training?" questioned the Miqo'te.

"Yes," he replied shortly.

After several minutes of silence, save for Bear's grunting, Gavriel spoke again, this time very softly, "My Uncle was a surgeon and my mother, Llymlaen bless her, was a thaumaturge."

After a long while, the surgery was done. Bear took the knife out of his mouth, smiled and moved his arm in a circle at the shoulder, "What are you two? White mages?!?! Hahahaha! Thank you both."

"Did you just call me an old decrepit man?" asked Gavriel with a wry smile.

"Miqo'te I didn't even catch your name!"

Gavriel was about to thank her himself, but realized he didn't catch her name either.

Withdrawing her hands from the Roegadyn, Tabrett moved to take the seat at the table that Tadir had initially offered to her. Her weapon was rested against the wall once more and she looked up in time to catch the questioning look in Gavriel's eyes, as well as Bear's boisterous question. Shifting in her chair, she crossed one leg over the other as she answered to both. "I am called Tabrett. It's a pleasure, Gavriel and ... Bear, wasn't it? You're lucky you ran into this one, it seems. He's mended you well."

Her ears twitched and she looked up to find the lovely Elezen woman lingering near the table, looking nervous to be intruding. Her smile was gentle and welcoming, and she was quick to calm her worries over the Roegadyn's health. "He will be fine, I'm sure. Gavriel managed a good, clean stitch. As long as the wound is looked after, he should come out with nothing but a new scar and a story to tell. Thank you, for your help."

Dreamer was ignoring the other patrons, sunk deep in his own thoughts as he looked over his map now laid out on the table. He twirled the wine in his glass, and sipped it slowly. Wine was always better to drink slow, unless there was a girl involved. His victory over the desert had left him with little reward and the fight had taken most of everything he had brought along with him. All he had left now was some gil, an empty canteen, and a map that was probably cursed.

"Well," he was muttering. "First thing I need to do is find out where exactly I am." He quickly scanned the interior of the dining hall for his Elezen waitress. Seeing her over by the bar, he picked up his map and he waltzed on over to her, making sure to bring his wine with him. He leaned his back against the counter next to her, giving her his best smile. "I think I would like one of those meals you mentioned earlier. Oh, and don't suppose you could tell me where exactly I am?"

Sorry I couldn't RP more today guys. I'll try to be on more tomorrow.

Faythiel's concerned look for Bear turned into a wry smile as she glanced to Dreamer as he spoke to her.

"Seems to be the ass end of the universe, ne?" she mused at the man, moving behind the bar once again to ready him a plate of food.

"But one would suppose you want a REAL answer so..." she sat his plate down in front of him "You're in the Al'Mian Oasis..." she said with a wink, refilling her own drink while she was behind the bar.

She took a steep swig of her whiskey, and resumed washing out and drying some glasses behind the bar.

She hummed to herself pleasantly, her own tune causing her to bop a bit in place, hips wiggling ever so slightly to her own melody.

"Did you just call me an old decrepit man?"

"You stitch as slow as one! I nearly chipped all my teeth waiting for you to finish! Hahaha!" Bear continued to joke with Gavriel, and then wiped the single tear of laughter from his right eye, "Ah, I'm only joking there, you did a wonderful job, I'm lucky I met you."

Bear's attention turned to Tab as she told the men her name, "Tabrett, I like the sound to that, Tab-rett, it's nice." Bear put on silly smile, it seemed he was a little drunk, even for a roedagyn of his size, he hadn't eaten in days, and he seldom ever drank, so when he did, it hit him hard. In spite of all that, he was still able to manage it. He watched Tab turn to the Elezen woman.

"He will be fine, I'm sure. Gavriel managed a good, clean stitch. As long as the wound is looked after, he should come out with nothing but a new scar and a story to tell. Thank you, for your help."

Bear leaned in and whispered to Tabrett as Faythiel walked over to help a man looking at a parchment, "Hey, what is that elezen's name? I saw her in the crowd that gathered when I first got here, does she own this place or just work here?"

Yawning, Aveline looked around the bar with growing disinterest. She'd been there for hours and she had only planned on stopping in town briefly. Counting out the gil that had been placed in the mug she'd set out, she handed half of her earnings to Faythriel, coming to about 200 gil.

"There you are, sister," she said. "Things seem to be quieting down a bit and I'm due back in Ul'dah to meet up with some friends by nightfall. Do you live around the city? Maybe we could meet up again sometime when we aren't acting as impromptu waitresses?"

Leaning in toward Bear, the Miqo'te rested her arm lightly across the tabletop. She spoke quietly in response to his question, just loud enough to include Gavriel and Tadir in the brief bit of conversation.

"I don't know her name," Tabrett admitted, turning a thoughtful gaze on the exotically dressed woman. "She arrived about the same time as you did. I believe she came looking for work. A performer of some kind. She looks like a dancer with that outfit. I haven't had a chance to become introduced -- she was speaking to the barkeep earlier and I was occupied with aiding you."

She paused in her evaluation of Faythiel to look back at the large Roegadyn. "Why don't you ask her?"

A bald man stepped inside, grinning from ear to ear, his eyes glistening. At his side, a well dressed looking businessman, spectacles on his nose, beckoned for their third companion to walk in. The giant, eight feet tall and seven hundred pounds, looked malformed, his jaw gaping open and eyes unsettled. The bald man's chest was lined by knives, his belt the same, while the well dressed looking gentleman was armed with a saber at his waist. The giant held two large maces in his hands, though none looked especially excitable at the moment.

"Well Leader, think we can find anyone here?" the bald man asked, his teeth grinding against each other as he settled into a spot.

"After all the nonsense you put us through in Limsa Lominsa? Maestro, you'll be lucky if we're not thrown to the wolves here for you idiocy."

The bald man laughed, looking up. "Where's the service around here? You'd think with a big city like Ul'dah close by these people would want to keep their customers happy!"

The giant took a finger, running it inside his lips and sucking on it, looking for all the world like a deviant baby. "Goobbue hungry."

"Oh, biiiig surprise there," Maestro growled, passing an angry grin at the giant before looking once more about. "IS THERE A WAITER IN THE HOUSE!?"

"Oh, the way you were speaking to her earlier, I thought you knew her..."

Bear waved at Faythiel for a minute before getting her attention, and then he motioned for her to come to the groups table. He started speaking to the group, but kept his eyes on Faythiel as she walked over, "So, this is quite the gathering we've got here... Where is everyone staying the night? Tadir and Gavriel you both must be staying at an inn, correct? Is it this inn? How about yourself Tabrett?" Bear sat back in his chair as Faythiel approached.

Tadir tried to ignore the ruckus being made by the new customers, doing a double take upon seeing the size of the third, then turned back to his table.

"I'm staying upstairs. The accommodations aren't great, but the inn keeper knows his business. As for the Elezen," He gestured at her with his thumb, "No idea. She hasn't been working here for the past week. I'm not saying she doesn't, but if she does, she had the week off."

He glances back at her.

"I'm not complaining she's working, mind. She is a sight nicer looking than the normal innkeeper. Don't mind the bartender either."

The journalist cracked a mischievous smile, looked down at his pad, made a few notes and flipped to a new page.

Faythiel had bustled over to the table giving Bear a questioning look and a friendly smile which quickly faded at the mans shouting.

"You may seat yourselves...I'll get to you in a moment, ne?" She said in her odd accent, eying the three men wearily, then giving Blue a look, already thinking these 3 may cause issues.

Her silver eyes flitted back to the table she was standing near.

"What did you need?Refills?" she asked, looking to each individually.

He looked over his shoulder at the waitress. "Personally, I'd love a refill. Also, do you have fish patties? Cause that would be great," he mentions without much hope.

"By the way, I'm Tadir." Tadir smiles charmingly. "I didn't catch your name. Are you new?"

"Aveline made meat pies, so thats what we have...so no...no fish..." she said with a smile, humored that a man would as for fish in the middle of the desert.

She leaned in to take his glass to go refill it.

When she returned from behind the sat the glass down, with a nod. "And as for your your other question, my name is Faythiel...and I am not employed 'ere...I'm just helping out while the owner is ill..." She paused looking thoughtful "Initially I'd just come to rest, perhaps perform...which I already did...and maybe give the mercenaries 'ere a hand...but instead...I am the nonprofit waitress of the evening..."

She chuckled a little at her own luck.

"It is nice to meet you though, Tadir...and...friends..?" she looked to the others questioningly, hoping for their names.

As soon as the three newcomers entered, Gavriel knew there would be trouble. The the bald man looked very familiar. Gavriel suddenly stood, his icy glare locked on the man. Could this really be Maestro, the Killer Conductor? Without removing his leering eyes, Gavriel approached to an uncomfortable distance, one hand resting easily on the hilt of his blade.

"So. Who are you three?"

Suddenly, a rumbling was heard in the distance. It almost sounded like a thunderstorm was approaching, but the effect was much more sinister. The earth itself seemed to shutter. It must have been an explosion. Gavriel instinctively turned his head to the door, briefly letting his guard down.

Dramatic stage-cue to Shamad

Tadir nods. "Sure, I guess meat pies will work." He motions to the two sitting at his table.

"This is Bear and Tabrett. I was...DUNEFOLK!" Tadir shoots out of his chair, knocking it to the ground. He spins at hearing the chair fall and knocks his notepad to the floor. He bends, picks up the notepad, then rights his chair, sitting down with a sigh.

"Of course, the only Dunefolk I seen in a week and a half is passed out." He brightened up. "Still, there is one here, and he'll have to wake up eventually, right?" Tadir looks hopefully at the people around his table.