Al'Mian Oasis (Open)

Axl slumped in defeat and motioned to Aveline for a drink. "First my fight ends up in a draw and now this? I should have kept to Ul'Dah." Axl looked over at the elezen and grinned as images of what he thought "performance" meant ran into his head, watching attentively.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was difficult not to be amused, as well as slightly alarmed, as the once quiet bar was filled with a small gathering a new people. The hyuran that had tried to cozy up to the pink-haired Miqo'te had been particularly humorous to watch. That one might be trouble.

From the quiet of her corner table, Tabrett rose with a scrape of her chair over the flooring. With sure hands, she hefted her large weapon onto her back and once it was secured, she lifted her mug from the table top with a firm grip around the rim. She was light on her feet, moving with agile grace for the door. Lifting the glass, she called to her sister miqo'te behind the bar: "I will bring this back."

It seemed that most had abandoned the Roegadyn outside for the cooler tempature of the bar, but hadn't the man been injured? Her curiosity drew her to see, carrying her outside over the warm sands with her mug of strong, dark ale in her hand.

Faythiel responded to Blue with a sincere laugh.

"I am always in the spirit..." She pulled from her side a small set of bongo drums that were wrapped in a thick, dark brown leather to protect them from the sand, she sat them upon the bar as she unwrapped them.

"If I am to dance I'll need someone who can keep a steady beat for me on these. I cannot dance to nothing, ne?"

She smiled up to the Miqo'te tender. "Do you know how to play?"

She leaned on the bar, watching the woman fix drinks, her silver eyes watching her curiously.

"I'll take those out to the customers for you if you'd like, M'dear..can't have you trying to be everywhere at once.."

Axl snatched a glass from one of his fellow bar mates and chugged down the whole glass, to the victim's dissatisfaction. he lifted the glass to the elezen woman and shouted " 'Oy! Play us a Ishgardian mountain tune!" then wiping his mouth and lifting his sword up by the sheathe to encourage her.

The Lalafells walked back to their table and sat down. They watched as the Hyur they had just cured made an ass of himself. The red-eyed one regretted the Cure they had just cast. Well there was no way to take it back. Not easily at least. The blue-eyed one took a seat at the bar.

Axl eased back into his stool and made use of his great height to lean across the bar and pour himself more ale from the tap, taking it down in two big gulps. "Ye' wouldn't happen to have some roast aldghoat would ye'?" he inquired a bit more calmly and politely (as polite as he could be). He reached inside his pouch and pulled out a card bearing the image of an armored elezen slaying a large reptilian creature, and examined a note wrapped around it.

Aveline gave a friendly nod to the Miqo'te walking out of the bar with a mug and to the Elezen woman said delightedly, "Well aren't you sweet? Much appreciated! Now as for drums.. well I'm not much of a musician but I could certainly hold a simple beat for you."

She finished off the drinks she was making for a couple of patrons and set them in front of the Elezen and wiped her hands off on a bar towel. "What's your name, anyway?"

She smiled, taking up the tray of drinks. "I am called Faythiel, and yourself friend?" she asked as she hoisted up the tray on one hand easily, and moved to give Axl his drink, still listening for the response the Miqo'te may give.

"Here's your order...enjoy.." She said, sitting down the drink in front of Axl, she then moved to refill the glasses of water in front of the two Lallafel.

"I'll just need a slow steady beat...too much more excitement 'ere and I'm afraid the owner may have himself a bit of a break down." She joked, glancing over to the Miqo'te as she moved table to table, eventually bringing back an empty tray to sit on the counter.

She sipped her own glass of water once more, looking to the understudy barkeep, awaiting her readiness.

Axl sighed and turned around on his stool, focusing his attention on the Elezen, scratching his chin and yawning. He began boredly toying with the links in his armor, watching for the client he was supposed to meet with in the bar. "This reward better make up for the gil I lost in the blood ring." He muttered to himself, nodding to the Elezen and gulping down the new glass.

Aveline deftly mixed up a couple more drinks as she talked companionably with Faythiel. "I'm Aveline Blue. I usually go by my last name when I'm working, since it's easier for the uh less sober patrons to pronounce." She smirked and squeezed half a lemon over a glass. "Can you believe I thought just last week that I'd poured my last drink for anyone? Nymeia sure has a sense of humor, I guess."

She finished up the drinks and handed them over the bar to the couple waiting patiently, accepting their gil with delight. "Can't beat unexpected easy work though!" Aveline made sure her hands were free from any juice or alcohol residue and took up the drums. "Alright, Fayth, ready when you are, sister." She began to play a Miqo'te drum song as best she could remember, faltering a bit at first but gradually getting the hang of it.

Faythiel smiled to Blue, the turned to move to the opening where she was to dance, letting her hair down from the braid, shaking it loose as she walked, the light catching the golden strands in her silver hair that was now draped down over her shoulders.

She moved to the center of the clearing, taking in a deep breath, her eyes closing as she listened to the Miqo'te's beat, her hips began to pop side to side as the rhythm became steady.

She bought her hands upwards to the sky, then traced them down, her wrists rolling and her fingers moving in a wave as she visualized herself alone in the desert, a rare rain beginning to fall over she and the sand.

Her body became one with the rain as her hips moves in a fluid figure 8 motion. The drums beat hummed within her, as if it were her true heartbeat.

Faythiel opened her silver eyes, casting them over the bar, though it was still her imaginative eye that held her senses captive...

She still stood in the desert, and appearing before her was a shadow of a man, her heart pulled towards him, her hips following forward as she moved her abs in a rolling motion, a mischievous smile creeping over her features both in this false desert and where she stood in the bar...

She offered this shadowy gentleman a come hither stare, unknowingly casting that very look at Axl within the bar...for it was not he she saw...

The shadow lurked forward wantingly, and she danced back out of reach, her back turned to him, she took a few steps away, still canting her hips from side to side.

He vanished. Another man not wanting that which was not easily obtained.

Faythiel arched herself backwards as her back was still turned, looking upside down at the crowd in the bar..her now desert of solitude.

She made the same fluid motions with her arms as before...rain...she then moved her hands over her heart, looking a bit as if in despair, and with a roll of her abs pulled herself upright once more.

She faced her solitude, her eyes closing once more as she could almost feel the cooling desert breeze of evening.

Faythiel looked upward. Her mind's eye spying the crescent moon that was hanging in the sky...

She knew the Goddess Menphina smiled on her through it. She smiled back. Her hips moving in a motion that made her almost seem to vibrate in place, her hips still moving in a ticking figure 8.

"It is better to know Passion without Love, than to have Love without Passion."

She and her goddess seemed to say as one, Faythiel absently said this out loud, but softly.

Renewed she looked back to her desert, now finding an oasis, she moved her body and arms in an almost serpentine motion that seemed to propel her towards it.

Her gaze became predatory, nothing could stop her.

Rejection. Solitude. Pain. Hate.

All replaced with an aggressive passion for life...

She moved into her Oasis, and in the center, she dipped down, hair covering her face as she crouched down, submerged.

She found her inner peace once more...the song ended...She looked up to the crowd as her imaginary world faded from view, and she offered a simple polite smile to the bar, then stood, bowing lightly, the small bells on her earrings and belt jingling as she did so.

She carefully tucked her hair over her shoulder as she looked up a little to gauge her audience's response...

(Visual and sound reference if wanted:

)feature=channel

Aveline watched Faythriel with a smile of appreciation. She focused on the drums, changing tempo a few times when the dancer sped or slowed her pace, and found she actually enjoyed participating in setting the ambiance. She finished the music with a flourishing rap of of her hands as the dancer stopped, then led the people sitting at the bar in a round of applause.

"Fantastic!" she called out. Turning to the blue-eyed Lalafell at the bar she asked, "Hey can I get you and your friend anything else?"

Axl continued to observe Faythiel for a moment, pushing himself up to stand. Walking towards the lalafell and taking a seat. "You wouldn't have happened to see an old Elezen holding a pouch full of gil did you?" he inquired to the lalafell before him.

Faythiel took up the gil that had been tossed in her direction and moved to seat herself at the bar for a break in between performances, she swayed her legs to and fro, sipping from her drink.

"You play drums decidedly well for someone who claims not be a musician." she said with a smile to Blue, sitting down her drink, now re braiding her hair.

"You were saying something about having served drinks before...where did you work previously?" she asked, giving a curious look, she finished her braid, tying it off at the end, then grabbed the pitcher of water and walked over to refill the glasses of the Lallafel, looking over to Axl in passing.

"You need another drink, ne?" she asked seeing that he'd already chugged his down. "I'll get that for you then."

She offered, bustling over to the bar to allow Blue to fill another tray with drinks as she sat down the pitcher.

OK taking a bit of liberty here.. Aveline is in her early 20s and has grown up her whole life around Ul'dah, and knows the area fairly well, so I'm going to assume she knows where the nearest aetheryte is. Also based on the frequency of aetherytes around Limsa-Lominsa I think it's reasonable that there would be one within 3 miles of the camp in one direction or another. Hope that's ok!

Aveline smiled as Faythiel walked back to the bar and laughed a little. "I guess you can learn something new about yourself every day, right?" Her smile faltered a little as she answered the dancer's question. "I used to work at a place called the Staggering Centaur, down near Ul'dah's market wards. I had a um, falling out with the owner."

The blue-eyed Lalafell looked at the bartender. "Yes. First we would like a room. Then a meal. And finally, information. We're looking for an Aetheryte. We heard there is one near here." He tapped some gil on the table suggestively.

Aveline glanced around behind the bar before her eyes fell on a board tacked behind the counter with what looked to be room keys. She grabbed the one for Room 5 and placed it on the counter. "One room, you got it. That'll be 100 gil up front, with the rest payable whenever you check out. As for an aetheryte... I believe the nearest one is about 3 malms southeast of here. There's no camp around it though, so keep your eyes peeled or you may miss it entirely." She picked up an order pad and pen and looked up expectantly at him. "Now, what kind of grub can we get for you, and would you prefer it down here or sent up to your room?"

"Thank you miss." He said to Faythiel, he returned his attention to the lalafell "The coot told me that he would meet me with my reward here in the tavern... what a bother." he said with a sigh, fondling the hilt of his sword.

Doesn't really matter. It's going to be gone soon. I have plans for it

The blue-eyes Lalafell took the key and handed over the gil along with some for her. "We will have whatever meat dish you have available. We'll take it at the table my friend is at." He got up and talked into the other Lalafell's ear. They grabbed their packs and disappeared upstairs. When they came back, they had removed the over-robes. The red-eyed one was blond and the blue-eyed one had brown hair. They sat back down at the table.

Aveline happily pocketed the gil and turned in the order for two meat pies. She resumed her bartending duties and by the time the two Lalafell had returned their food was being placed at their table, steaming hot.

"Should someone maybe check on the actual bartender of this place?" She mused, wondering if there were any regulars in the crowd.

"I'll check on him.."She offered, looking thoughtfully towards the door he had exited through.

"I was wondering myself if he was well.." She said, heading back through the door to where the man had gone, stepping lightly in case he was asleep, though she still jingled a bit as she walked due to her jewely.

Axl had begun to get tipsy by then, and was sitting with his face in his arms, resting on the table letting out periodic hiccups, he got up and stumbled to the bar again "G-gimme some *hic* cactus fruit please." he asked drunkenly to Aveline.