Conventions!

I went to RTX about a week ago to advertise for the podcast I work with and I'm going to be at Dragon*Con this year doing much the same thing (as well as fanboying over Jim Butcher). So I figured it might be cool to see if anyone else is going to be hitting any conventions and possibly organize some meetups.

Feel free to threadjack for any other cons (SDCC, PAX etc) for similar purposes. But my initial mindset is - anyone else from the RPC going to be at Dragon*Con this year?

Not Dragon*Con, but I'll be at Metrocon in Florida at the end of this month. I also go to Megacon and Holiday Matsuri in Orlando when they come around, as well as whatever else I can make time for. (We have a ton of small to mid-sized anime/comic/gaming conventions year round.)

Oh joy~!

I was going to go to Dragon*Con. but i tend to stay local to my area and hit up the Gaming Cons and the Anime cons such as  

MAGFest-(music and game fest in Jan) (national harbor, MD)

Katsucon- (Anime/gaming /Japanese related con- Feb) (national harbor,MD)

Anime Mid Atlantic (Anime/gaming/japanese related con- June) (Chesapeake, VA)

I traded Dragon*Con for Oni-Con (Anime/game/ japanese related con-Oct) (Galva-something , TX)

Nekocon-(Anime/game con- Nov)(Hampton, VA)

I actually wore RSE Abai at AMA this year!! ANd plan to make a few other. Of course that mean I also need to Prod Xenedra, Alothia and Kass into doing something with me for NEKO as they also worse thier characters at AMA!

I live pretty close to Rural America so there aren't really any conventions to go to sadly. I also can't afford to go out of my way to attend all the conventions I want to attend so badly. :( I would love to attend Dragon*Con if I could though. All we have here is Ikasucon (which isn't really that great) and it just finished a few days ago.

I too am in middle-of-nowhere Midwest so um. Not really many cons here. I'm shy as hell too so I'd have to go with people. But ugh I'd love to cosplay some XIV nerdiness with you Abai if I could haha.

I actually wore RSE Abai at AMA this year!! ANd plan to make a few other. Of course that mean I also need to Prod Xenedra, Alothia and Kass into doing something with me for NEKO as they also worse thier characters at AMA!

I see how it is. Don't want my Warriorness.

In most cases I'll likely be at whatever Abai is at. If I can afford to go and/or have the time.

I'm a regular at MidSouthCon in Memphis, TN. It's an SF/gaming con that usually lands about 3000 people these days and is on its 32nd year. For the last two years, I ran the Vampire: the Masquerade LARP at it, though I think I'm going to pass on that this year (it's expensive and time-consuming, so I basically get to do that and nothing else at the con when I run it :( ).

But hey, if anyone's in town for it, let me know and we'll meet up. I love dragging people out to dinner or to impromptu, off-the-cuff runs of games. :)

EDIT: In terms of other cons, I've gone to GenCon a few times, though I'm not sure I'm too interested in that any more as video games have gotten more involved. Dragon*Con is something that, much like Comic-Con, I've been meaning to go to one of these days, but those days won't be this year. :)

I too am in middle-of-nowhere Midwest so um. Not really many cons here. I'm shy as hell too so I'd have to go with people. But ugh I'd love to cosplay some XIV nerdiness with you Abai if I could haha.

WE SO SHOULD!!! It would be a blast~!! Someday~!

I see how it is. Don't want my Warriorness.

In most cases I'll likely be at whatever Abai is at. If I can afford to go and/or have the time.

Wouldnt want to show you up~! I mean ♥--

I won't be at Dragon*Con this time around but considering that I'm moving next month, I'll be in position to go possibly next year.

I am however making plans to go with some friends to Megacon next time it swings around so....who knows, maybe we can get some RPC hanging out going there.

I went to RTX about a week ago to advertise for the podcast I work with and I'm going to be at Dragon*Con this year doing much the same thing (as well as fanboying over Jim Butcher).  So I figured it might be cool to see if anyone else is going to be hitting any conventions and possibly organize some meetups.

Feel free to threadjack for any other cons (SDCC, PAX etc) for similar purposes.  But my initial mindset is - anyone else from the RPC going to be at Dragon*Con this year?

You were at RTX? How was it? I was there but as a Guardian so I didn't really get to experience it the same way as anybody else.

I wish I could go to Dragon*Con but due to certain limitations, damn you money :frustrated:, I'm only ever able to go to conventions around Texas.

You were at RTX? How was it? I was there but as a Guardian so I didn't really get to experience it the same way as anybody else.

I wish I could go to Dragon*Con but due to certain limitations, damn you money :frustrated:, I'm only ever able to go to conventions around Texas.

It was a lot of fun, although a lot of work. As mentioned, we were primarily there to promote our podcast - we were the people handing out business cards with candy stapled to it :D I didn't do all that many panels, although I did get to check out the Voice Actor panel which was a blast. Earl Alexander entered the panel dressed as Louis from Left 4 Dead with someone on his back trying to eat him, causing the room to bust up laughing.

Beyond that I spent most of my time in the exhibition hall - got hands on with Assassin's Creed 4 which I'm stupid excited for so that was awesome. We also managed to place 2nd (out of 100 teams) in the Pub Quiz, incredibly proud of that one.

If any of you are going to Otakon, hit me up. I may be at the convention or I may not because I've also got a big larp event the next weekend, but I live 20 minutes away from the convention center so even if I'm not at the con we can still meet up.

Also, if you're a larper in the mid-atlantic area, come to Bellum Aeternus on August 15-18! It's Darkon's big festival, much like Dagorhir's Ragnarok event. It's going to be four days of hard fighting, lethal political role play, ren faire style shops and food, musicians, dancers, and basically a big party.