A debate on Stats

Nox

Edit: looking over those stat listing above, wouldnt it be feasible that i could opt for a good parry boost to a melee class by raising points in the stats that affect parry along with utilizing any gear buffs or what have u to do so?

In a way I guess looking at what stats would affect me defensively, ive always figured myself more the Evasive tank type then just sit there with a shield, i hate shields generally , and even back in something like FFXI i only made the exception to touch a shield that was one of the small 'buckler' types i think. But I wondered if it'd be possible to create a character in ARR that may be able to say have, a focus on HP and parry/evasive ability?

There isn't really a class that plays to the evasion tank role. And by trying to make one you'll end up gimping your strengths. DEX does not increase evasion. There is no stat to boost your evasion currently in the game. DEX only boosts your parry/block rate. However, DEX has been tested so far to give very minimum returns for this rate and seems to focus more on giving ranged damage, which has no effect for your tank.

You can opt for a parry build, if you like. Focus on armors whose secondary stat is Parry+ and then equip a buckler class shield with a high block rate. However, you've gotta remember that parry/block only mitigate a percentage of the damage taken, not everything. So you'll still be taking a ton of damage despite you putting everything into a parry build. This is less than optimal in a setting where you're main goals are survivability and hate generation. 

STR will increase your enmity generation and increase your block power. (This second half is about on par with DEX increasing rate. Focus STR for damage. The + block power is just a small bonus.) VIT will help increase your survivability. HP = Time. More HP, more time it takes for enemies to whittle you down and it gives more time for a CNJ to heal you. 

Was thinking 20 Dex / 5 Vit / 5 MND for Bard but I'm not sure if 5 is even worth investing in if the increase is so negligible.

So after playing Phase 4, Archer / Bard has lost all of it's healing utility. Their subs are now Pugilist and Lancer, meaning that Bard can now pack a punch and is back to the DD class that everyone wanted it to be in 1.0. So BRD is DD/some support function. So new stat recommendation are full 30 DEX. VIT has no benefit because your archer shouldn't be getting hit. MND does nothing because BRD no longer has access to healing spells.

I'd personally suggest -not- dividing your INT and MND as a Arcanist, for one simple reason;

Scholar gets access to Cleric Stance, making that split useless. If you -really- want to duo as a healer for another class, just pick up Conjurer > White Mage, and focus your points into INT as an Arcanist for Summoner.

If you want a sub-DPS as Scholar... you can just turn on Cleric Stance and DPS. If you really want the DPS flag as a Caster for Duty Finder, there's Black Mage. If you really want to hybrid your Arcanist, you're actually losing options, than gaining them. But, to each their own.

*shuffles feet* Kinda on topic, kinda off, but... any info on reassigning attribute points? I kinda forgot I was on a different class when I got the level 10 points and stuffed them into the wrong stat without thinking.

No real definitive word yet. But they have said that you will be able to reassign your stat allocations. However, it won't be easy and it won't be something that you can do back and forth every day. That's about the only hint they gave us. 

1.0 players may remember Keeper's Hymns, which were an item used to reallocate stat points. We got a max total of 7 of them. One for unlocking every job. These items carried over to 2.0. I and a few of my friends all confirmed that we still had them in our retainers and that their effect still remains. So it's possible that SE is implementing ways to obtain Keeper's Hymns in ARR for the purpose of stat reallocation. (Hopefully it will be implemented in a way that's not tied to the jobs so that we aren't permanently limited to a set number of Hymns.)