Follow me to Soliloquy where entertainment is always free~[open to ALL]

The sound of metal plates banging and scraping together instantly puts Inja on edge and she hunkers more protectively over her food, but forgets to actually eat it as her ears track the noise across the room. She lowers her voice so only those closest to her to those with the keenest hearing could hear, "D-don't look... Don't make it mad..."

She even pulls her tail around and pins part of it under her leg so its flailing doesn't draw attention.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She chuckles and waves her hand dismissively. "Ha, Ah have studied enough people to pick up a few hints here and there." She nods and cast a smile. "Part of being a bartender is being able to read me patrons. If Ah don't...It could be bad ye know..." She shrugs and looks to the door as a series of clanking and clattering she was rather familiar..or...more like accustom to had filled the tavern. Emerald hues gaze in the direction of the walking red wall that hovered no more than an extra head over her.

'Welcome to Soliliquy!" She spoke in her usual chipper manner though noticed that a few of the others seem a bit taken back not just by the noise but perhaps the appearance too. Inja especially. Poor lass. She met his almost cold icy gaze with her own warm and welcoming green hues.  Aside from the layers ofgrime and dirt that coated him he seemed no worse for wear then the others.

A small chuckle graced the highlander lasses lips as she heard the keepers remark. "Oh aren't ye cute." She chuckled again ruffling the lasses hair as she shrugs to the others and does as she does best , but not before collecting a glass of water.

Her bare feet pad over the floor as she makes her way to the newest arrival. Leaning down she placed the cool glass of water before him. Her usual smile painted over her features. "Welcome Ser." She spoke and glanced over him once more. "Ah a fellow gladiator...though...Ah admit Ah don't think me armor is as well worn as yers. " She spoke not meaning to insult but more to start any sort of conversation. Of course she anticipated that she had opened the door for a bit of a laugh and question on her part. Most did when she mentioned she took up sword and shield and yet had time to play fairy princess and dance about. Even if the later was her preferred choice, entertaining was always her first passion. Though those that seen her in her armor...well.. .most didn't even believe she was a lass!!

"Can Ah fetch ye something a bit stronger then water?"

"Oh, me? I'm from..." The woman pointed vaguely east (Obviously not a mariner!). "Southwest of here. Came from overseas."

She fidgeted nervously, placing her hands in her lap. Clearly she was shy and wasn't used to being the focus of conversations, even those with a bartender whose attention was drawn in twelve different directions at once. "I'm on my way to Gridania."

Icy blue orbs reflexively move to the glass of water as it is placed onto the table. The large man simply watches the glass with an absent stare as Abaigeal speaks to him, seemingly in his own world. His lips move as she comments on his armor, speaking just above a whisper, "That is probably for the best." The armored Gladiator never looks to the dancing girl until she asks if he wants something stronger than water. He blinks his eyes a few times as if suddenly waking from a dream. The orbs quickly become more alert and dart to the tall woman. The massive figure starts at bare feet, his gaze inching up slowly until he finally looks directly into Abaigeal's eyes. "Would you mind doing me a service first? Take a drink for me?" An armored hand snatches up the glass and offering it to the friendly woman.

She nodded to the golden haired lass with a hint of a giggle on her lips as she noted the cardinal direction mix up. Not that Abaigeal was any better, she too was rather...directionally challenged. "Oh! Really Ah came from overseas too!! More North west, but regardless! Glad to know Ah'm not the only foreigner!" She smiled and nodded.

"Oh Gridania!? Ah have a few friends that live off that way! Quite nice. Very green opposed to the blue ye see here or the yellow brown of Ul'Dah. She didn't push too much but her tendencies reminder her a bit of another shy friend of hers. One of which she noticed was still trying to make herself small.

Stranger characters have come and gone in this tavern none though that came off as rather...not skittish...maybe not paranoid. Leary. Yes perhaps it was Leary. She stands before him just barely able to hear his voice. She furrowed a brow  as if letting the words connect to her brain when she notices his eyes break from the glass and to her. She chewed the inside of her cheek momentarily as she could feel his gaze start from her toes in which she intentionally wiggled up her dancing skirts past her torso and shoulders finally landing on her face. His piercing blue hues she felt were staring at her as if they could penetrate to her thoughts though her gaze never broke. "Aye...Ah can Ser..." She speaks with a curious tone but nonetheless takes the glass from his hand though now it was a bit wet from water sloshing over the edge.

holding the glass up as if to salute him she press her lips to the edge of the rim ad take not just a small sip but a clear mouthful and swallows. "Tis only water..." She shrugs. Normally she would muse and jest about she could make it turn to wine. Though, something nagged her to bite her tongue. There was something off about this one...and yet she was intrigued.

"Care for it back?" She questioned proffering it once more with a smile. 

"Or would ye care for something along the lines of Rum or Ale? Yer from Ul'dah Aye? Ah think Ah have a few wines or liquors that have been imported from there." She offered as well, her demeanor still as warm as the welcome she called out upon arrival.

Stupid space bar I think is going...awesome~ Sorry if some words are crammed I tried to fix them in my sleepy state~

Careful attention is given to Abaigeal as she takes a sip of water. The large man seems to relax slightly, reaching out to take the glass when she offers it back to him. He wastes no time, immediately pressing the glass to his lips and gulping down the cool liquid as if he will never get the opportunity to do so again. In a matter of seconds the glass is drained and hammered onto the table loudly when the man's hand comes crashing down, giving a satisfied nod. His eyes never leave hers, his gaze piercing and seeming to be constantly searching for something. He speaks again, this time his tone strengthened by a refreshing drink, and his baritone voice booms forth unrestrained.

"Each and every word we speak has meaning. Everything that leaves your lips, no matter how insignificant you may believe it to be, defines who you are. You come to me and greet me as a fellow Gladiator, yet you lack something that a true Gladiator possesses. You think me strange. And rightfully so, for you are a creature of the coast. You are not fit for the desert. I will give you enough credit to say that this is by choice rather than ineptitude."

The patron rises to his feet as fluidly as plate armor will allow, still holding the tall woman's gaze. He stands to his full height and looks down to her, forcing her to look up if she wishes to continue looking into his eyes. "There are so few of us. How is it that I find you in the most unlikely of places? Who are you? Why are you here?" His commanding tone carries a strong hint of curiosity, his gaze constantly searching for an answer as if it cannot be spoken.

A small smile sprawled over her lips as he accepted theproffered glass. She had opened her mouth to caution at drinking too fast but that had seemed to be a bit pointless. The empty glass getting slammed down on the table caused her to break her gaze for the briefest of moments as if she expected the glass to have shattered. Then again she had seen a Roe toss one clear across the room and yet it still managed to survive...yet it did shatter after. Funny that.

"Bring ye a-"Again she found herself cutting short as he spoke up and pointed out the picture he seemed to have painted her in his mind. She agreed that most of what he said was true if not at the more harsh and brash way of stating it. She could only nod comprehensively. "Aye. Each word we do speak has meaning. Hence why it's always best to speak what ye mean and be it true." Her emerald orbs return to being set upon him. "Ah do not deny that most of what you have said holds a basic truth to them. However, ye are wrong on a few counts. Not everything is as is clearly black and white as ye state there are areas of grey. But yet ye acknowledge the choices ah have made are mine and mine alone..." She shrugged.

Even as the patron rose to his feet and returned to histowering height she remained eye contact following his icy hued gaze even as she had to crane her head up and peer to him through thick lashes. Usually she was ready for anything. She was however not ready for his machine-gun line of questioning. "Few of us?  Find me? Who..?" She blinked a moment trying to figure out exactly what he meant and specifically why he phrased his questions as such. She quirked a brow  as her features still remained soft. She hadn't laughed at him just merely the questions he ask.

Her tone jovial as she shook her head with a few remaining chortles just before she turned her gaze back up." Suddenly Ah fear ye aren't referring to a gladiator being in marauder homeland. And even if ye were Ah'd still reply it's merely me choice. Ah stay and reside in the place Ah like best." She chuckled once more but wove her hand dismissively. "But Ah suppose by yer choice phrasing and the only other thing that we could have in common for ye to use "us" is well..."She broke her gaze only to turn and examine herself before him and the others.

"Must be me freakishly tall height and the fact that Ah'm half midlander and half highlander, me Ma was Sabine Rainer of the nomadic tribe that eventually went to sea in search of new territory ..." She shrugged."As for there being so few of us Ah fear ye may have been in the desert too long Lovie, there are more of us then ye may think." She nodded and rocked from the balls of her feet to her heels. "All Aside, Abaigeal...Abaigeal Causland at yer service Ser. Though, most just call me Abai. As for why Ah'm here...Destiny? A change of pace! Me job? Curiosity of me Ma's homeland? A combination of all things. Again though All of these things me own choice." She added with a rather sage nod.

"Unless of course ye mean something entirely different then Ah'll have to ask ye to elaborate just what ye mean....and hope that Ah get over the sudden bout of embarrassment." She giggled a bit musically bringing a hand to her lips briefly before letting it fall to her side. Her emerald hues still continue to gaze up with their usual kind nature twinkling about them.

"Forgive my musings. My questions are largely unimportant. You are clearly very happy here and that is the only answer that truly matters." The large man's eyes grow less intense and more curious as Abaigeal holds her carefree composure through all of the banter.

"I do not see things in black and white. There are, however, only two possible outcomes. You are either completely correct or you are not. A man is in a tree and tells his two friends down below that he is getting ready to jump. The first friend looks to the second, claiming that the man in the tree will surely land on his feet. The second friend disagrees, arguing that the height is too great and the man will fall into his back into a pile of leaves down below. Finally, the man jumps from the tree. He does indeed land on his feet but finds that the fall was too great. Unable to hold his footing, the man then tumbles backward and falls onto his back on the pile of leaves located conveniently behind him. So which friend was right? They both were from a certain point of view. And yet from another point of view they were both incorrect. Ours is not to judge whether or not what we say is completely without fault. The best that we can do is speak as truly as we know how and hope that our view holds as much water as possible. After all, the desert is a treacherous place, especially when you have nothing to drink."

The armored man watches the woman's reactions closely and gives them careful consideration. He nods his head slowly as he listens to her reasoning. "Too few. What good are ten thousand men if you need ten times that? I have given you no frame of reference, and for that the fault lies with me. You need not be burdened by such things so I will spare you. I also offer my apology. I look for something inside of you that you simply do not need. The world is better for the fact that you do not." His gaze remains locked on her green eyes but it is clearly softened. He eases himself back into his seat with great care, regarding her for a moment longer before speaking.

"I will take the twelfth item on your menu. In addition, I will take whatever you feel is appropriate if you are so inclined." He allows himself the slightest of smiles, nodding his head just a touch as he does so. "You have been the highlight of my day, Abaigeal. Thank you for not being what I expected to find. I would have words with you another time when you are not on duty if it please you. Perhaps we could establish a camaraderie."

"Aah~!" She helda finger up to him and gave a TSK. "Oh no ye don't!!!" Her tone rose in a playful pitch as she started to chide him. "Ye yerself have just said that we all say something for a reason and it has meaning. So don't go telling me now that yer recanting and that it's unimportant." She smirked and winked placing her hands on her hips with a nod.

His explanation while valid cause her to shake her head."See, everyone likes to think that. As per yer example though, Ah would simply like to point out, Ser, that there is indeed a third point of view. The man did not land on his feet. He landed on his toes first before he lands on his entire foot. Ah don't know if ye have ever jumped yerself and landed but generally ones toes or balls of their feet touch first." She shrugged offering up her perspective. "In that sense...then both were wrong. In accordance to order of events!" She mused for a moment. 'But ye are correct that both were right of the events...just maybe not the timing~"

She waved her hand dismissively agian."Aye, ye gave me no frame. Yet still Ah'm willing to share. Ah have no secrets, well of me own that is." She nodded politely  as he lowered himself back tohis chair.

'Larkscall Syrah. The twelth. " She nodded as he regarded her once more. "Ah'll put ye for a Chuck and Cluck. Fortifying and filling, should have enough protein to keep a man such as yerself going while carrying the weight of that armor as well. " She smiled once more as she went to turn only to pause her cheeks colored slightly at the compliment as that was not one she had heard before. "Y-yer welcome...Ah'm...Ah'm glad Ah could be of service Ser. And Of course. Ah wouldn' mind a bit conversation. Me ear is always about." She nodded once more heading  to the kitchen to put his order in.

"Clever girl. But I did say that my questions were largely unimportant, not completely unimportant. And I doubt that you would be satisfied with my answer once you heard it." His eyes leave hers for a moment when he notices Abaigeal putting her hands on her hips. "Ah, taking an authoritative stance. Nice touch."

A bemused look crosses the man's face as Abaigeal proceeds to give her version of the story. Your explanation changes nothing. The simple fact of the matter is that you are either completely right or you are not. Even in your own examples, the men are not totally correct. Even if they were completely wrong it would be the very same. Completely wrong is not completely correct. My point stands."

He gives a satisfied nod as she heads on back to the kitchen. "Much friendlier than I had expected."

The shy Hyur woman listened to the bartender's description of Gridania with almost rapt attention. She seemed a little disappointed when the description was finished (before it really began, even) and frowned slightly. 

She sat in quiet thought while the bartender bantered with the large man. She shied away from the man, never fully looking at him. She waited until the bartender reemerged from the back room before half raising a hand to get the woman's attention.

"Could...I mean, do you think you could tell me a little more about Gridania?" The woman asked, pausing for a moment before continuing. "I'm pretty nervous and don't know what to expect when I get there."

She returned from the kitchen with the ever so populargrowing "Chuck and Cluck"  pairing it with a Larkscalls Wine on a tray todeliver. She smiled warmly as the Emerald and golden eyed lass sheepishly raised her hand. Abaigeal nodded to her with a ghost of a chuckle. "Aye~! Be me pleasure!!" She nodded again only to look to her arms holding the tray. "Er...Give me just a moment to take this to the Lad and Ah'll be right with ye!" She apologetically smiled.

"The twelve drink on the menu andthe meal Ah felt most fitting." She nodded. Placing it to the Highlander male. " Ye need anything else just give me a holler aye?" She nodded and turned to step away.

'So...Gridaniaaye?" She spoke out loud turning her attention to the golden haired lass with a smile. Instead of slipping behind the bar she simply slipped into the stool beside her propping her hand on her elbow. "Well one thing it's one of teh most beautiful places Ah've seen. It home to some of the best conjures and archers Ah have ever seen. Ah believe they have Lancers there too." She added as if she forgot. But shook her head.

"Thereis green everywhere. The trees rustle softly in the breeze, iffin yer under the canopy the sin lightly streams down and cast everything in a bright glow. The people there are friendly enough. Ah've never had a problem. Mother Miounne Ah believe is the proprietor of the adventures guild there. Ye can find her in the Caroline Canopy. " She paused in thought only to tilt her head. "Ye know...iffin' there was something ye wantedto know specifically..." She trailed off leaving it an openened question.

A fairly tall lalafell entered the bar. Out of the many patrons and taken seats, he managed to find an empty one at the bar. On his way there, he looked around the room. He had never really went to any of the taverns in Limsa, even though he had lived there all his life. The only one he ever visited had been The Drowning Wench. He tried to steer clear of alcohol, and as he sat down and picked up a menu, he immediately sighed.

"So much alcohol..." he muttered to himself as he pulled spectacles from his robe. Placing the spectacles on his face, he mockingly continued, "Well it is a tavern you twit."

He sat for a moment, thinking and taking in his surroundings. The tavern was beautiful. Honestly, he regretted never having stepped inside! His eyes wandered down to an enormous highlander that was covered in metal plates. The lalafell stared until the highlander glanced up, stealing eye contact for a second; only a second, because as soon as it happened, the lalafell was spinning in his seat back towards the bar. He overheard the banter of two hyur women speaking of Gridania as he scanned the menu more.

"A salad sounds kind of good..." he muttered quietly to himself.

"Actually, Abaigeal, there is something that you can do for me before you go." The large man looks down to the wine and plate of food, then returns his attention to the tall woman. "If the cuisine is good then I suspect the task will be enjoyable enough." He moves his gaze toward the girl who is interested in Gridania, measuring her silently.

"Hmm?"The highlander lass stopped in her tracks turning on heel to look to the patron. "Aye?" She blinked curiously as he looked to his wine and food. It didn't take a genius to figure it out. Especially with his water earlier. She looked to him with a hint of a special look but a playful grin upon her lips. "Oh.. Need me to ensure that it is only wine..." her tone not mocking but there was a jolliness to it.

Her gaze looked from the lass asshe suddenly became aware of the patron that had slipped passed her usual attentive eye. She turned in the stool to face him and grin. "Welcome~! Ah must be a terribly rude proprietress!" She mused at herself before  nodding.

"Iffin'ye like a salad, may Ah suggest the Zesiro." She proffered a warm and inviting smile.

"Oh, no worries. I tend to be overlooked," he said rather depressingly. Thankfully, a smile returned to his face as he continued, "The Zesiro... hmmm... That actually sounds pretty good. With a glass of water please. If you wouldn't mind."

The lalafell set the menu back down on the bar, and pulled off his spectacles.

Placing them back in his robe, he asked, "So what's the stage for? And please forgive my asking. I've lived in Limsa my entire life, yet I've only stepped into this tavern once. Flamel Eldgamel, by the way," he introduced with an outstretched hand.

"Aye! Ah would be more than happyto fetch ye that!" She grinned hopping down from the bar stool...er...stood up with a hop in her step. "Zesiro tends to be a favorite around here!" She mused holding up a finger. 'Be just a moment Lovie!" She spoke slipping into the back.

She would return a few moments later with fresh plate ofgreens and glass of water expertly balanced upon her wrist. With a fluid and graceful movement she placed the water and the salad before the lalafella without so much as the tray teetering until she withdrew it herself.

"Hrmm? Oh!! The stage!! Were a performancetavern of sorts!! All kinds of talented folk come here to perform and share their gifts with ye folks for the occasion Gil or even the chance at being remembered. Everything from yer poets, to yer story tellers, play writes, singers...dancers like me self...We even have a lad that shoots arrows at apple on heads!" She beamed and spoke rather cheerfully. "Pleasure ! Me name's Abaigeal. Abaigeal Causland though most just call me Abai!" She smiled again with a nod.

"Very nice to meet you. This sounds like a fun place," Flamel smiled. He took an envelope out of his robe and looked at it, "I've been known to write poetry from time to time." He quickly and nervously placed the envelope back in his robe. Turning his attention to the salad, his smile grew wide at the inevitable deliciousness. He took a bite, being sure to chew with his mouth closed. When finished, he took a drink of water, "That is quite good. It would probably be excellent with a bit of mead." Out the side of his mouth and mostly to himself, he muttered, "Everything always is..."

With a smile, he looked back at Abai. "I take it you perform here? A dancer I assume? You seem too graceful to just be a barkeep."

'Oh Aye it is!! Even better when we playa few games!" She grinned and watched him carefully as he extracted a paper parchment from his robes. "Poetry ye say?!! Well iffin' ye ever want to share we have a stage that can accommodate ye." She beamed .

"Oh yer in luck!" She gestured to the taps a have a Hawthorne Hut Honey Mead if ye want it!"[/b][/color] She smirked and wiggled her fingers toward the tap as if it would entice the lalafella. (Yes fella.)

Nodding her head side to side as if it really weren't a bigdeal she sheepishly shrugged. "Aye, Ah do in fact dance. Quite a few various styles. Ah dance with swords the most. There is something about dancing with weaponry that adds a mystified charm...at lest that is what Ah have been told." She shrugged and chuckle.

"...What type of poetry do yewrite if Ah may inquire?"

Flamel laughed, but held up his hands as if to bat the offers aside, "I appreciate the offer. But if I can't even let the person that the poetry is written for read it, then I doubt I'll be able to read it to a crowd." He patted his robe where the envelope was, "That essentially gives away the type of poetry it is as well," he said sheepishly, growing red in the cheeks. "And I've been trying to steer clear of the drink. It's temptation is one I choose to deny. It makes me..." He paused for a moment as he tried to think of the right words to use, waving his hands around as if conjuring them in the air, "Not...intelligent," he decided, before taking another bite of his salad.

"I'm a lightweight too," he admitted as Abai pointed once more to the tap. This time, he followed her finger to the harbinger of honey goodness. Without realizing it, he had licked his lips. "You're a great barkeep, that's for sure," he sighed, defeated, "I'll have a glass. But please! If I ask for another I implore you to deny me!" He laughed cheerfully as he placed a few gil on the bar; enough for the salad, and glass of mead.

She chuckled and quirked a brow. "Ah see! A man of romanticism and brimming to the gills with emotion. Ah pray ye take a step and hand it to the Lass. You'll never to if its unrequited or not unless ye jump in head first?" She smiled with a hint of a shrug.

"OH!! What do ye know. Me too! Ahcan't tell ye it doesn't take much. Ah stick to me sour reds!" She piped up and grinned as she indeed seemed to entice him."Fair enough. Ah can do that. Ah may be a good barkeep but Ah am certainly not a cruel one!" She chuckled pulling a mug loose and filling it with the amber colored liquid. "So what brings ye to Limsa?" She questioned setting the mug before him and leaning on the bar top.

Flamel blushed awkwardly as Abai told him to take initiative with his letter. He twiddled his thumbs momentarily as she filled up a mug with mead, setting it down in front of him.

Flamel took a drink of the mead, holding the large mug happily in both hands. He immediately felt the delicious blend of honey and other ingredients stir his taste buds. It was incredibly refreshing, and before he realized, his simple drink had turned into a few gulps. He set the mug back down on the bar.

"I'm actually Limsan, born and raised," he smiled, "I work for my father. Basically," he paused for a second as he brought a fist up to his mouth and released a quiet burp, "I oversee the Limsan side of his business. You might have seen me walking around the docks before, or maybe not. Like I said before, I tend to be easy to overlook. My father exports various goods from the southern isles. I make sure they get taken care of when they arrive in Limsa. Nothing illegal mind you. Our cargo is mostly vegetables. He was originally from the isles, so after awhile, the family decided to move back."

He took another small drink, "He didn't have anything against Eorzea, he just wanted to return home. He actually offered to take me, seeing as I was born here, and hadn't been home before. But," he said simply, taking another drink, "Limsa is my home. 'Til sea swallows all," he quoted, raising his mug before taking the final drink of mead.