Endgame discussion

I'm hoping for a challenge come endgame. I really don't want another TOR where they pretty much threw one raid at you (That was glitched) and expected you to do Heroics ALL THE TIME FOREVER.

TOR you were so disappointing.

I like what I'm hearing so far. I assume 8-man dungeons will be like old 10-man dungeons in WoW (Karazhan I'll love you forever) and I love the fact they have those on top of Primals, so you can do primals on days where your guild can't be on long and then the 8-mans when they can.

As for the 24-man raids, my guild is watching those closely. We did 25-mans in WoW and had a lot of fun, WoW has some of the best raids period. Especially during the Burning Crusade, Wrath of the Lich King era where we did most of our raiding. I like the idea of the Crystal Tower, where they can just add levels as they go, but I hope they don't only focus on updating the Crystal tower.

One thing Yoshi said has been churning in my brain is that the 24-man raids are long and will have to have save points. I don't know if this means it'll be like WoW where it saves your progress for a week then resets, or if they will be literal save points but how cool would have be if it was the latter. Wouldn't need to have your guild RUSH RUSH RUSH TO THE END BEFORE IT RESETS HURRY all the time.

I'm hoping for a challenge come endgame. I really don't want another TOR where they pretty much threw one raid at you (That was glitched) and expected you to do Heroics ALL THE TIME FOREVER.

TOR you were so disappointing.

Got to agree with this, was max level after about a week or so, few days less perhaps, and had done pretty much every raid on HC by the end of the second week.

So yea, endgame content is important to me in any mmo even if i do enjoy rping on the side both are important so i do hope for a challenge rather than a cake walk.

-Xeon

One thing Yoshi said has been churning in my brain is that the 24-man raids are long and will have to have save points. I don't know if this means it'll be like WoW where it saves your progress for a week then resets, or if they will be literal save points but how cool would have be if it was the latter. Wouldn't need to have your guild RUSH RUSH RUSH TO THE END BEFORE IT RESETS HURRY all the time.

Assuming SE hasn't fallen and damaged it's brain again like it did for FFXIV 1.0, they HAVE done this sort of thing before.

In FFXI, for Nyzul Isle, you could save your progress every so many floors (Can't remember how many) so that you could pick up where you left off. This progress was saved to the disc of the person who took the party in, and it retained that progress until you cleared floor 100, at which point progress was wiped.

As time went on, and other content was added and Nyzul moved to farm status, those restrictions were removed. Every eligible party member would have their discs updated, and the progress would not be wiped upon completion, allowing you to access whichever floor blocks you wanted in the future.

I suspect it will work like that. Harder at first, starting over each time you clear, then later on you keep your progress forever.

^ Ugh I love that idea. Though I can see it getting annoying for the "disc holder" and they just wanting to reset their dungeons. haha. Still, love it. I hope that's what goes down.

The way the team is talking up endgame I have high hopes for it. When I played TOR there was barely any talk of endgame, they just kinda pretended that level 50 didn't exist and wanted everyone to roll alts.

It sounds like there's a pretty satisfying amount of end game content set for release and beyond. Here's to hoping the mechanics and gameplay keep up with that.

I admit coming from a raid leading and currently still raiding standpoint. I'm eager to see what happens, I'm also hoping that idea that was mentioned from FF11 is implemented. That's about the best feature I've heard as a raider to be honest. It gives so much more progression time on specific encounters that may be needed. When I found out it would be 24 man raiding, I kinda was like mmm... but we do 20 mans all the time now, and its not like 4 more is a biggie. I think the core seller is the fact, you CAN in mid raid change your class as needed so you can really tailor yourself for what a raid needs during each encounter.