Making Connections

About 8 Years Ago: As a teenager, Garryson joined a crew of pirates that fronted as a traveling circus. He performed in different acts for the circus which held shows in all major city-states and other places in between. He would have met a lot of people who came to the shows.

About 5 Years Ago: Shortly before the Calamity, Garryson lost his crew and found himself alone. After Bahamut's destruction, he found himself traveling with a Highlander man. In order to teach him life lessons, the man would run up huge debts then leave Garryson to work them off. During that time he worked all sorts of odd jobs, from cleaning toilets to nannying children.

Present: Having inherited a secret stash of treasure from his late Captain, Garryson started up a company called "XI:7." They have established themselves in Limsa Lominsa and have began buying up small businesses and shops. Though they do not claim credit for it, graffiti of their company logo has popped up on buildings throughout the city. Aside from their financial side, lately they have been in a street war with local pirates and criminals. They return most illegitimate goods to the city-state, but keep a share for themselves as a payment for their services.

These are all possible reasons to recognize Garryson as he wanders around. Though, recognized or not, don't be surprised if Garryson walks up to your character and offers a job. His need of more employees is also a way for him to meet new people and force them to talk to him. :D

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome thread! I'm totally interested in making loose connections to build relationships off of and stuff!

Eve is a mercenary mender that hangs out around Ul'dah. She never coordinates her own groups though, she sort of scavenges off pre-formed companies with the whole "Hey, give me 10% of whatever you find and I'll make sure you get out of there in one piece." angle.

So! If your character is a bounty hunter or a treasure hunter or anything like that, then we could possibly say that Eve and your character did a job together some time

Also, Anselm Greyrider is a sleezy pirate so ladies feel free to slap him if you see him. :)

During adolescence, Koyu was shunned from his Miqo'te Tribe, due to his supreme inability to accomplish anything. In Tribal society, to acquire passage to manhood he had to pass his Hunt. Unfortunately, Koyu has Narcolepsy, and kept falling asleep at the worst of times. So they attempted to make him be somewhat useful and cast him to the land, not allowing him to come back until he procured something of value. To this day, he has yet to accomplish it, and instead abandoned his roots and slunk into the urban life. He's a bit of a street rat now, yet never going down to the level of thievery. In short (Too late) Koyu has traveled from city state to city state, passing out on nearby trees along the roads, or the comfiest rock within the vicinity. Currently his residence is in Gridania!

You may know him from:

-That guy sleeping in the most odd places.

-Reject of the 'C' Miqo'te Tribe

-Constantly tired and drowsy looking Miqo'te.

-Any of the city states, but he's stayed in Gridania for the longest.

Less than 24 hours till beta, might as well give this a shot! I'm probably going to be on the Balmung server.

Sehn is a traveling hunter and adventurer. She has spent most of her nineteen years with her family (consisting of her mother, father, and young brother), but has recently been going off on her own more and more. She mainly travels the roads, looking for new monsters to punch.

Ideas for things!

• A brawling teacher! Sehn's mother taught her to hunt and fend for herself, but I'd like it if there was someone who taught her the art of punching things in the face. This could be someone she met on her travels while she was younger, or someone she ran into more recently. If not a teacher, Sehn would definitely love a sparring buddy.
  • Other Keepers! Sehn's family has traveled all over, and it's pretty likely they ran into other groups of Keepers, maybe even traveling with them for a while. Alternatively, maybe Sehn's extended family traveled with her too. I have mother, father, and siblings down, but I am all for adding cousins, aunts, uncles, etc. Seekers would be welcome too, but Sehn has probably had less contact with them for obvious reasons.
  • Just plain ol' buddies! If you have a character who would get on well with a friendly, boisterous catgirl who wants to punch all the things, give me a poke! Sehn is pretty flexible as far as location goes, so she's likely to have met all sorts on her travels.

So uh, yeah! Let me know if you're interested, I guess!

• A brawling teacher! Sehn's mother taught her to hunt and fend for herself, but I'd like it if there was someone who taught her the art of punching things in the face. This could be someone she met on her travels while she was younger, or someone she ran into more recently. If not a teacher, Sehn would definitely love a sparring buddy.

If it was while she was younger, she could have met Lren while he was still a Mercenary and he likely would have shown her a few things before moving on to his next assignment. This would also be before his little shift in... Mood, I guess? Sparring buddy would also be a likely thing as at all times he would challenge random people to spar!

If it was while she was younger, she could have met Lren while he was still a Mercenary and he likely would have shown her a few things before moving on to his next assignment. This would also be before his little shift in... Mood, I guess? Sparring buddy would also be a likely thing as at all times he would challenge random people to spar!

Sounds good! Sehn's always enjoyed roughhousing, even when she was little, so she could easily have found Lren at some point and demanded he do stuff with her. Also, she will probably call him "grumpypants." That's how Sehn rolls. :)

Sounds good! Sehn's always enjoyed roughhousing, even when she was little, so she could easily have found Lren at some point and demanded he do stuff with her. Also, she will probably call him "grumpypants." That's how Sehn rolls. :)

Alrighty! XDD Should be interesting to see how the two would react to more recent events then! Considering "Grumpypants" might be a more... Apt description on certain days xD

• 2 months later...

*casts raise*

I really dislike starting new threads so I thought I would just revive my old one since it is relevant to what I would like to speak about. 

I want to start a new character (likely a Miqo'te since I can't seem to get the look right with an Elezen or Hyur). I am looking to go with an effeminate male who is obsessed with beauty; think Zhang He from Dynasty Warriors. He will be a villain, as I think this would be a better fit for him, and I would like him to have a sister who would also be slightly off her rocker as well. It would be fun preforming villiany as a family :3!

Down the road I would like him to become obsessed with The Void and also end up worshiping Cloud of Darkness, given that she/it will appear in lore and not just as a dungeon boss. 

I am currently considering him getting involved in a plot with one of the LS' I have been speaking to, so we could start with the collective manically laughter right away :D. Even though he will be a villain, I dont want to log on him just to do villain stuff, but I also want him to have his own story, background, friends, rivals, etc. To explore that type of character and experience his trials and tribulations with him. If this sounds like something you would like to get involved in then just send me a message and we can see if we can work something out ^^.

Yloise a transplanted Goldsmith moved into Ul'dah, is always looking for new clients to craft for. Or perhaps you just need a little help navigating the best buys in the market there? Her name is known, but not famous. It doesn't take much to send her a moogle mail or catch her walking the streets looking for new deals on stones or ore.

((She will eventually become a villain too, but I do not have a timeline for that. If you want to get involved, she can become your nemesis too.))

Oh, I love this idea!

C'kayah loves to travel, and supports his habit by acting as a "message bearer". And when I say "message bearer", I really mean "smuggler". Small items only. Definitely not "thief" - at least, those accusations never stuck.

Despite coming from a small community within the Coeurl tribe, he's now about as urbanized a Miqo'te as you could meet.

Yloise, perhaps C'kayah has brought you hard to find things, or perhaps he's bought things from you for others.

I wish I had noticed this thread when it was started! As I play a character with a fair amount of surviving family, it would be interesting to discover if anyone would be willing to link our toons together via blood.  

I play a nineteen year old Midlander Hyur born and bred in La Noscea ^_^

My mother and aunt are both living as is my cousin who I've always alluded to being a female slightly older than me, but I'm not attached to either notion. I do, however, like to think myself and this 'cousin' are fairly close. 

Will check back often! 

Also this. :moogle:

• 2 months later...

I have been tossing an idea around in my head for a few days now. I have always wanted to make a Shantotto-type character and I thought it would be fun if we could double the trouble and make twins (doesn't have to be same sex) who would finish each other's rhymes. Example:

Character 1: "I say, these drunkards in the desert are quite a disgrace."

Character 2: "Yes, these hooligans in Ul'dah think that they own the place."

They don't always have to finish each other's rhymes, but I just thought it would be fun if they did sometimes :D.

I have been tossing an idea around in my head for a few days now. I have always wanted to make a Shantotto-type character and I thought it would be fun if we could double the trouble and make twins (doesn't have to be same sex) who would finish each other's rhymes. Example:

They don't always have to finish each other's rhymes, but I just thought it would be fun if they did sometimes :D.

Be careful with this.  I know someone that used to do it all the time in another game with another player and it got old very quickly.  They used to do it for every statement though... I'd say in moderation it could work much better.

Also, I'm looking to meet some new people, so figure I'll put Medah under this thread.  She's a Miqo'te from a very small close minded village.  She ran away when she was about twenty four.  Her profile and character journal is here, where I've already written out more details on the village (warning, some content may be considered taboo).  If anyone is interested in saying they came from there, please let me know.  One day I'll write it all out in more detail for the Miqo'te Keeper tribe thread.

Hope people don't mind a noob posting in here! But I'd love to meet some people as I progress!

I've just started with my Elezen, Delanaux Guillaume on Balmung; Naive, kind of socially awkward and he's pretty gullible when it comes to other people. He's the type of person who'd end up joining a cult and only realize a week later. Perhaps you've seen him wandering about in Limsa, looking lost or reading a book in a quiet corner. Other times he can be seen simply staring into space. Don't let his demeanor fool you though, while he's not got a temper, he has some skill to back him up.

Before Limsa he was brought up by his grandfather and brothers. He began traveling very recently in an attempt to catch up to his brothers and find out where they have disappeared to.

At the moment I'm also looking for someone who wouldn't perhaps mind being hero worshiped a little by Del due to him having a crush on them. Since Del leans more toward men, if you've anyone who wouldn't mind him thinking your guy is the best thing since sliced bread, let me know. :3

Be careful with this.  I know someone that used to do it all the time in another game with another player and it got old very quickly.  They used to do it for every statement though... I'd say in moderation it could work much better.

Lies, all lies! This will never get old! I shall let the rhyming go uncontrolled!

O~hohohohohoho!