Mysterium, the Ivory Tower

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Time for another update! We're still about, picking up new mages and their friends and investigating a mysterious syndicate that likes to use a strange magical sigil as their signature -- in addition to our usual bad guy stopping, healing, and research. If your character might fit in a quirky association of spellcasters, feel free to give any of us a poke.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

This group sounds right up my alley. All my characters are magic classes, if that says anything. ;)

I know next to nothing about magic in this setting, so I'm drawing on my DND/FR understanding of it for now. Would be interested in an IC apprenticeship RP to learn more and help develop my RP in this area.

This group sounds right up my alley. All my characters are magic classes, if that says anything. ;)

I know next to nothing about magic in this setting, so I'm drawing on my DND/FR understanding of it for now. Would be interested in an IC apprenticeship RP to learn more and help develop my RP in this area.

Awesome! We have some members of the Tower who are really solid teachers (Armantiel, Clalaris, and Kerin come to mind; L'yhta is... a bit unique :) ). Feel free to give any of us a poke to set up a scene.

Awesome! We have some members of the Tower who are really solid teachers (Armantiel, Clalaris, and Kerin come to mind; L'yhta is... a bit unique :) ). Feel free to give any of us a poke to set up a scene.

Thanks! I'm in EST if that helps. :)

• 2 months later...

Just popping in to post that we're still around! We actually have some interesting plot and theme concepts in the works, based on our memberships' (both IC and OOC) impressions of the upcoming plot for Stormblood. That said, our emphasis remains on being quirky, powerful spellcasters trying to make their way in the world while preserving old and developing new knowledge. If that sounds like your cup of tea, feel free to give any of us a poke here or in game.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi! :) Thanks for the interest. If you're interested in some help and advice with lore, please feel free to reach out to one of us in game, to me via PM here, or to me on Tumblr. I'd be happy to help!

We've recently rejiggered our application form to make it less intimidating, and if you interact with one of us OOC first, we can and will waive the application form -- since we'll just naturally collect the application information while we talk.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

• 2 months later...

We're still around, if perhaps a little lazy on updating our post here. :) We've made some new friends -- The Cat's Meow Bar and Grill, for instance -- and reconnected with some old ones in the Carbuncle Cafe.

If you're interested in fighting a world-spanning conspiracy of evil mages, talking philosophy, linkshell chatter, and more, look us up!

• 2 months later...