Mysterium, the Ivory Tower

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy July, everyone!

We're still around and have brought a few new members into the fold this month, as well as extending our linkshell out to some of our Dear Friends in other groups to help expand RP opportunities.

I'm also beginning to compile magic lore into a page, much like the miqo'te lore page I have on our old forums. I hope to have an initial version of that up in the next few weeks so there's a centralized spot for all those delicious and oft hidden lore bits about the different magical practices. As much as I like searching posts on the RPC for lore references, a one-stop spot is easier for me, at least.

We're having a meet and greet today (7/25/15) at our house (Mist 5/24) from 1-4 US Central time, if anyone wants to drop by and say hello!

It seems really interesting. I'm a newcomer on balmung and would love to meet you. I'm also a newcomer on FF14 (though not new in RP at all), so I'd really love to learn more about magic in the lore : )

(If you could send me an invite, my character's name is "La Pacificatrice").

It seems really interesting. I'm a newcomer on balmung and would love to meet you. I'm also a newcomer on FF14 (though not new in RP at all), so I'd really love to learn more about magic in the lore : )

(If you could send me an invite, my character's name is "La Pacificatrice").

Hi, and welcome to the server! :) I'll keep a look out for you in game and we can chat. If you're interested in applying, check out our site, and we certainly don't mind inviting you to our OOC LS in the meantime.

*gasp* You're on to us! Quick! Hide the ghouls and the blood chalices! :)

In all seriousness, though, there's a lot of similarities between the Tower and magical fraternities, both as they exist in real life and as they're portrayed in role-playing games. The Order of Hermes from Ars Magica (and later, Mage: the Ascension) isn't a bad analogue for what we try to do conceptually. Since Clan Tremere used to be a Hermetic House, well... that's where the similarities come from! :)

It reminds me of a lot of good memories with my RPG association ^^ Though I've never played Ars Magica our association's library had it. We've played a lot in the World of Darkness and we even had a cool larp group, the roleplayers there were awesome =O

Well, I've noticed we have about 8hours of time differences, so I'll probably see you IG only on week-ends. But I'll try to contact you IG as I'm really enthousiast with your LS (and the fact you know Whitewolf even more ^^).

• 4 weeks later...

We're still here and meeting new people! We're starting up a monthly presentation of magical research, and a new angle in our RP is how the Code of the Magi should be interpreted with regards to those outside the Tower.

Even if you're not interested in joining, feel free to look us up for advice for your magical problems and stories.

We're still here and meeting new people! We're starting up a monthly presentation of magical research, and a new angle in our RP is how the Code of the Magi should be interpreted with regards to those outside the Tower.

Even if you're not interested in joining, feel free to look us up for advice for your magical problems and stories.

Magical or not, the presentations definitely sound interesting to me on an OOC/IC level.

I would love to. Ember doesn't know anything about magic but is always getting involved in it. 

What times are you guys usually active?

All right, I shall be there!

Should I contact you on  L'yhta Mahre?

Yep, L'yhta's my only regular character, so if I'm on, I'll be on as her. :)

I would love to. Ember doesn't know anything about magic but is always getting involved in it. 

What times are you guys usually active?

Most of our membership is on between 7 and 11pm US Central time, but we have some European members as well. I think our most active times are actually Saturday and Sunday, specifically Saturday afternoon US Central time.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is a really cool concept here! Can't believe it's taken me this long to find it. If you guys have any active RP going on during Australian evenings, and daytime aussie weekends, let me know and I'll poke someone about maybe setting up some RP soon. ^^