Mysterium, the Ivory Tower

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought I'd supply some Tower Ambiance.

Here at the Mysterium you'll find yourself amongst kindred spirits and...

aBE3c9X0BoA

Once you get to know our Voice you'll find out she's quite the....

YoEMaWrQBQM

You'll never fear the thought of someone stealing your...

MV-FvxoR1PQ

If you find yourself in doubt of the world around you, the Masters and Fellows of the Mysterium will always offer a friendly hand to guide you through...

J46RY4PU8a8

I like the way you think sir.

*Karhu dances to Radical Dreamers, being one of her favorite songs*

CvULqQM-pUI

Certainly! :) I'll be in game after official launch, but if you're in EA, feel free to look up our officers -- Eamont Desormaux (de Montalia) or Seth Honeybrew (Raccoon). Or, of course, you can poke me via PM here or on our forums. :)

I'll probably wait till launch to get in touch. EA will give me the chance to situate myself in game enough so I can devote the needed time to to a 2nd character.

• 4 weeks later...

We're still recruiting and growing, for those who are interested!

However, we do have a rather large number of Apprentices currently, and not nearly enough Fellows, Journeymen, and Masters (or Journeymen open to becoming Masters). We're not turning anyone away, but if your concept is open to being a Journeyman instead of an Apprentice, we'd greatly appreciate you applying as such. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! :) I saw your app and that one of our officers is on it. I look forward to meeting you in game!

FYI, our app policy recently changed so that the Wizards of the Tower get to vote ICly on applications. New applicants come in as Initiates ICly, then get placed in their final circle after the vote. This gives everyone a chance to meet new members and better fits the feel of a cabal of mages. :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I've been asked by our FC leader to post on the thread and mention that, yes, we are still around and active. :) We just moved an FC-wide plot into its next phase, we help out in PvE (especially IC -- can't get enough of those IC instances :) ), we have a house in Mist to act as a nexus for RP, and we've got some very unique and quirky Wizards and Dear Friends. If you're looking for an RP experience something akin to the faculty lounge of Hogwarts crossed with Avengers Tower, we might be the right place for you.

Also, L'yhta is considering taking on an apprentice again, so if you're interested in that and enjoy IC PvE as well as more mundane RP, feel free to drop me a PM.

• 4 weeks later...

The Ivory Tower is going strong; with the launch of 2.3, we've had some old friends join and have been having a lot of fun with IC instances lately.

If you're an FC that has a plot that needs some magical consulting, Mysterium is happy to help. Feel free to contact us on our forums or PM me here and I'll point you in the right direction.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Yep! We actually don't use FC chat for anything. Instead, we use an IC and an OOC LS. That way, people can join ICly without having to leave their Free Company (for example, if their FC is OOC and more progression oriented).

Oh! I came in to ask this specifically! I have a character who would be great for this and is in need of more scholarly connections. I'll drop an application off by your forums then, assuming recruitment is still open?

• 3 weeks later...

November update: I'm currently spooling up our new plot involving a mysterious paramilitary organization in Coerthas and weird experiments in magitek.

To everyone who's been interested but has had trouble reaching an officer, I know our leader and officer have been a little scarce lately. To that end, I think she's going to appoint another officer soon to help out. In the interim, if you poke me via PM here, I can usually help work out schedules. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We'd love to meet you! :) Feel free to poke any of us that you see online.

Things are a bit more fluid in practice than they may appear; sure, we have a big charter with rules and such, but it's really just to ensure we're all on the same page about how we want to RP. We've never had to discipline anyone for violations of consent rules, for instance.

As for the IC structure, it's very fluid. :)

• 2 months later...

Coming into Heavensward, not only are we still alive and kicking, but we have some big plans!

• We've revamped our web presence! We're now hosted by Shivtr. Our new site is http://www.themysterium.org.
  • We've got a new metaplot in the works for Heavensward to give everyone an opportunity to link their personal storylines together into a grand story of devious backroom dealings and dark plots. If you're looking for a magic and investigation storyline involving conspiracies, the occasional dramatic battle, and complex motivations, this may be the right time to look us up.
  • To that end, we're instituting weekly "storyline nights" to progress our metaplot.
  • We're also going to be introducing our Story Engine, a narrativist game system designed to quickly and fairly resolve conflicts by letting characters shine at the things they're good at and giving players bennies for having their characters fail at the things they're bad at. The Story Engine employs dramatic editing, a bidding system tied to actions, and a "trump" system to minimize rolls and let players focus on the scene, as opposed to the mechanics, while still sometimes letting your fate rest on a roll of the dice. The Story Engine is designed for use with the /random command.

If any of this sounds like it might be your cup of tea, look us up at our new site or give one of us a poke here or in game!

EDIT: Also, if you're in charge of an LS or FC that'd be interested in getting involved with this, or getting us involved with your plots as a magic resource (or "squints," one might say :) ), give us a poke, too.

• 3 weeks later...