Foxberry's Art: Updated 7.30.17

Hmm, cant wait to see it colored, from the line art the horns sort of look like fur...

Yeah I need to do heavy detailing on the horns. I noticed that myself after I did them. They don't have the hard edge they need yet. They're going to have that look once I get the actual plating done. But I started getting tired. :<

Edit: Maybe I'll go through and remove the wispy spines and make them not so curved.

May- yeah, take away the wispy bits. Horns are bone which are not whispy.

They weren't supposed to be wispy, just sharply curved but I hadn't drawn the details in to show that as of yet. Though I think for clarity's sake just having them not curved like thorns would be best. I do appreciate the feedback, since it's pretty critical at this stage of the images- since I can go back and edit things very easily.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm, cant wait to see it colored, from the line art the horns sort of look like fur...

Yeah I need to do heavy detailing on the horns. I noticed that myself after I did them. They don't have the hard edge they need yet. They're going to have that look once I get the actual plating done. But I started getting tired. :<

Edit: Maybe I'll go through and remove the wispy spines and make them not so curved.

May- yeah, take away the wispy bits. Horns are bone which are not whispy.

They weren't supposed to be wispy, just sharply curved but I hadn't drawn the details in to show that as of yet. Though I think for clarity's sake just having them not curved like thorns would be best. I do appreciate the feedback, since it's pretty critical at this stage of the images- since I can go back and edit things very easily.

Yeah, I think reducing the visible curve from around the head will help a lot, More.. juttery lines? I'm pretty bad at describing things. It looks great so far.

Thank you. I talked with my boyfriend a bit over it, I kind of like the overall mandible-look to them but the sharp little lines that look like the wisps will be altered to have more like straight strokes than curvatures. 

It's okay though I think I understood. ^-^

It's hard to explain without redlining images.

Horns fixed, they don't look like fur now. I'm happy with that. They look more hard edged. Though there'll be detailing and other stuff added to them after I finish the majority of the piece. Pointless to do it now if I'm going to cover it at some point. 

1430303487_dusksketch-2.jpg

-snip-

Mhm! looks far better now! I'm still unsure of the whispy bites because horns dont normally do that in such small arches. But the straightening and strengthening of some of the lines helps a lot.

ram_horn_psd_by_avahlon_stock-d4e0a5v.jpg

333862119_c643bab6c7_b.jpg

For now they sort of have this feel to them:

artichoke_1339768899.jpg

*think*

Mmm.. Images help more than words to me. D; I dont mean to ruin your work at all! Just want to provide criticism to help!

It's fine that they look like an artichoke for now.. As I've said it will need the extra detailing. I don't want them smooth.

I'm going for an attempted layering of edges like a pauldron. However not metallic when it's finished. 

Plates like you would see on a dragon, I know they aren't draconic and are more demonic but I like the style of horns. 

Exotic_Dragon_Horns_by_Tarjcia.jpg

UpCUyCP.jpg

150129_thranduil02.jpg

Maybe make the horns so they kind of cloak the under layer of each fold?

Does that make sense?

(I think?) It'll need shading done for that. There'll be darkness under each layer, yes. :)

^^ Also you aren't ruining my work! You're trying to help. I understand.

>< If I were better at art I'd ask for an art trade.

Awww~! I've seen your art thread it's very cute! 

:) Maybe over the summer we can do an art trade. I'm a bit busy with finals but we could work something out.

:) Maybe over the summer we can do an art trade. I'm a bit busy with finals but we could work something out.

Certainly. I'm in the same boat, I have finals very soon.

Certainly. I'm in the same boat, I have finals very soon.

Good luck to you! May the gods of our grading systems smile upon you. ;D

Removed nudity from the thread. I wanted to make sure it's clean here since mod rules were updated. If you want to see all the n00dz, you'll have to PM me to get the tumblr link. Also +18 only, I don't give it out to people who are under age.

I love the way you handled the line weight in that Xaela piece! It's gorgeous. A really clean, crisp look.

Thank you so much! I'm afraid it'll start getting cluttered though once I start getting the scales in. :<

*Flails about wildly* You turned off the stream! And I was totally digging watching and listening to the swing.

I'm going swimming! It's 90 degrees here! Lol I'll do more streaming later.

And for others; this is currently the progress I'm at. Done the lineart. :)

1430531850_dusksketch-3.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Working on looseness. Screwed around with the skin a lot, didn't like how it looked. But started working on the scales, happy so far with how they came out. Likely, not the final version of the scales.

1432034306_wip-aura.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...