A Coast in the Desert (Finished)

Desmond sat crossed legged in order to better face Lucy. He sensed this lalafel was not a stranger to the rules of courtesies. He appreciated the opportunity to do something he knew well.

"Thank you again for sharing your food. I am Desmond Aryll, gratefully yours," dipping his head slightly. "This man is Kayle Delwyn," he began on his left and going round the group, "the highlander is Amaare, that is-" trying to remember the coeurl's name, "Braxas I believe. And this is -" he stopped short as he realized that in all that had happened, they had never acquainted themselves properly with their Twelve-sent healer.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-Ears tilted up as she glanced at their faces, she hesitated a moment. Then her frame rose to her feet and she bowed with her arm across her chest.

"Z'r..."

She shook her head and rose her spine to align, a faint pinkness under her cheeks.

"Rue Lavant."

She found the word fitting of herself as she decided it was best to discard her old tribal name since she was no long apart of it. Her tail swayed as she offered the now empty cup back to Lucy.

Kayle smiled silently for a moment at the young Miqo'te girl, eyes hidden behind tumbling bangs.  "And so it is," he replied, beaming.

[align=center]***[/align]

The group talked well into the night, retelling of their meeting, sharing stories from their pasts, and their dreams and aspirations.  Some didn't say much, but they seemed to enjoy the company.  There was laughter and compassion here among these strangers, but for Kayle it felt like home.  As they each trailed off and drifted into their dreams, Kayle couldn't help but think of his family; of his mother and her husband, and of his missing father.  He could still hear his final words...

[align=center]Courage is not the absence of fear,[/align]

[align=center]but rather the judgement that [/align]

[align=center]something else is more important.[/align]

"A coast in the desert..." he said softly as Azeyma's Glory broke the horizon.

[align=center]***[/align]

[align=center]:idea:[/align]

[align=center](( Just had to say, this was the best forum-based RP I've had in a very long time, thank you guys tons. It was beautiful and amazing. You all did an exceptional job, and I loved the character progression throughout the whole thing. Got a real sense of comradery and vivid combat details. Thank you all. ))[/align]

[align=center](( Just had to say, this was the best forum-based RP I've had in a very long time, thank you guys tons. It was beautiful and amazing. You all did an exceptional job, and I loved the character progression throughout the whole thing. Got a real sense of comradery and vivid combat details. Thank you all. ))[/align]

[align=center](( Thank you!  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this, it was exactly the experience I was looking for.  Truth be told it's my first thread RP, and it was an immense pleasure to play with all of you.  We hope to have more in the future, along with some in game RP events, so stay tuned! ))[/align]

[align=center](( Thank you!  I can't tell you how much I enjoyed this, it was exactly the experience I was looking for.  Truth be told it's my first thread RP, and it was an immense pleasure to play with all of you.  We hope to have more in the future, along with some in game RP events, so stay tuned! ))[/align]

Ditto! I'm a newcomer around here and it was a real treat that this little idea we threw around turned into a story that gave me (and Desmond) more than I expected. I feel like we both made some friends along the way.

You guys consistently surprised me with your choices and writing and I really don't think one person could've written out a better scene, which says a lot about your skills as writer's and actors. Kudos!

And as Doc said, stay tuned because you haven't read the last of us! :idea: