Body Modification!

Just curious to any other 'alternative' people out there. Piercings, tattoos, hell even if you have colorful hair, whatever! 

(I had teal hair for a while, but it's back to plat. blonde)

Anyways. Let's see.. I just got my second septum piercing (took out the first one to get it re-done lower), and I have stretched earlobes. (I'm attempting to get to 32mm ear size right now.)

No tattoos yet, probably will get some knuckle tats eventually *shrugs*. I'm planning to get my angel bites & bridge piercings done before Youmacon! :D

Just curious to any other 'alternative' people out there. Piercings, tattoos, hell even if you have colorful hair, whatever! 

(I had teal hair for a while, but it's back to plat. blonde)

Anyways. Let's see.. I just got my second septum piercing (took out the first one to get it re-done lower), and I have stretched earlobes. (I'm attempting to get to 32mm ear size right now.)

No tattoos yet, probably will get some knuckle tats eventually *shrugs*. I'm planning to get my angel bites & bridge piercings done before Youmacon! :D

I used to have piercings, but they kept getting caught on various articles of clothing so I took all of them out.

As for tattoos, I have quite a few.  All my tattoos are of my own design and/or composition.  My right arm is fully sleeved, I have a very large memorial piece on my left side.  It goes from just under my left nipple to under my left shoulderblade.  Then I have a colored piece on my upper back.  The sleeve is black and grey.  The one on my side in just line work.  Since it is a memorial piece, I wanted it to remain unfinished.

Luckily I work in the Film VFX industry, so nobody gives a damn what I look like.

I've always had an aversion towards any sort of piercing, so I doubt I'll ever get one myself! It's not so much the pain that makes me cringe but the idea that it could potentially be pulled out after being caught on something or torn away by a spiteful individual.

I do hope to get a tattoo eventually, though. I was toying with the idea of a sword for a while - likely somewhere I can easily obscure it from view in order to avoid potential issues in future employment.

Let's see,  I used to have 00mm gauged ears with two extra tight loops on top of one ear but I took them all out to assist in getting a job a long time ago. I just never really bother to put them back in. Besides that, I have an incomplete half-sleeve on my forearm composed of clouds and the words "be brave". Money is a defining factor as to why it remains incomplete and why I do not have more.

I have a 14 gauge industrial bar on my left ear, numerous piercings in both ears (but this is kinda normal lol). I also have a tattoo on my shoulder that I did the art of and had a wonderful tattoo artist do. :) I love body modification and would like to do more, like get some smallish gauges but I do worry about getting work as a commercial photographer. I have had weird colors like teal, fire engine red and silver. Teal worked best with my hair, fireengine and silver did not stay in long enough even though it was the same company's hair color. Just didn't work with my hair type. Teal was a lot of fun though. :D

Teaaaaallll~

self_portrait__02_by_dana_weise-d2xnuiw.jpg

*waves*

Two tattoos at the moment, attempting to save up for more.  I have plans for roughly 6-7 more that will create an upper back/shoulder piece of totemic significance but it's going to be SO expensive it may never happen. :(  No piercings though beyond the basic ears- I have allergic reactions to a lot of the less expensive metals (no lie) so again it's more of a cost issue than an aversion.

Planning on throwing some fun color in my hair again, had it bright purple streaked for a bit, that washed out so it became bright white streaked. :P  Considering dying the bottom half blue and since my hair is very, very long (I can sit on it) that'll be a LOT of blue. :D

Love hearing people's stories about their tattoos.

Ohoo seems like having tattoos is the biggest trend (and under 12mm stretched ears haha). Though of course tattoos usually have greater symbolic meaning than a piece of metal stuck through your nose.~

What's up with the lack of face/body piercings guys!?

i secretly want to get my nipples & tongue pierced, but i was told that would be, quote un-quote, gay. -__-

If you can't get into an industry like Flapjack, why don't you get silicone plugs Foxberry? I'm a sous chef in a fancy-ass restaurant, and I can wear them for when I go around and chat up customers.

[align=center]

kaos-silicone-flesh-tunnel-plug-retainer-hider-6.jpg

[/align]

That isn't me btw, just a random pic I found online xD

I never went all out on tattoo's because they are so expensive. I do have a bit of a half sleeve. As far as piercings go I have snake bites and got my tongue pierced 11 years ago when I was 16. What happened to people doing tongue piercings? lol

I have to take all of my piercings out though once I start my MRI training and I can't get any new ink because when you are getting tattooed small pieces of metal sometimes get into your skin. With the giant magnet on it actually rips open little holes in your skin as it tears the tiny pieces of metal out...so yeah. I have to take everything out.

If you can't get into an industry like Flapjack, why don't you get silicone plugs Foxberry? I'm a sous chef in a fancy-ass restaurant, and I can wear them for when I go around and chat up customers.

Cause the things I want won't be so easy to plug, if I wanted snakebites for example or eyebrow piercing. As for gauges some places don't even like the plugs. I have to consider my clients when I work as a commercial photographer. Depending on what I go into some want us completely in full suits and very pristine looks. Its kinda silly but yeah. :/ I live in San Francisco, so they are a little bit more liberal with that sort of thing but a lot of places and clients still don't like it unfortunately.

On another note this is my ink; the post above was acting really weird with spoilers. =_= I had spoiler-ception. 

S6300191.jpg

...I have my left ear pierced. (SUCH A BADASS) and an amazing tattoo that I feel like I'll regret in a couple years.

There's no way in hell you're getting pictures, but it's essentially just the letters "Z-Z-Z-Z" in a wavy floaty pattern (Pure Debauchery I know) . I figured, hey why not support my own ailment, or whatever. But that went flying out the window when I got it tattoo'd on my lower abdomen right next to my ___

...Yeeep.

Six tattoos, lip and left ear are pierced (Would have more but been having a problem with them rejecting sadly). At the moment nothing special with my hair really but I had dark blue hair in highschool/college then when I first started rocking a mohawk it was alternating black and red. Still have the hawk though it's pretty short right now and my natural hair colour.

What happened to people doing tongue piercings? lol

Hey I did say I secretly wanted one. I'm worried about them damaging my perfect teeth though ...

On another note this is my ink; the post above was acting really weird with spoilers. =_= I had spoiler-ception. 

S6300191.jpg

I guess that makes sense. On a lighter note, that is so adorable I just got diabeetus. 8-)

There's no way in hell you're getting pictures, but it's essentially just the letters "Z-Z-Z-Z" in a wavy floaty pattern (Pure Debauchery I know) . I figured, hey why not support my own ailment, or whatever. But that went flying out the window when I got it tattoo'd on my lower abdomen right next to my ___

No offense, but that kinda tattoo makes it seems like your junk is always asleep (aka can't get it up). What a spot to to put it of all places

No offense, but that kinda tattoo makes it seems like your junk is always asleep (aka can't get it up). What a spot to to put it of all places

Pfft, it's -beside- it, and it was more of a 'I don't want work to hang me.' ...And still, anyone who sees it up close and personal, most likely will have those thoughts instantly washed away.

...Could also be taken as an analogy for an invitation to wake it u- Okay I'll stop now.

I guess that makes sense. On a lighter note, that is so adorable I just got diabeetus. 8-)

Yeah, clients are weird. I will probably get gauges at least sometime in the future cause I do like the smaller ones I think they're cute. Snakebites will most likely never happen, but ah... ce la vie. :< 

__Wish___by_kitsu_feathers.jpg

That was the art that I did for it several years back. Granted the ink was done much smoother. I haven't gotten it colored and always preferred non-colored ink tbh. :)

Pfft, it's -beside- it, and it was more of a 'I don't want work to hang me.' ...And still, anyone who sees it up close and personal, most likely will have those thoughts instantly washed away.

...Could also be taken as an analogy for an invitation to wake it u- Okay I'll stop now.

ε-(´・`) Is it getting hot in here or is it just me?

__Wish___by_kitsu_feathers.jpg

That was the art that I did for it several years back. Granted the ink was done much smoother. I haven't gotten it colored and always preferred non-colored ink tbh. :)

I think I like it better without color as well. Not as distracted from the impressive line work! ^^;

I think its very important that you consider the font that you use. So many times do I see bad 'word' ink done with stuff like comic-sans or old gothic. >>; Make it legible and not looking like something you'd see on a funeral card.

I didn't mean that it should literally say "I'm a survivor", I don't want a few words inked on me! :P

I meant that's what it would mean. But I'm not sure what the tattoo would be. What could express that and look good.

I am a huge advocate of self designed tattoos.  That being said I understand not everyone is artistic, and thus having work designed by someone else is often more favorable.

In your case though, I don't think you should have anyone else design, or even give initial input on your tattoo.  This mark will be with you for the rest of your life.  The rest of your existence on this planet will be marked with what you decide to put on your body.  Given the importance of this tattoo to you, the marking of a life changing event, its conception and design should come solely from you because, ultimately, it is your reminder to yourself.  It does not have to be fancy, have an enormous amount of detail, be in color, or even make any sense to anyone.  What is important is that, when YOU see it, you are reminded of what it represents.  

My tattoo artist has a small black dot on the back of his hand, at the base of his thumb.  This dot represents his son that died at a very young age.  He will see this dot every time he is writing, or drawing, or anything.  The fact that it is such a tiny dot forces him to remember his son.  The way he looked, the way he laughed, the way he smiled.  Anything more detailed would have drawn away from the purpose of that tattoo: to remember.

Take "what will look good" out of the equation.  Instead, think "what will help me remember vividly this event."  Whatever that happens to be, no matter how small,  that is what you should get.  Knowing that it came from deep inside your soul will make it beautiful.  No amount of detail or color or work from the best tattoo artists in the country can make that tattoo more beautiful than the memories of what it represents.

I'm pretty lame and have no tattoos, only a single piercing (in my ear from a botched home attempt when I was a little over eighteen.), and though I plan to get a tattoo at some point, it has to mean something and will probably be small and unnoticed.

That being said, on the subject of interesting tattoos regarding life events: a favorite professor of mine has something written in Sanskrit along his thumb. He won't tell students what it says, or why/when he got it, only that it's very personal to him. Something to keep in mind when thinking about tattoos with meaning, I guess.

Currently, I have my right eyebrow pierced and a tongue piercing. I use to have purple, teal, cotton candy pink/vamp red hair but looking for a job has forced me back to plain-Jenn brunette. I hope I can find one that is lax on "professional image" but I won't hold my breath. :P

I don't have any tats yet but I'll eventually save up for one I've wanted for a few years now.

I want one of the little indian shooting the star from the tootsie pop wrapper in memory of my grandpa. He would always have my brother and I look for them and he always called me his little indian princess.:love:

I didn't mean that it should literally say "I'm a survivor", I don't want a few words inked on me! :P

I meant that's what it would mean. But I'm not sure what the tattoo would be. What could express that and look good.

There's nothing wrong with a verse, I just think that fonts should be taken seriously. But a representation is also wonderful, and I do agree I think it is something that you should design. :) Even if its not the best looking, a great tattoo artist can do a wonderful sketch for you, just as long as you have something of a design drawn out and ideas given.

My manliness flees in terror at the sight of needles, so no tattoos or piercings for me. Every person I've hooked up with has had them though, but not even the incentives were enough to convince me to take the plunge myself. I like how most of it looks on others though, so long as it's not covering practically every inch of them. I won't treat them any differently; their body is their canvas after all. It just loses something for me.

Thanks for the tips, guys.

However, I'm not very good at these things I can come up with stories pretty easily, but coming up with images is something completely new to me and if I'm asking it's because I need inspiration.

No need to worry about the whole "it's for life" thing either. ^^; I'm not some 15 years old getting a tattoo "because it's cool", I'm a 31 years old who's been through a lot and want to commemorate it. It's not really to remind myself either. I'll carry a big scar for life to remind me... but a scar isn't pretty (don't give me that rugged good looks thing, that doesn't work with me :P) and I rather have something prettier.

It's like how some soldiers get scars and medals, I guess. I got the scar, I want to give myself something else. ^^