Hidden Classes?

Okay please correct me here, I need to know if this is true or not. I have a buddy IRL who I know pre-ordered the game, and he was in Closed beta since stage 1 or whatever- and he likes to exaggerate a lot. I went looking for myself on forums to see if there was anything about this, but he told me that the game has "hidden classes" that can be unlocked.

Is this true????

Not that I am aware of, I didn't play 1.0 but I've been in the beta since phase 2 and have not heard anything about it.  I doubt there are hidden classes but could he be talking about the job system?

Bahh Ninja'd by the mighty waffle slayer and they are correct it is one class to 30 and another to 15 that will "unlock" the job. These are your classic FF jobs like dragoon, black mage and white mage.

I did hear about what could be done at level 30 and the cross classing system seems pretty damn cool.

He did play 1.0 so I dunno much about that since I didn't play it myself. He said that there were classical classes that were hidden in the game that could be unlocked, and one of them he said was Redmage -and I got pretty excited but I'm -really- not sure if I believe him. That's what I wanted to ask from more experienced players or if anyone could confirm this.

Okay please correct me here, I need to know if this is true or not. I have a buddy IRL who I know pre-ordered the game, and he was in Closed beta since stage 1 or whatever- and he likes to exaggerate a lot. I went looking for myself on forums to see if there was anything about this, but he told me that the game has "hidden classes" that can be unlocked.

Is this true????

There aren't any hidden classes, but there are Jobs which you unlock by leveling certain classes. For example, leveling Thaumaturge to 30, and I believe it's Arcanist to 15, unlocks the Black Mage Job. These aren't completely separate from Classes however, more like specialized versions of them. Black Mage for example has all of the Thaumaturge spells and abilities but gains five new spells only useable as Black Mage.

The lists of these jobs are: Monk, Dragoon, Warrior, Black Mage, White Mage, Scholar, Summoner, and Bard. Unfortunately no Red Mage yet.

He did play 1.0 so I dunno much about that since I didn't play it myself. He said that there were classical classes that were hidden in the game that could be unlocked, and one of them he said was Redmage -and I got pretty excited but I'm -really- not sure if I believe him. That's what I wanted to ask from more experienced players or if anyone could confirm this.

Yeah, you're right not to believe him. I played 1.0 and there was nothing of that sort that I ever saw. Sounds like he's just messing with you.

When the game officially launched there were only Gladiator, Marauder, Pugilist, Thaumaturge, Conjurer, and the various DoH classes. It wasn't until later that the advanced jobs were introduced.

There was a Musketeer's guild in 1.0, but they wouldn't let us in.  Something about our shoes not getting in the club.  

Same goes for Arcanists, but they got in at 2.0, obviously.

That said, I would expect red mage, beastmaster, thief/ninja and other classes like that down the line.

I would love to see the thief class make a return. I've just come to consider that almost a requirement in any good RPG and it feels odd that FFXIV ARR is lacking it.

One of the FF wikis shows musketeer signs and talks of a musketeer guild in limsa, also you can already see these musketeer signs on the tower where also the marauder guild resides.

As limsa only has 2 clases so far (and the other 3) and taking these signs into account, i strongly, strongly believe we gte a musketeer class as next one. Probably with a later patch.

One of the FF wikis shows musketeer signs and talks of a musketeer guild in limsa, also you can already see these musketeer signs on the tower where also the marauder guild resides.

As limsa only has 2 clases so far (and the other 3) and taking these signs into account, i strongly, strongly believe we gte a musketeer class as next one. Probably with a later patch.

That's been there for almost 3 years now and they added Arcanist in before Musketeer, so it's not clear when they'll add Musketeer, just that they will.

I could be wrong but I think Yoshi P said he wanted to add one more class sometime before the first expansion hits. If they do my money is on our missing rogue class or as it's been called before a scout class. Thief will most likely be the job advancement with a possible secondary being ninja but I'm hoping for a katana wielding class that splits into either Samurai or Ninja sometime down the road.

He said he wanted to add more classes, but no number was ever specifically mentioned and he's dropped numerous hints about Thief, Musketeer, and Dark Knight. Not really anything else. My bet is that we'll see these three classes added before the next expansion, and then most likely second jobs after that for the current classes.

Indeed it would be, but it kind of throws out the existing system of having two classes for prerequisites for the more 'advanced' classes.

I just want good old Dark Knight to finally rear it's face :D

Yeah, I agree. Sticking to the two class prereq is much easier, and it doesn't get confusing down the road.

As it stands now, the Lancer is actually rather close the the old Thief class, just based on it's 1-20 abilities. Despite being a bit more armored, they are based off of the basic ability of positioning to get the brunt of their damage. If anything I could see the thief class being added, if only because of it's long standing place in the FF series.

Indeed it would be, but it kind of throws out the existing system of having two classes for prerequisites for the more 'advanced' classes.

I just want good old Dark Knight to finally rear it's face :D

Yeah, I agree. Sticking to the two class prereq is much easier, and it doesn't get confusing down the road.

Dark Knight would even be that hard honestly 30MRD/15THM would be simple enough.

I could even see Red Mage being a bit of an advanced class with 30(CNJ/THM/ARC)/15GLD. Not really too sure as to which, but I would imagine either CNJ or THM being the more reasonable of the three.

I thought the OP was asking about Musketeer, ha! Every time I see that symbol in Limsa I get wistful. I want my double guns so badly.

Haha no, I was more or less hoping for a Redmage class like super hard. That or Dancer. A blue mage would also be exceptionally badass.

Well we have 2 tanks, 2 Melee DD, 2 Healers, 1 ranged DD, 2 Magic DD. I'd expect Musketeer to fill in the second ranged DD if it gets a second Job maybe tank because ranged tanks are cool and Yoshi P says we need more.