Help Us Name Our Alliance!

Gar

Hello everyone!

So as some of you may know, there are three growing powers on Balmung that are entering into an alliance. I wanted to create this thread specifically for brainstorming a name we can give to this alliance. Now, we tossed around some ideas to play with the fact that there are three organizations, however I'd like to avoid names like that in case we bring in other organizations under the banner.

So I'll be posting here as well as I force my brain to come up with ideas. I'm gonna go ahead and assume Ashren and Freelance will find this thread, if not I'll poke them later. But whether you are part of the alliance or not, give us some ideas for cool names we could use!

If it helps at all, I'll give a quick synopsis of each group that is joining together.

XI:7: This is my group. The explanation I've found most effective is that we are Shinra for the good guys. Developing weapons technology and aetherical research, XI:7 uses its profits and new technology to protect Eorzea.

Mysterium: These guys are a society of mages. They swear an oath and delve into everything magical. Any aether related is their wheelhouse.

Blades of Nald'thal: The Blades protect Eorzea from the shadows. They are a secret society that cover their tracks to remain anonymous. XI:7 and the blades are similar in their structure, just that the Blades are much more secretive.

LeCard coined the basic roles of each of the Free Companies, and its pretty much stuck since. XI:7 is the Face, Mysterium is the Arcane, and Blades is the Shadows.

I don't know why, but the three sort of remind me of the beginning of Kingdom Hearts. You have to choose between a Sword, a Shield, and a Magic Wand. Depending on what you choose, your stats will be effected as you go through the game.

Blades of Nald'thal is the Sword. Mysterium is the Magic Wand. XI:7 is the Shield.

Anyroad, lets brainstorm. There is a perfect name out there somewhere, we just have to find it.

How about :

The D.A.R.C - The Defense and Research Coalition

Considering two of the mentioned orders involve researching magic or tech and it all seems to be about defending the people (At least thats my assuption, I could be completely wrong) that plus its a play on the word "Dark" which fits the Blades of Nald`thal as they work in the shadows, so Dark, Darc, you see my train of thought here?

Alright, here is my first round of ideas. They are all along the same theme; seems they are all at least interested in defending Eorzea.

- The Bastion Alliance

- The Citadel Alliance

- The Rampart Alliance

- The Bulwark Alliance

- The Phalanx Alliance

I'll keep thinking of different options that lean towards different themes.

I don't know why, but the three sort of remind me of the beginning of Kingdom Hearts. You have to choose between a Sword, a Shield, and a Magic Wand. Depending on what you choose, your stats will be effected as you go through the game.

Blades of Nald'thal is the Sword. Mysterium is the Magic Wand. XI:7 is the Shield.

If copyright weren't an issue...

Eorzea Hearts. Or maybe Hydaelyn Hearts?

How about :

Considering two of the mentioned orders involve researching magic or tech and it all seems to be about defending the people (At least thats my assuption, I could be completely wrong) that plus its a play on the word "Dark" which fits the Blades of Nald`thal as they work in the shadows, so Dark, Darc, you see my train of thought here?

That is actually really good! We'll definitely keep it in the pool of possibilities.

If copyright weren't an issue...

Eorzea Hearts. Or maybe Hydaelyn Hearts?

Hey, its a Square Enix game. Its all good! :D

I actually really like these. Definitely gonna keep them in mind.

With things like this I prefer to keep it simple. Besides big flashy names draw too much attention.

I'd call it Magic Sword. A magic sword can basically do anything, it can be sneaky, it can be powerful, it can protect all due to the versatility of it being magical. Today it can be inbued with a protection spell. Tomorrow invisibility and the day after that? Haste to both parry and attack.

A Smith to Create it

A Mage to Invigorate it

A Blade to give it Purpose, that shall Awaken it

Not sure if this is very good, just woke up lol

With things like this I prefer to keep it simple. Besides big flashy names draw too much attention.

I'd call it Magic Sword. A magic sword can basically do anything, it can be sneaky, it can be powerful, it can protect all due to the versatility of it being magical. Today it can be inbued with a protection spell. Tomorrow invisibility and the day after that? Haste to both parry and attack.

A Smith to Create it

A Mage to Invigorate it

A Blade to give it Purpose, that shall Awake it

Not sure if this is very good, just woke up lol

Hey, thanks Rock, that is pretty good. "Spellsword" is a Final Fantasy job after all.

And I like the Lord of the Rings prophecy about it. :D

How about :

I vote for this one. :D

L'yhta being, well, L'yhta would probably vote for "Eorzean Hearts." :) "Wow! It's cute and obscurantist! I love it!"

I, however, lean towards "Magic Sword" or something similar, though all the names pitched so far work for me. :) I don't have any thing to pitch right now, but I blame the creativity-sapping Atlanta airport for that. Even Sky Clubs here are loud and overfilled. :x

To me, Magic Sword sounds of kind... tacky? I couldn't imagine L'yhta, Garryson, and Ashren sitting down to hold some kind of official meeting going "Now that everyone is here, this begins the first meeting of Magic Sword."

Unless we plan on holding our secret meetings in a tree house.

To me, Magic Sword sounds of kind... tacky? I couldn't imagine L'yhta, Garryson, and Ashren sitting down to hold some kind of official meeting going "Now that everyone is here, this begins the first meeting of Magic Sword."

Unless we plan on holding our secret meetings in a tree house.

Are you telling me that meetings aren't going to be in a tree house?

Because now I'm disappointed.

B'jaern scribbles upon a piece of parchment crumples it up and tosses it into the pile. Biting on a licorice whip in frustration, "You people are impossible" placing his feet back onto the table.

Amicus Crystallus. (Friends of the Crystal)

Midlight Triad

Spellsword Triumvirate

The Ourobouri

130x106http://feathertattoos.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Ouroboros-tattoos-7.gif[/img]

Midgardsorma

Triquetra

116x109http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.5015977439070397&pid=15.1[/img]

Personally I like D.A.R.C. the most so far

Posted by Lothaire - Today 11:31 AM

avatar_1496.jpg?dateline=1376566035How about :

I vote for this one. biggrin.gif

Daaawww shucks  :blush:

I was going to edit my original post with more ideas but I think i`ll just leave it with D.A.R.C. seeing as how some of you seem to like it