A sad day

Orin

Leveling and gear and all of that needs be on the back-burner of the role-players mind. If not we might as well be join any server we want and look for the "endgameraiderz" *:frustrated:* FC and grind for smexy rawking geer. 

As a roleplayer and an extremely hardcore raider, I kind of take exception to this. xD You can be both.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leveling and gear and all of that needs be on the back-burner of the role-players mind. If not we might as well be join any server we want and look for the "endgameraiderz" *:frustrated:* FC and grind for smexy rawking geer. 

As a roleplayer and an extremely hardcore raider, I kind of take exception to this. xD You can be both.

I agree with the above. There's no reason why that should be on the back-burner. Personally, my character strives to be stronger, so that naturally includes leveling and questing and aaaall the smexy gear that comes along with it. Why enter the game at all otherwise?

I think the point cesar is trying to make is That What good is having super strength

And elite gear if you don't have a great community to share in rp with. Not saying you can't have both but giving more effort into giving a truly immersive rp experience over the monotonous grind that most mmos make you do to have the " best of the best equipment ".

I think the point cesar is trying to make is That What good is having super strength

And elite gear if you don't have a great community to share in rp with. Not saying you can't have both but giving more effort into giving a truly immersive rp experience over the monotonous grind that most mmos make you do to have the " best of the best equipment ".

Like a few of the previous posts, I love doing both. If not for the fact that, if one is not available to me for any reason at the time I can hop over to the other (or even get bored of one), then it's for the impact your character has when they are max level and they have the coolest looking gear and weapons. It's the time and dedication you've put into that character, allowing your imagination to wander while you do a dungeon or quests, or even put your own twist on the event to make it your character's memory/fun story to tell. It's just not the same as a level one character that you just made, wearing the same gear you created them in.

I agree with the above. There's no reason why that should be on the back-burner. Personally, my character strives to be stronger, so that naturally includes leveling and questing and aaaall the smexy gear that comes along with it. Why enter the game at all otherwise?

I understand having good equipment is desired. Like Orin stated the community comes first to me. Any mmo can offer cool gear and raids, but a good rp community can give all your gear AND memories that can be cherished with characters and stories that transcend raids and.dungeons. I am a PvP advocate so.don't think that I don't care about gear and mechanics but its not my main focus. I am a heavy rp'er though.

I understand having good equipment is desired. Like Orin stated the community comes first to me. Any mmo can offer cool gear and raids, but a good rp community can give all your gear AND memories that can be cherished with characters and stories that transcend raids and.dungeons. I am a PvP advocate so.don't think that I don't care about gear and mechanics but its not my main focus. I am a heavy rp'er though.

I suppose everyone has different feelings about the cross between RP and gaming in an MMO, and that's totally cool. No one should have a say about how someone enjoys their experience, no matter if one thing is focused or if they are all equally focused, right?

So revisiting this post, I must say there are many good statements regarding the official RPC.  

Moving servers, and making a new home.. even with server transfers, is no longer an option for us. That being said, anyone who does not mind playing with a smaller group feel free to come join us.  I have to manage a large mixed group of people, so an IC linkshell was the way to go.  We have enough RPers involved that there will be plenty of stories, and lots of fun to be had!

Feel free to check out my post in the previous alternative to Gilgamesh thread, and also the linkshell that has been created in the linkshell portion.

This is not an attempt to fracture the community, this is simply where we will be.  I am just opening an invitation to all the stragglers even if you plan on transferring at a later date.  ^.^

Alternative to Gilgamesh, page 11

The Three Tails

And I have my characters all lined up... but I can't create them. :(

*Enters password*

>Log In

>Play

>Start

>New Character

>Load Appearance Data: OK

>Save Slot 2: Yes

>Confirm

>Save Appearance Data?: No

>Sixth Umbral Moon: 21st: Confirm

>Azeyma: OK

>Marauder: Confirm

*Scroll down to the bottom to find Balmung*

>Update

*Exasperated sigh*

If you had told me a week ago that this would be my new daily routine, I would have smacked you with a pancake and called you a fool and a liar.

Yet here we are...

And I have my characters all lined up... but I can't create them. :(

*Enters password*

>Log In

>Play

>Start

>New Character

>Load Appearance Data: OK

>Save Slot 2: Yes

>Confirm

>Save Appearance Data?: No

>Sixth Umbral Moon: 21st: Confirm

>Azeyma: OK

>Marauder: Confirm

*Scroll down to the bottom to find Balmung*

>Update

*Exasperated sigh*

If you had told me a week ago that this would be my new daily routine, I would have smacked you with a pancake and called you a fool and a liar.

Yet here we are...

That is exactly the same routine I am going through. Hopefully the server issues lift in a couple of days. It's just very frustrating but I'll be patient. I guess that's the only thing any of us can do, really. Just wait it out.