A sad day

Orin

A quote from Yoshi P from a twiiter link. Looks like a few of us may have to wait before we can get in on some rp action. Both Balmung and Gilgamesh are filled up. So who wants to start kicking out the non rp'ers :)

"Hello, this is FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn Producer and Director, Yoshida.

The maximum expected population limit is nearing for each World, and unless the current World simultaneous connection amount decreases, we are unable to open release the limitation.

In case we do release the limitation, there is a high chance that the corresponding World will crash or cause issues, and we are thinking that it will be difficult for us to release it for a while. We please ask you to consider playing in a World that has a low limitation.

We are sorry for any inconvenience that this may cause and ask to continue with your cooperation.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for posting that information. I had a feeling that was the case.

So are there any plans on designating a third RP server for those who are unable to create characters on Balmung and Gilgamesh?

If not we will gather all of the outcast and take a poll on which server to select. Lets try to keep this post going and reach out to the others who are not gonna be able to get in.

So are there any plans on designating a third RP server for those who are unable to create characters on Balmung and Gilgamesh?

If not we will gather all of the outcast and take a poll on which server to select. Lets try to keep this post going and reach out to the others who are not gonna be able to get in.

First off I want to commend you all for persevering.  With the information you've shared, it's made it necessary to start thinking about new places to expand a growing community (It hasn't even reached official launch yet and they've capped servers).  BUT to call yourselves outcast is hurtful to the rest of us.  "We" didn't say you couldn't join a server.  Many of the people here tried to encourage you and wanted you to join the world we were in.  This is a sad day...

But it's sad for all of us, not just the people who were locked out.

I still hope to see some of you join Gilgamesh or Balmung... server locks will probably go away still imo, because a game does lose subscribers after that initial rush.  Some people buy it, realize it's not for them and move on.  Populations do die down, servers get consolidated, etc etc.

I'm not a moderator or have any real power over this forum or the RPC, but I hope you all find a place to RP, the game is great and should be enjoyed with others, and like you all said before: You aren't alone.

I feel it is a sad day indeed. I am able to login but so many friends who did not have the option to wake up at launch can not access the server.  With Gilgamesh being on lockdown all day,( and even Yoshi P. stating that they have an indeterminate time frame in mind) it is not a bad idea to start looking for an alternative way for those of us who have larger groups to play together.

Our group had no choice, who really wants to lose an entire day of gametime.. and then go back and repeat the same steps?  This community is excellent, but I agree there are going to be some folks left behind.

I myself will be drumming up a linkshell for rp purposes on Faerie with RPers from different games.  These are people I'd like to keep with us, and am a little frustrated that we would have to leave them in the dark.  Especially since they have (most of them) never played a Final Fantasy title.  I do not mind at all getting together with some of you on this newer low population server, so we can tell some great stories and clobber monsters!

Officially, it is nice that there is a full linkshell practically on Gilgamesh waiting for all of us.. but practically it of course is going to take a lot of time for some of us to get there.

I will come up with something formal in the next few days to submit, but I feel for you all.  Launch time is always rough.

Guys I also want to say that I'd really like any of you who were planning to go to Gilgamesh to really consider Balmung, there are a lot of great people playing there and its seriously a good option. You can always come on Gilgamesh once it frees up and make an alt there. Consider Balmung, there is a lot of new fresh blood there to the server who are just starting like many of you. We would -love- to have everyone get in, but if you don't want to wait, please please consider going to Balmung alright?

But if you do wait I can promise you its worth the wait, we are really building something special!

Hope to see you in game!

Guys I also want to say that I'd really like any of you who were planning to go to Gilgamesh to really consider Balmung, there are a lot of great people playing there and its seriously a good option. You can always come on Gilgamesh once it frees up and make an alt there. Consider Balmung, there is a lot of new fresh blood there to the server who are just starting like many of you. We would -love- to have everyone get in, but if you don't want to wait, please please consider going to Balmung alright?

But if you do wait I can promise you its worth the wait, we are really building something special!

Hope to see you in game!

That nice of you to say, but Balmung has had every bit as much problems and issues getting new chars into it as Gilg.

More than ever, we should ask SE for an RP server...

We RPers can't play in any other random server. We're a whole community that must be united, so getting our servers closed isn't something we can simply live with.

Agreed. Even if it's something that has been asked already the bloated servers speak for themselves and so it'd be worth letting them know how they could quite easily ease the burden on at least two of the servers.

We RPers can't play in any other random server. We're a whole community that must be united, so getting our servers closed isn't something we can simply live with.

I would really like to see this, but I am not sure we have enough of a population to get Square to listen to such a request.

Things will clear up. I think it is way too early tos tart talking about allowing a 3rd split.

Honestly, things may "clear up" a month from now, but it's extremely unfair to ask people to not settle down in that first month on the chance that Balmung and Gilgamesh will become readily available again.

I wish it wasn't necessary, but considering we've only seen early access populations so far - and that population is bound to expand rapidly come release and the weeks following - it is not unfounded to consider organizing those left out of Balmung and Gilgamesh to ensure they all end up on the same, third server.

I would really like to see this, but I am not sure we have enough of a population to get Square to listen to such a request.

Role-players tend to be brushed off as a minority, but in actuality they make up a pretty notable chunk of any MMO's population. Typically they're the sort of player that's more likely to stick around even when there's a particularly dry period where fresh content is concerned so even from a business standpoint appeasing them is a very wise move.

If a third server is decided please keep in mind that server transfers will be available in a few weeks. At approximately the same time or a little later server populations tend to experience a steep drop cos players stop playing either because the first month is over or they do not like the game after all. And this will include roleplayers.

At that point players will be able to access Balmung and Gilgamesh, and many players of the third server will probably transfer in an instant to get to friends or enjoy the presumably larger communities there. 

So do not expect for that servert to be a permanent home. Don't get to comfy there cos the RP there will probably dy down at that step, or soon after. Just keep that in mind.

Well.

Considering the crammed servers... suggesting creating a server for ONLY RPers -might- now be listened to. I mean... with free transfers (that could/would include Legacies) to such a server... the 'normal' servers would lose a nice chunk of bodies.

Maybe they wouldn't listen BEFORE... but maybe they will listen NOW.

Otherwise... crammed servers are pissing paying players off- and that is something they can't afford.

Well all servers are being slammed with a low pop cap to test the DF ....

There is nothing wrong with saying "Hey wanna just meet on another server and RP until we can make out people on Balmung or Gilgamesh?"

You can save your character appearance, so that is already a few saved steps for when you make it on Bal or Gil. Then when they come back up, make your char and then continue your RP

I guess for me though, RPing has nothing to do with levels.  I enjoy RPing as much at level 1 here as I do on my level 95 on EQ2.  The only exception is the places you can RP in.  That's it.

Just my 2 cactaurs :cactuar::cactuar:

I have to say (even though it's been my first day here) that reading through the forums in regards to a possible third server or the gilgamesh/balmung overpopulation issue, I'm kinda disheartened  by what I see.

"Well I'm having fun on Gilgamesh/Balmung, why aren't you? Oh, you can't create on the server? Not my problem." Seems to be the response/reasoning I get from those who are already on the server. And for those who can't, feel really left out and abandoned by the greater community. And yes, though those servers may free up shortly after launch or so- It'll mean that the involvement in the community and the character building between people will have been pretty much set, and fall into such clique-like attitudes that ultimately made me retire from WoW and SWTOR.

Yes, we have the ability to band together on another server (which is why me and a buddy will be checking out Behemoth/Faeire) but the fact of the matter is the greater community now seems even further out of their reach due to server caps and their own disposition.

Don't get me wrong, I do not have the want or right to judge anyone, but I will say that I wish the greater community on this site was a little more supportive of their wayward compatriots. Once they expand the servers, or people start leaving Gil, I'd love to give it a shot, because I've been out of the RP game for a minute now and found this a perfect avenue to come back to it... But please, be a little bit more compassionate in your approach to others just looking for guidance on what to do.

Soapbox away, thank you for your time.

I have to say (even though it's been my first day here) that reading through the forums in regards to a possible third server or the gilgamesh/balmung overpopulation issue, I'm kinda disheartened  by what I see.

"Well I'm having fun on Gilgamesh/Balmung, why aren't you? Oh, you can't create on the server? Not my problem." Seems to be the response/reasoning I get from those who are already on the server. And for those who can't, feel really left out and abandoned by the greater community. And yes, though those servers may free up shortly after launch or so- It'll mean that the involvement in the community and the character building between people will have been pretty much set, and fall into such clique-like attitudes that ultimately made me retire from WoW and SWTOR.

Yes, we have the ability to band together on another server (which is why me and a buddy will be checking out behemoth, since it seems to be the only one sincerely suggested outside of Faeire) but the fact of the matter is the greater community now seems even further out of their reach due to server caps and their own disposition.

Don't get me wrong, I do not have the want or right to judge anyone, but I will say that I wish the greater community on this site was a little more supportive of their wayward compatriots. Once they expand the servers, or people start leaving Gil, I'd love to give it a shot, because I've been out of the RP game for a minute now and found this a perfect avenue to come back to it... But please, be a little bit more compassionate in your approach to others just looking for guidance on what to do.

Soapbox away, thank you for your time.

Putting everyone under the same assumption is bad enough as the lack of compassion you speak of. One or two people do not speak on the entirety of a server. Fact is I have friends on BOTH servers. I feel HORRIBLE that people cannot get into their server of choice. I do not feel indifferent to those and their situations, nor do I wish to -abandon- them. Right now many of us are daling with the fact that many of our friends cannot get on their servers of choice. I think honestly it sucks, and I have personally asked in threads like this one for people to for example hit Balmung if it opens before Gilgamesh because rping -somewhere- is better than rping nowhere. Now if people decide that they must absolutely play on a non legacy server before they can roll an alt on Balmung then the only thing I can urge is that everyone bands together and heads to a server to start up a community there. Fact is that at this point we don't know what is going to happen. I know it sucks to hear "be patient be patient". I've personally told many of the community that have mentioned going to Behemoth that that community was mainly to be found on the beta forums. There are also some here who have chosen Leviathan as their home. Not many but some, again the majority of these folk are from the beta forums as the groups going to Behemoth and Leviathan seem to have an issue with the RPC (I have no idea of what it is, so I cannot tell you. Either way it is not important).

So all I can say is good luck to whatever server you guys who are not able to go to Balmung or Gilgamesh choose to go to. To the poster who was proactive and heading to Sargeras (sp?) I wish you luck. I also hope that you all are proactive enough to build up your community because nobody is going to do it for you but yourselves. This is no slight in anyway. This is something that we who were here who ended up on Gilgamesh had to do. We had our trials and tribulations and more than enough disagreements and debates, we also had to be proactive and make sure that people who came here knew they had two choices instead of one. Communities do not build themselves. As the comments of certain individuals do not stand for the mindset or feelings of others, so please do not as they say "lump all of us together" because that is not the case. Nobody picked Gilgamesh for selfish reasons or to lock anyone out. We played there during phase 3, liked the feel of the place and decided that is where we would like to be. For quite some time because this server was Balmung centric the much smaller Gilgamesh group decided that we would have to recruit our roleplayers from the server itself. There was just not a lot of interest as a whole here for Gilgamesh, we could not foresee how many people were going to want to join us around this time, and trust me we went everywhere telling people what was happening on Gilgamesh including advertising during phase 3 and 4.

I am personally saying sorry to many of you who have joined this site late and wanted to join us. Many of us knew the issues associated with Gilgamesh's high population numbers and did what we had to as far as getting in and making sure we got a spot. I want all of you who want to come with us to join us, but I also know the pain of waiting to get into something that you already paid for. So all I can ask is do the roleplay community a great service and establish something great on whatever server you all go to. Something worth talking about, and another great choice for roleplayers to choose. I personally have no issue with more choices if organized correctly.

I will only say one thing that I told many going to Gilgamesh at first. You are responsible for the life or death of the roleplay community on your server. If it lives or dies it is by the commitment you all put into it. If it dies its your fault as procrastination and feet dragging make nothing grow but dust. Create something great, stand strong and more importantly stand together. Because nobody else is going to do it for you. So start organizing if you all haven't already, and if you need anything, ideas, anything please just ask because you are roleplayers like I am and I am rooting you on as many of us are despite any naysayers. I nor anyone else can ask you to wait to join us. You paid your money like all of us. You deserve to get your money's worth.

I will also ask to take into account that many here are hearing these issues brought to them everyday. So peoples feelings on the matter are high. Many had an issue with the designation of Gilgamesh, and will not be able to tolerate what they consider yet another split. I say the hell with this, you cannot fight over where people wish to go nor can you claim ownership of them as if they are some sort of branded cattle. They paid their money too, they deserve their experience. All I ask is please understand that something like this incurs heated discussion and some may not have the proper or more diplomatic words to express how they feel. Whether selfish or not, people will have their opinions good or bad. Do not look at them as bad people. Just do what you must for yourselves to enjoy what -you- paid for. This does not mean there are cliques or anything of the sort. An individual counts as one and not as many. Trust me when I say that many who are on both servers feel terrible that their friends cannot join them. I can swear on this implicitly, I am hurt that a close friend may be leaving us to join friends of hers that cannot join her on Gilgamesh. We had a lot of plans and now those plans may be broken.

Do what you all must do and make a lot of noise, good luck with the endeavor. I wouldn't mind having another place to make an alt. If a server has not been picked I would also suggest Fairie or Adamantoise since it seems as if those do not overpopulate. Correct me if I am wrong.

I say Behemoth.

Behemoth is as packed as Gilgamesh at the moment.

[Rant]

I don't want the community to split even further, either. It's already bad that a bunch of RPers decided to go to a second server, and I swear that it's the very first time I've ever seen such a thing happen in a community of RPers, which are a minority to start with. The last thing we need is a third split.

I feel sad thinking about all the wonderful characters and stories I'll be missing, just because, for one reason or another, the community was unable to remain freaking united. It does suck. Any sort of split sucks.

[/rant]