New FF14 Interview: What you hated in beta is here to stay

Aveline

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think one of the main reasons they do not want an AH in game is because of the gold farmers. In my personal opinion SE hates gold farmers with a passion. I like that, but...

I don't think its wise they should shut down core abilities like AHs in game for everyone because of group of low life scum try to use it to destroy the economy. This is only going to encourage gold farmer shouts. hey buy this, hey buy this, hey buy this, and people shouting all over what they need.

I say bring the AH back but with a twist.

1. You can only post some item on the AH up to 300% of its market value. This way nothing gets way over the top. I don't want to buy a single earth shard for 10,000 gil, when its worth may be 33 gil at 300%. We really need to place a cap on how much something is worth. Eat it gold farmers. Of course this means gold farmers will try for the most expensive stuff.... but then they already do.

1A. Keep your retainers able to post up to 500-1000% price of the item. So this keeps both retainer and AH worthwhile. In theory this will keep all the normal day to day items in the AH, the ones you just need to get rid of and not get much profit, and the retainers can be used for all your really wanted valuable items. So if a gold farmers wants profit, they use retainers , this will also make it harder for them to sell, because most people are lazy and don't want to go to wards trying to hunt down an item.

2. Better search system is needed. I hated trying to find my item I needed in the AH, and having to look up the item on the net just to find it was not in beastmade but under Misc. Keep the ability to look up past going prices. I loved that.

3. Novel idea as well for AH, and retainer. Have the ability for automatic price lowering. So if something does not sell within a certain amount of time, like hours or days, it will drop its price by a % you say. It will continue to drop in price until it reaches a minimum that you set. You can set this to OFF if you don't want it to drop.

4. Have a CAP on how much gil you can Trade and get in Trade have a cooldown of 2-4 hours. Yeah I understand its annoying and controversial. As you level increases so does your gil CAP. So level 1 newly made piece of crap gold farmers can't unload 1,000,000 gil to someone. Also a level one trying to buy gil can't get said 1,000,000. This forces the gold farmers to have multiple characters and/or subscriptions, and forces them to get higher level, and thus in time pay for the game. This CAP is no affected by the AH or retainers, only trade gil, and not affected by trade items. So in theory you could trade items to someone and they can sell them for gil. Backpack space is its own cap.

Honestly I rather have this in place then no auction house.

far fetch ideas I know.

I like your ideas, Sass! I want to stress, though, S-E does want an auction house in place. They aren't implementing it right away because they want the player economy to establish itself first through bazaars (for whatever reasons; they haven't specifically said why yet). The buildings are already in the game, the map markers, etc. We just can't go inside of them yet.

I think one of the main reasons they do not want an AH in game is because of the gold farmers. In my personal opinion SE hates gold farmers with a passion. I like that, but...

I don't think its wise they should shut down core abilities like AHs in game for everyone because of group of low life scum try to use it to destroy the economy. This is only going to encourage gold farmer shouts. hey buy this, hey buy this, hey buy this, and people shouting all over what they need.

I say bring the AH back but with a twist.

1. You can only post some item on the AH up to 300% of its market value. This way nothing gets way over the top. I don't want to buy a single earth shard for 10,000 gil, when its worth may be 33 gil at 300%. We really need to place a cap on how much something is worth. Eat it gold farmers. Of course this means gold farmers will try for the most expensive stuff.... but then they already do.

1A. Keep your retainers able to post up to 500-1000% price of the item. So this keeps both retainer and AH worthwhile. In theory this will keep all the normal day to day items in the AH, the ones you just need to get rid of and not get much profit, and the retainers can be used for all your really wanted valuable items. So if a gold farmers wants profit, they use retainers , this will also make it harder for them to sell, because most people are lazy and don't want to go to wards trying to hunt down an item.

2. Better search system is needed. I hated trying to find my item I needed in the AH, and having to look up the item on the net just to find it was not in beastmade but under Misc. Keep the ability to look up past going prices. I loved that.

3. Novel idea as well for AH, and retainer. Have the ability for automatic price lowering. So if something does not sell within a certain amount of time, like hours or days, it will drop its price by a % you say. It will continue to drop in price until it reaches a minimum that you set. You can set this to OFF if you don't want it to drop.

4. Have a CAP on how much gil you can Trade and get in Trade have a cooldown of 2-4 hours. Yeah I understand its annoying and controversial. As you level increases so does your gil CAP. So level 1 newly made piece of crap gold farmers can't unload 1,000,000 gil to someone. Also a level one trying to buy gil can't get said 1,000,000. This forces the gold farmers to have multiple characters and/or subscriptions, and forces them to get higher level, and thus in time pay for the game. This CAP is no affected by the AH or retainers, only trade gil, and not affected by trade items. So in theory you could trade items to someone and they can sell them for gil. Backpack space is its own cap.

Honestly I rather have this in place then no auction house.

far fetch ideas I know.

Quoted for the win that it is! Someone put it on the Beta forums FAST!!

I'm fine with this. The second the AH is put into the game' date=' RMT will swoop in and ruin the economy,ala Aion style. I would rather go a few months with players stabilizing the economy through trades.[/quote']

Did anyone here play Lineage 2? It was/is notoriously one of the worst RMT games out there and they work on a bazaar system (though, I think they may have added a limited AH recently).

The RMT people controlled the market because they would buy low and sell high, just like you do on the AH.

RMT were such a major force in L2 due to the sole fact that every mob had a chance of dropping very very rare items that they could just bot the hell out of and then sell for insane amounts of cash.

I agree with Tadir. Different gear/items/whatever have different values to different people. Setting limits (on either end of the spectrum) seems inhibitive.

I do love Sass's suggestions #2 and #3 however! :approve:

Stats don't influence mana' date=' it's cause the caster classes get some mana regen abilities later on.[/quote']

I don't believe I said Stats influence mana, I was just curious if he was putting more points in Int to make up for the 'ineffeciency' with pure DPS, or Piety for more Accuracy or a mix.

Every 5 points I get I put 3 into Int, 1 into Piety and 1 into Vitality.

You need Pie too! Pie is accuracy!

Though I'll admit I'm not exactly sure how it all works out, but I know putting pts in Dex makes me miss less in melee, so I'm guessing Pie would help make your spells miss less, too.

Pie = Magic Acc

Dex= Melee Acc

Vit= dmg taken

str = dmg done

Vit and str go off each other to determine how much dmg is done

Int is magic dmg I believe

Mind is magic resistance

those 2 are the same as str and vit I Believe.