What is going on this morning?

I normally don't have issues around 7 or 8am PST logging in, but this morning there is a plethora of issues...no access to "START" the game due to "Lobby" connection issues, then the lovely error 1017, and then just a blank character select screen. Has it just gone retarded? I finally get to my days off...and I'm welcomed to utter frustration. Is ANYONE able to get in and play this morning? Or are the servers filled with AFKers?

I've been ranting about this on the maintenance thread but I'm suspecting the AFKers.

...Or maybe I just really dislike the AFKers.

But no, really, I've been online since about 10am or so here (is that 2am or 5am for you guys?) and despite having no issues, I did get hit with a queue upon trying to log in. It seems to have gotten worse through the day, and it's not even peak time yet so I assume the worst is yet to come.

That is to say I've been attempting logins for the past two hours before I stopped and considered for a moment "what am I doing, why" and decided it really, really wasn't worth the trouble and frustration. :c

Good luck trying to get in, regardless!

It took me about 20 minutes or so this morning (around 8:30-9am CST) before I was able to hop on. Seriously, if you haven't picked up that autohotkey thing just yet... It's a big help. Set it and go do something else for a while. With luck, by the time you get back, you'll be in game.

A fellow forum user has even put up a script for us. Check it out.

It probably really isn't helping with the server problems but it'll help you get in.

Now I made it in... sitting in my inn room, watching the Duty Finder counter. No Levequests left, no quests left, story is set at, you guessed it, Dungeons. *sighs* I got tired of spamming "ARC LFG". >.<

you can always do what myself and my friend have taken to doing. Go to the front door, look for people with the que symbol above their head and invite them to a party. Get at least one ACN in your group and it won't be too bad. get two and the dungeons are a breeze.(at least up through Halatali)

I've been trying to log in since Friday morning (excluding only Saturday night cause I was busy larping)

It's the long weekend in USA and Canada (Labor Day) so it's no surprise.

Maintenance is Wednesday and by then they should have more servers were people (hopefully non-Rpers) can run off to.

It took me exactly one hour and fifteen minutes of num pad 0 spam, lobby rebooting and copious amounts of patience to get in today. Honestly, if you’d ask me I’d say it was worth it. The lobby is indeed very misleading. It will tell you that the servers are down, it will boot you, and it would have you believe that your character no longer exists. Resume the struggle and fight it my friends, once more into the breach!

(Disclaimer, after listening to 5 second snippets of the same menu music over the time it would take to fly to Barcelona, my mind may have been addled somewhat, my apologies.)

From the Loadstone

At the following time, we will be performing maintenance on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn to perform the operations listed below. During this period, FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn will be unavailable.

[Details]

- Addition of new Worlds

- Implementation of countermeasures to handle the influx of concurrent user counts as a result of split processing the duty finder

- Address several known issues

* Clients will update automatically upon launch after the date and time below.

* We will announce details of the fixes at a later time.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your understanding.

[Date & Time]

From Sep. 3, 2013 5:00 p.m. to Sep. 4, 2013 3:00 a.m. (PDT)

* The completion time may be subject to change.

[Affected Service]

FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn

This should mean that Wed. morning we will see the new servers and the problem will hopefully be fixed.