Quotes defining your character

Trigonxv

Hm, I came up with two quotes that usually fit for my character.

There is the short "Nobody's Hero" which also is an anagram for "Honor by Dose" meaning you earn your honor a step at a time. The full of the first is "I'm not the bad guy, but I'm nobody's hero."

Then to explain some morals for a past character was:

"If I can justify it to myself, I can do anything."

I have two quotes for Siobhain, one I think was inspired by some movie... An Arthur movie maybe?

"Often peace is found only on the far side of war."

The other is one she has said before in RP (in Skype) and will likely say again.

"People choose their paths; They want to believe they control their destinies... but when fortune forsakes us, they are swift to blame those gods they would not credit with the goodness of their lives."

Pretty much sums up everything about her philosophy towards others who are no longer or have never been devout.

The last is a quote from Lycurgus of Sparta.

"A city is well-fortified which has a wall of men instead of brick." 

Though I don't use the quote directly, this also summarizes one of Siobhain's philosophies-- that you can build the strongest walls and castles but investing time in the training and development of good soldiers is incomparable and necessary.

“‎It isn't enough to stand up and fight darkness. You've got to stand apart from it, too. You've got to be different from it.” -Jim Butcher, Fool Moon

“Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never—in nothing, great or small, large or petty—never give in, except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force. Never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.” -Winston Churchill

"The fairest things have fleetest end, Their scent survives their close: But the rose's scent is bitterness To him that loved the rose." - Francis Thompson

Because Rico's a doofus. xD

Dogberry

“Now I see that I will never find the light

Unless, like the candle, I am my own fuel,

Consuming myself.”- Bruce Lee

"Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." - Miguel de Cervantes

"Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend." - Albert Camus

Fresh Bread

"If, after I depart this vale, you ever remember me and have thought to please my ghost, forgive some sinner and wink your eye at some homely girl." - H.L. Mencken

"Is there a place for the hopeless sinner that has hurt all mankind just to save his own?" - Bob Marley

"Oh, I was so much older then, I'm younger than that now." - Bob Dylan

Even though R'edh is a boy, I think this one is quite fitting.

"She did not need much, wanted very little. A kind word, sincerity, fresh air, clean water, a garden, kisses, books to read, sheltering arms, a cosy bed, and to love and be loved in return." — Starra Neely Blade

Here are a few other quotes that I find match R'edh:

"Isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?" — L.M. Montgomery

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see." — John Burroughs

"That’s who you really like. The people you can think out loud in front of." — John Green

"Because no matter how tired you were, you smiled like it was nothing." — Nell.

I never thought of doing something like this. It's a pretty fun idea.

"He that studies revenge keepeth his own wounds green, which otherwise would heal and do well."

-John Milton

"Nobody can be so amusingly arrogant as a young man who has just discovered an old idea and thinks it is his own."

-Sydney J. Harris

"Men are what their mothers made them."

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

"That boy ain't right."

-Hank Hill

“That which yields is not always weak.” 

― Jacqueline CareyKushiel's Dart

“All knowledge is worth having” 

― Jacqueline CareyKushiel's Dart

“She was as one who, in madness, was resolute to throw herself from a precipice, but to whom some remnant of sanity remained which forced her to seek those who would save her from herself.” 

― Anthony TrollopeCan You Forgive Her?

“I want to try making things right because picking up the pieces is way better than leaving them the way they are.” 

― Simone ElkelesPerfect Chemistry

I love searching for quotes. Quotes make me happy.

Ooh, I love quotes!!  A few of the more appropriate ones for Eva follow:

“Take what you can have, rejoice in what you can save, and don't mourn your losses too long.”

― Robert Jordan

“A bone to the dog is not charity. Charity is the bone shared with the dog, when you are just as hungry as the dog.”

― Jack London

“One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth doing is what we do for others.”

― Lewis Carol

“All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.”

― Edmund Burke

“Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.”

― Kahlil Gibran