Interracial Couples in FFXIV

YesGood

Before anyone gets anything in a knot, I'm talking about the races -of- FFXIV.

So, we're probably all familiar with interracial couples in all kinds of MMOs. For me, it was WoW and SWTOR. Except for humans and Blood Elves, there was a lot of... interracial things going on. Orcs x Trolls Trolls x Elves Goblin x Orcs Humans x Nelfs Humans x Draenei Dranei x Nelves Dwarves x Gnomes, and so on and so forth until everyone is paired up with someone outside their race.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I -love- male Trolls more than any other species in any other game -period-. However, I never had a character get together with one.

So, there's a few topics here that I hope won't lead to too much controversy, and in an effort to achieve that, we'll break them down into two categories:

Category A: You, OOCLY

1. Are there any any races you particularly love the opposite (or same) gender of? The models, the history, the lore, anything.

2. How do you view interracial couples in -game-? Specifically, let's not get into a debate about whether or not it's 'gross' to you as a person or if there are too many people doing it.

3. Do your OOC feelings towards a particular race make you more open or affect what your character is looking for when they're either flirting around, pursuing romance, or just, in general, acting differently towards those individuals.

Category B: Your character

1. Does your character seek friends or partners based predominantly on race?

2. How does your character view interracial pairings and are their feelings different from your own?

So, for me...

A-1. As I said I loved Trolls in WoW, and I can't help this... I love male Miqo'tes, Elezen, and Highlander Hyur. Their character models are so pretty and they just have nice shapes-- although I have to say the stance, run, sit, and so on of male Miqo'tes is just so aesthetically pleasing that I want to draw them in all three and suffer because my skills just aren't good enough. I sort of wish Midlander Hyur stood the same way, but I love their run.

A-2. I think there are a lot of them. Kind of scares me as someone brought up, potential Lalafell + anything-else-in-a-physical-sense. Otherwise it all seems to be acceptable in this game, whereas in WoW, interracial pairings except for High Elves/Humans or Humans/Dragons weren't really looked at so I sort of assume they're a bit abnormal for the world.

A-3. My OOC stance on my character does affect my decisions. It's not as though I don't love male Roegadyn, I really do and they're, of course, perfect for my character's height. I honestly didn't think I'd like male Miqo'te until I saw them in game because the art just didn't surprise me. They can be rather manly looking. When Siobhain was written, I wanted her to have a gentle, awkward side that loves Lalafell and Miqo'te like babies and kittens; it's one of her very few strange quirks. I intended that she'd treat both males and females of both races as cute, tiny things in need of protection. While the idea of my Roe with -any- male of another race is kind of cute in the sense that it's just a bit unique (instead of a giant male with a tiny female, it's a giant female with a tiny male), it's not a decision-maker for me.

B-1. In Siobhain's case, no, she pretty much feels a kinship with anyone so long as they either share her religious or moral views as well as her respect for the craft of war or blacksmithing. She does have a natural aversion to Roegadyn men, specifically Hellsguard, due to her experiences with her brother Klarimel, her father, and other Roegadyn bullies as a child. 

B-2. I think Siobhain thinks it's a little strange. Especially for Miqo'te males. There are so few of them, she'd probably a bit worried that they should be keeping it in their species to make sure there are more male Miqo'tes. She worries about male Hellsguard being with -any- female other than a Roegadyn woman because she has an innate fear that most women of other races are more delicate than she is, and thus, would likely treat any pairing of a non-Roe with a Hellsguard male with a bit of suspicion, watching for signs of abuse. She likely looks after female Miqo'te and female Lalafell for the same reason, afraid they might be abused or harassed or otherwise harmed or offended by a male. Siobhain is something of a white knight in her own mind, feeling maternally protective over smaller women and she would step in against any male, even on the off-chance he was bigger than she is.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll keep it nice and simply sweet as I am pretty open.

Category A:

1: None in particular, for me, I enjoy all the races; weird as that sounds, I'm quite one who just goes 'Woot' and pick Random. (And my own sexuality plays a part in that too.)

2: No aversion at all, more the merrier. Love is love and everyone should experience it, even if it ends tragically, as they say, it's better to love and lost than to have never loved at all. 

3: Not at all, but with me being as I am, it really depends on the character I am playing with, they all react to flirting differently, more so some other than all. For example, Lost is flirtatious with any race and gender, especially with the drink. Lucinne likes strong men and gentle women, although she'd be embarrassed to admit the last part. And Orella, well, she just prefers the buff hunky men of Hyur (both Midlander and Highlander), but will not turn her head away to those who proven otherwise of a different race.

- So there we go, an open woman for anything, one who is bi-curious, and one who is heterosexual. Two which are open for any race, one which is hesitant but willing to overlook past her preference. 

Category B:

1: Only Orella does, Lost is flamboyant and exciting, Lucinne is a bit shy when it comes to the relationship ordeal (being a Duskwight).

2: I tried my best to have a variety, and with how it goes, I managed to do that. Each character to be different and not just by what they would go to bed with or marry. But as an integral part of their character. I made those decisions too!

Category C:

Of course Sio is that way, it's why she needs another female Roe in her life. Like Lost, of course, Hellsguard men? Pssh, forget them, what about a Hellsguard woman? There you go! ^_~

The only thing I could think of while reading this was:

"Any woman from any race (Other then Highlander) with a Hyur Highlander male would be dwarfed by his size. Quite literally. And the chiropractor's of the world would see a huge influx of business at some point due to this."

Anyway, good read. And some good point's made. I tend to not look at thing so lore-wise as to deny a chance for something to work.

Though I must say Female Miqo are freakishly cute. Can't stand it. GIMME YO EARS TO RUB!

1-A: I honestly do not OOC this. I let my character dictate their preferences. Although in a lore sense, I will say Wildwoods, Duskies, and Keepers are my favorites

2-A: interracial couples are fine with me, so long as they are rp'd believably. There are inherent difficulties with an interracial couple that should be part of the romance. Such as probable inability to produce offspring, and how they might be perceived by others.

3-A: to an extent, yes. I would be hard pressed to seriously flirt with a Lalafell. Sorry shorties!

1-B: Isielin definitely had a set guideline of preferences going into her story. She would be rather open to a female Miqo'te, Elezen (both races for both) or midlander. For Males she would be pretty receptive to Wildwoods or Midlanders. She ended up with a female Keeper.

2-B: Isielin has never felt bad about her interracial pairing, nor has she seen it as a problem with others. However, she has felt bad about the inability to provide her mate with offspring.

2-B: Isielin has never felt bad about her interracial pairing, nor has she seen it as a problem with others. However, she has felt bad about the inability to provide her mate with offspring.

Do the best thing then, adopt a child! Perhaps a Duskwight Elezen, seeing as they're the kicking post a lot. Give one a nice good home!

1. Are there any any races you particularly love the opposite (or same) gender of? The models, the history, the lore, anything. 

I am a shallow person, and as a shallow person, I like all the pretty models (Miqo'te, Midlander Hyur, Elezen). Lalafell are adorable, but too young-looking. Highlanders and Roegadyn are too manly.

OK but seriously, looks aside, I don't actually have a particular preference. I like the lore as a whole.

2. How do you view interracial couples in -game-? Specifically, let's not get into a debate about whether or not it's 'gross' to you as a person or if there are too many people doing it.

The lore obviously supports interracial boinking, at least as far as prostitution is concerned, so I don't see why not. Some couples may be... difficult... mostly due to body differences (I'm looking specifically at Lalafells and... anyone else), but seriously - every humanoid race can communicate, which by default means they can bond, which by default also means they can bond romantically. Physical attraction would factor in, so interracial couples may be less common, but they certainly seem possible to me.

3. Do your OOC feelings towards a particular race make you more open or affect what your character is looking for when they're either flirting around, pursuing romance, or just, in general, acting differently towards those individuals.

Nope. I may have created my character, but they are a separate entity from me. Sure, there are things I would be uncomfortable playing due to OOC reasons, and some traits I wouldn't ever want a character of mine to have (I'm not a fan of the sadist evil for the sake of evil types, for instance), but nothing related to any of the races.

I have several working concepts, but my current main definitely does not. She's a tribeless Miqo'te, so she could never afford to be particularly choosy re: who to interact with or what race they are.

2. How does your character view interracial pairings and are their feelings different from your own?

She is tribeless, as far as she is aware, because her parents broke a tribal rule (she was sired by a Tia) and were cast out, so she has certain... reservations about couples which may be considered taboo. I'm not sure whether or not interracial couples would be taboo in every single case, or at all, but she would be wary of anything that is outside of the conventional, since she saw how it affected her parents and, of course, how it personally affected her as their child.

Worth noting she does not believe she herself should be in a relationship, interracial or no.

Do the best thing then, adopt a child! Perhaps a Duskwight Elezen, seeing as they're the kicking post a lot. Give one a nice good home!

Hehe... they did have their eye on adopting a midlander girl, but story circumstances have put that on hold 3 Also, Izzy is a Wildwood, so Duskie child and Keeper mate..... crazy ass family right there xD

interesting post!

I rather love the Elezen duskwrights myself, they have great potential same the hyur and rhoegan,  dislike the miqot'es a tad but that sdue to the sheer volume of them.

And I think ill have a great fun challenge to get my duskwright coupled to a wildwood due to their rocky passed and all.

Sure why the hell not.. just I dont know about.. lalafells really.. probally because im worried they will use its. "childish and looks" for child rp etc. (it probally wont, but just how I feel / think )

but overall I say.. why the heck not go for it if it makes your char happy etc.

I suppose not..my character usually makes lewd comments regardless of gender / person / race.. but she generally only pursues elezen / hyur partners.. I ofcourse will admit im not the best rper and that sometimes my personal feeling get in the way of ic feelings but.. thats my issue.

Friends no..  but partners yes.. nimi's picky as hell and doubt she will find anyone that would really fit her unless made in that specific way, add to that she only would look at a female prospect

thats why I pretty much set my char in a way that well she wont find it, and if she does its going to take alot of effort.. so to speak.

not really, my character scoffs the idea of love and partners. as she is quite.. cold shoulderd(does that sound right?)

due to previous experiences, and pretty much thinks of love as a weakness that can get you killed. shes got a cynical view and will often retort when ask in a heavily sarcastic way,

Guess I was suppose to reply with this like a fill-in-the-blank. Okie dokie.

1. Are there any any races you particularly love the opposite (or same) gender of? The models, the history, the lore, anything. As said before, Miqo female's. They are very hard for me to not stare at. And I find the Hyur Highlander Male's the most aesthetically pleasing. Like all races equally though. Lore, history and everything.

2. How do you view interracial couples in -game-? Specifically, let's not get into a debate about whether or not it's 'gross' to you as a person or if there are too many people doing it. Nope, no problem with it. I would only look twice at a Lalafell + Highlander combo. HOW DOES THAT EVEN WORK!? But I would be fine.

3. Do your OOC feelings towards a particular race make you more open or affect what your character is looking for when they're either flirting around, pursuing romance, or just, in general, acting differently towards those individuals. Nope. Simple. Nope.

1. Does your character seek friends or partners based predominantly on race? Nope. Open minded, he is. *Yoda Voice*

2. How does your character view interracial pairings and are their feelings different from your own? He can be a little biased and make comment's, but has nothing against them personally. Jokes will be flung.

Category A:

- There's usually a handful of playable races that I'm fond of in pretty much every MMO that I've played, bar a few exceptions. I tend to rely more upon the official concept art when envisioning a particular race as it tends to allow for much more variety than the playable models do. I was very fond of male blood elves and male night elves back in WoW for this very reason. I wasn't too keen on the character models themselves, though. Their stances and animations always felt a little off and the charm of the original portrayal of the race was lost in the transition from Warcraft 3 to WoW itself. Still, I loved the lore surrounding both races - at least before they were dragged into the orc/human circle-jerk that drove my partner and I away from the game - and had a lot of fun role-playing one. Typically I'm fond of elves that are both handsome and gritty. It's a large reason as to why I'm looking forward to TESO (The Elder Scrolls Online) as it'll be providing that rather well!

In terms of FFXIV I'm rather fond of miqo'te males that use the same face that my avatar displays and the 'nicer' two hyur highlander male faces. The midlander men are...alright, I suppose - if a tad too bland for my liking. I'm a lot pickier when it comes to women, since I'd love to see more 'Nigella Lawson' and less 'Paris Hilton' where character models are concerned.

- Honestly? I see them as rather overdone. Both in terms of the canon lore and player characters. It seems like I'm more likely to stumble across interracial couples in MMO's than same-race pairings. Even in regards to races that are meant to be xenophobic and very  keen on tradition. WoW was notorious for this - often pairing female high elves with human men (despite humans being responsible for almost obliterating their race) and FFXIV seems to show more miqo'te females with the other races rather than other miqo'te. I'm also not fond of pairing bestial races with non-bestial races in sexual relationships. I don't care how people try to twist it, it's still touching dangerously close on bestiality for my liking.

As a rule of thumb, though? I don't tend to bother with role-players who blatantly make excessive sex and romance the driving force behind their character. It tends to get old pretty fast and usually comes with the unwanted baggage of break-up drama. I've seen entire guilds fall apart due to this, so that's certainly contributed towards my view.

- Partially, though I try to avoid it. I don't tend to develop my character around what would get me hard, so as much as I'd find it hot to pair a male blood elf with a male night elf or two male miqo'te with each other I'm...not likely to do that. I also very rarely make characters that are flirty, since it often sends out the wrong message in a role-playing community. The amount of times my rogue back in WoW got asked for ERP when flirting with other characters in an attempt to get them to drop their guard so he could rob them was ridiculous.

- In some cases, yes. My current character is more likely to open up to a traditional miqo'te than anything else. He'll still open up to other characters, it'll just take a bit longer. I don't view role-play as an activity that involves befriending anything and everything that stumbles across my character's path. A bit of conflict and rivalry can make it much more interesting.

- He isn't too bothered provided it isn't flaunted. He sees romance and lust as a very private thing and dislikes it when it's paraded around. He also isn't fond of...incompatible anatomy, so if a lalafell was getting it on with hyur highlander he'd be disgusted. I suppose I'm similar in many ways, which is ironic given that I'm happily in a loving relationship.

Orcs x Trolls Trolls x Elves Goblin x Orcs Humans x Nelfs Humans x Draenei Dranei x Nelves Dwarves x Gnomes

Reading this without commas created a horrific nightmare image in my brain. xD

Anyway woo controversy! I mean, uhm, time to answer questions!

Category A.

1. Are there any any races you particularly love the opposite (or same) gender of? The models, the history, the lore, anything.

Aesthetically? Sure. I like pretty much all of them except male highlander and roegadyn (way too steroid-beefy for me, personally), and though I can appreciate the powerful aesthetic of female roegadyn, their noses bother me to a degree that I can't bring myself to play one. Which is sad, because I had been hoping for a Bahmi or Aman-esque race to play in ARR. xD Culturally speaking, I find the miqo'te and elezen the most fascinating, especially Seekers and Duskwight.

OOCly, I don't give a rat's ass. The only time I'm concerned with someone else's roleplay is if it's lore-shattering and getting in the way of my own RP. Otherwise, people can do whatever they want, or whoever they want, I suppose.

Category B.

Antimony is kind of bad at people and doesn't really actively seek friendships per se, and she certainly is not actively looking for any romance. She doesn't particularly discriminate as far as how she behaves towards others, though, especially after spending five years in Limsa Lominsa. She does have sort of an undertone of... uncertainty towards non-Seeker miqo'te, largely because she spent the first 4 decades of her life isolated from the rest of the world, but she adapts. Adapting is far better than the alternative of returning to her past home and family.

Antimony would likely look askance at an interracial couple, perhaps confused at how such things might work. It's not a negative judgment on her part, just the idea bringing up a certain degree of cognitive dissonance. Her former tribe had fairly strict rules regarding couplings, and part of her is still stuck in those traditions. However, perhaps moreso than interracial pairings, she would be very confused by non-tribal Seekers. If she sees a male miqo'te cavorting with a female, her brain automatically labels him as a nunh, which may subtly influence her own interactions with said individual. Likewise for someone she may perceive as a tia.

1. I like everything but the Roe males.

2. I don't think it really matters. If you want to reach into the whole, "if it were real life" then you'd still have large groups of the same races intermingling to maintain those races if there were procreation problems (villages and such). So I don't see why it would matter.

3. I'm sure they do. Iryn has opinions on the other races that were conclusions that I had came to at one time... Like she doesn't like Roe males and not because of her past, but more just doesn't like the brutishness of their apperance...which is what I don't like.

1. No, race will not have a factor in forming bonds. It will probably only effect the depth of the bonds in some cases.

2. Iryn shares her sentiments with me for the most part. She may be a little more vocal about it than I would be.

Orcs x Trolls Trolls x Elves Goblin x Orcs Humans x Nelfs Humans x Draenei Dranei x Nelves Dwarves x Gnomes

Reading this without commas created a horrific nightmare image in my brain. xD

...though I can appreciate the powerful aesthetic of female roegadyn, their noses bother me to a degree that I can't bring myself to play one. race?

...Antimony would likely look askance at an interracial couple, perhaps confused at how such things might work. It's not a negative judgment on her part, just the idea bringing up a certain degree of cognitive dissonance. Her former tribe had fairly strict rules regarding couplings, and part of her is still stuck in those traditions. However, perhaps moreso than interracial pairings, she would be very confused by non-tribal Seekers. If she sees a male miqo'te cavorting with a female, her brain automatically labels him as a nunh, which may subtly influence her own interactions with said individual. Likewise for someone she may perceive as a tia.

1. Sorry about that. =3=; THE ONE TIME I DON'T USE COMMAS! ARGH!

2. You too, huh? FREAKING Gerudo noses. With smudges for the Hellsguard. Though their hips bother me also. The shoulder to hip proportions in game make them look extremely masculine, which I guess is okay for Sio since I -did- say she, in silhouette, -could- be confused for a male Elezen given her size/shoulders.

3. I absolutely adore this. I love that you've taken an idea from the Seeker potential and used it to give her a view of others. Predominantly in the sense that she would subconsciously perceive males in one way or another and thus, intentionally or not, treat them differently at least at first. Beautiful.

I actually like their noses, if only because they'd just essentially be big humans in every way if not for that particular defining trait. It's one of the main reasons as to why I loathed the portrayal of the norn back in GW2 - their only defining physical trait was that they were bigger than humans.

3. I absolutely adore this. I love that you've taken an idea from the Seeker potential and used it to give her a view of others. Predominantly in the sense that she would subconsciously perceive males in one way or another and thus, intentionally or not, treat them differently at least at first. Beautiful.

Thanks! I've had a lot of fun working with other players involved in the Hipparion tribe to establish what I like think is an interesting take on traditional Seeker culture, and it's definitely been a blast roleplaying that perspective in a more cosmopolitan world.

Category A: 

1. Well I am very fond of the Miqo'te, the Keepers of the Moon. I have always admired matriarchal societies and the tribal aspect of cultures.

2. I don't have a problem with this honestly. I am in an interracial union in real life so it seems normal to me. My Seeker will likely be paired with my boyfriends Keeper.

3. My character could be with any one of any race. I try and leave my OOC feelings out it as my opinion about certain ones is very different than hers.

Category B:

1. No Y'Vali cares more about the personality unique to the individual than their race.

I actually like their noses, if only because they'd just essentially be big humans in every way if not for that particular defining trait. It's one of the main reasons as to why I loathed the portrayal of the norn back in GW2 - their only defining physical trait was that they were bigger than humans.

If they were only proportionally larger than humans I might be a bit bummed too. I like Roe noses... SEA WOLF noses. I looked up close on every model I tried to make of a Hellsguard Roegadyn and the unique noses that could grow on me (like Merlwyb's) were mussed by the wet-patch. It's not even the fact it's there, it's the fact it doesn't reach to where the bottom of the nose contacts the upper lip.

It's only halfway on there! Why?! What purpose does it serve?! Is it a tattoo?! Is it a wet-nose?! Why don't males have this problem? Because they have lion-ish noses, they're flat on the bottom and they're all colored in. Females have triangular noses that aren't flat on the bottom so the color doesn't reach all the way down.

It bothers me, perhaps more as an artist than it does as a player. Are they supposed to be like that or did SE just get a little lazy? I don't know. I just don't know.

I like most of them in some way or another. Especially Hyur Males, Elezen females despite their necks bugging me a bit and of course Miqo'te of both genders look cool.

The same way i view them in the real world. Love doesn't have boundries so even if i see a Roegadyn male and a Lalafell female i'll not bat an eyelid.

Nope. My character and me are different entities so what she thinks and what i think are very different.

Friends she would be open to anyone she finds interesting regardless of race. She's kind of shy and nervous due to only fairly recently meeting a lot more people of other races but will open up to just about anyone with the right amount of prompting. Partners she is a traditionalist so only other Miqo'te especially Keepers.

I suppose she doesn't care that much unless it's Miqo'te with partners of other races. She can't understand the idea of pairing other than to further the strength of the tribe so the idea of pairing with a non Miqo'te is alien to her. For people of other races she likely won't get irritated by it but she might question the logic or find it weird.

Interesting topic,

I have had similar conversations, although mine we're more focused on the Undead and blood elves being the two I played during my time there.

A-1: Are there any any races you particularly love the opposite (or same) gender of? The models, the history, the lore, anything.

I am fond of a few of the races, (in particular) Roegadyn, Elezen, and Lalafell. Though for different reasons, the Roegadyn I find charming in the same way as Taurens/Trolls, they just seem like interesting people even if I haven't met them yet. The bluster or brashness of their character can be endearing.

Elezen are the kind of "Formal" beauty I appreciate like Renaissance portraits, Regal is another fitting word I suppose from their Lore to their NPCs, I enjoy depicting or discovering the small maneuvers that come with making your character perceived as "better".

Lalafell i'm fond of in another matter, they look (to me) like a duality, a soft/calm/child-like exterior beguiling a capacity for great/devious/excitable demeanor. I'm interested in the gap between expected and actual. I'll admit though that a large part of it is Momodi, who was very pleasant in 1.0 and coloured my view of them.

A-2. How do you view interracial couples in -game-? Specifically, let's not get into a debate about whether or not it's 'gross' to you as a person or if there are too many people doing it.

I tend to not think much of it from an OCC perspective, i've only roleplayed heavily in two MMO's and they both had a fair amount of it in different groups, so long it is something that can be addressed if it comes up I don't pay it much mind.

A-3. Do your OOC feelings towards a particular race make you more open or affect what your character is looking for when they're either flirting around, pursuing romance, or just, in general, acting differently towards those individuals.

My OCC did a bit tailor my original character development early in 1.0, but I found that through Roleplaying my OCC opinion was changes as well, particularly surrounding Lalafells, at first I treated Momodi and Lalai as exceptions. Though after meeting players and even more characters I've found them some of the most engaging and engaged persons in the realm.

B-1. Does your character seek friends or partners based predominantly on race?

He's more willing to become acquaintances will fellow Duskwight, then Non-Wildwood/Hyur, then Hyur, then Wildwood. After the initial acquaintance, and a few meetings or actions together he usually becomes more receptive to queries or conversation from others.

B-2. How does your character view interracial pairings and are their feelings different from your own?

It depends on the Pairing and the people, his Father was a bit of a romantic so he does try to feel happy for peoples who have found some one to spend time with, but offhandedly dismisses some of the more casual relationships. To a point he often feels sorry for persons who have to be reserved around each other due to outside pressure, and faintly disgusted with those who flaunt their "difference" a "shut up and enjoy it" stance essentially.

Hmm, I could talk about this for hours but i'll stop now,

thanks for the brain food!

1. Miqo'te females and males and Highlander females. Miqo'te are just too pretty and Highlanders, mmm, they look yummy with a hint of roughness....er...ahem.

2. I don't really care as long as there isn't a huge size discrepancy. If I saw a lalafell female and a roegadyn male, I'd probably wonder how she survived!

3. Not really, but again, I don't care much either way in the first place. It's really down to size and physical logistics, but even then, if there's an obvious connection with personalities, well, 'life finds a way' haha.

1. Rinh does prefer fellow miqo'te but she's not averse to other races.

2. She hasn't seen interracial couples at all yet but I can't imagine she'd have much of an opinion about it. She's not so much live and let live, but 'I don't care unless it's me'.

Female Roegs, female Highlanders, and female Elezen turn my crank. Mi'qote girls are kinda shway sometimes. I think the only Lalafell I'd ever make an exception for is Momodi, because she's hilarious.

It's fantasy, man. Do whatevs. Let the cat people fall in love with the acorn gnomes if they want to. Who are we to judge the love a knife-ear and a red Incredible Hulk looking person?

I think for the most part my preferences bleed over into Dogberry, except he's more into Mi'qote than I am. Like me, he's not so much in to Lalafell, but probably wouldn't make the exception for Momodi.

Dogberry is a bit biased toward other Roegadyn. He's more willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, or excuse any of their character flaws, and when dealing with Roegadyn women, there's definitely a difference between how he treats them versus women of other races. For example, even if a Roegadyn allows herself to be called by a more common name, he will insist on using her Roegadyn name as a show of solidarity. His flirting is much more reserved than it is with other women, as well. He feels much more social pressure to settle down with a Roegadyn woman than he does with women of other races. That's not to say he wouldn't consider settling down with another race, but he'd definitely worry about what his family would think. It's entirely likely that he would refuse to introduce his partner to his family, for fear that they'd judge him or, worse, his partner harshly.

Romantically, Dogberry sees most races as potential partners.

Dogberry is also a bit of a jerk toward Lalafells. He has very little experience with them and hasn't gone out of his way to change that. He sees them as cutesy stereotypes rather than as people. I think so far he's only met one that had a personality he could see as "normal". The rest, right or wrong, he just kind of dismisses. It's definitely not his best quality.

He thinks they're fine, but like I said, still has a hard time if he sees a Roegadyn in a serious relationship with a non-Roegadyn, even if he were to be in a serious interracial relationship at the time. In this way, Dogberry is a gigantic grey hypocrite. He had a very pro-Roegadyn chauvinistic upbringing, and when that clashes with reality the cognitive dissonance is palpable.

ooc me

1. For history and lore that would be the Elezens of Coerthas (Ishgardians). For visual only, there is one single face on Keeper males that I love to look at.

2. I'm the worst person to ask this, I think it's rather silly and overdone unless the races are close genetically, so seeker-keeper or highlander-midlanders. I am sorry I dislike special snowflake and stretching or canon lore and fanfic. The day I see cross-racial being  a common occurence in FF14, not possible vague dev talk but actual npc's in-game at many places I will gladly revise my views.

3. Unfortunately yes for the sake of a realistic RP experience. If I play a Miqo'te I cannot see how such a genetically different race would be attracted to lets say a roegadyn or a lalafell. Since I prefer to play with RPers seeking the same canon lore realistic experience I am trying to get from ff14, it's usually not a problem.

ic

1. All my characters would seek within their own race and category first maybe open up within the same race

2. They would not understand and pass it as a joke to make people react.

ooc me

1. For history and lore that would be the Elezens of Coerthas (Ishgardians). For visual only, there is one single face on Keeper males that I love to look at.

2. I'm the worst person to ask this, I think it's rather silly and overdone unless the races are close genetically, so seeker-keeper or highlander-midlanders. I am sorry I dislike special snowflake and stretching or canon lore and fanfic. The day I see cross-racial being  a common occurence in FF14, not possible vague dev talk but actual npc's in-game at many places I will gladly revise my views.

3. Unfortunately yes for the sake of a realistic RP experience. If I play a Miqo'te I cannot see how such a genetically different race would be attracted to lets say a roegadyn or a lalafell. Since I prefer to play with RPers seeking the same canon lore realistic experience I am trying to get from ff14, it's usually not a problem.

ic

1. All my characters would seek within their own race and category first maybe open up within the same race

2. They would not understand and pass it as a joke to make people react.

This is rather interesting.

I mean, I'd like to say I'd get on board with the whole 'genetic differences make a huge, irreparable impact on sexuality' but we as human break the taboos of what we should find physically attractive based on our social experiences, upbringing, and so on. The concept of love often overrides whether or not we can have babies with someone or whether or not we would normally find them attractive. It's part of having the capacity for empathy and ideals that, so far as we know, many animals don't.

While I generally like to avoid the whole 'Well they're all based off humans' excuse, it seems that culture would have more of an impact than genetics, given that Roegadyn, Elezen, Lalafell, and Miqo'te all have consciences and feelings like Hyur, who we kind of have to compare to ourselves more than any.

But, it's interesting to see a different opinion.