Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too)

Aveline

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please look at 3:04-6 of that trailer and tell me if they notice the thing I think I'm noticing as well.

The Gabranth-looking guy?

Thank you. That's exactly what I was wanting to hear.

They used the Final Fantasy XII music in the Beta Login Screen too. Perked my curiosity.

I really hope judges are in this game. Lorewise that was the best part of the Ivalice world.

I dunno man, I always felt the best part of the Ivalice world was the entirety of Final Fantasy Tactics, in which I don't recall there being any judges. I really didn't care for FFXII. T_T

Keep an eye on the following site. There are going to be 20 servers and the names are currently pending. They may be released by Monday or early Tuesday if we're lucky. It keeps an accurate update of the servers and it seems the old servers (Shadowlord, etc) no longer exist.

http://www.ffxiv-status.com

With this happening I'm going to keep a close eye on where the Goons will be rolling. I know it doesn't seem like a big deal. but these are the guys who

~ Pretty much dominated Eve for a long while, pissing of everyone in the game in the process by griefing EVERYTHING

~ Have a guild of over 1000+ people in World of Warcraft on the horde side, and have an Alliance guild on an RP server specifically to grief RPers.

~ During the Aion launch there was such worry as to where they would be rolling that once they picked a server, people flooded the main Aion fan forum with threads asking them to leave. They retaliated by stealing guild names and character names.

~ They were so prolific in CoV they had a badge named after them: http://wiki.cohtitan.com/wiki/CoV_Defeat_Badges (Look for 333 Cage something)

Anyhoo they are really funny... if looking from a far, but you don't want to roll on the same server as them for any new game that comes out if you expect peace (Especially being a Roleplayer) :P

Their vote will probably go up at the same time, in which I will be championing against rolling on their server

(This seems so hypocritical of me since I'm a goon, but at least I know what I'm talking about)

I really hope judges are in this game. Lorewise that was the best part of the Ivalice world.

I dunno man, I always felt the best part of the Ivalice world was the entirety of Final Fantasy Tactics, in which I don't recall there being any judges. I really didn't care for FFXII. T_T

Why did ye not like XII?

Well... I didn't like anything about it, really. I thought the battle system was boring, the progression system ended with all the characters more or less the same, and the characters and story were largely uninteresting. Even the music didn't really wow me.

I also didn't care for the throwback to Final Fantasy Tactics Advance; that game's story infuriated me to no end. I think it would've been a lot more interesting to take control of Ritz and try to put a stop to Marche's bullshit or something. I don't understand why any of the characters followed him; he was essentially trying to bring about armageddon, which would kill them all... Oh well. At least I enjoyed that game's battle system, and it made me aware of the existence of the original FFT and later its remake on the PSP, which I love ever so much. <3

Threadjack.

The idea of the Garlean Empire invading is quite a similar story to XII. Either they're deliberately just paralleling the games (because that's what SE likes to do), or they're stealing elements of it (which they also do.) In any case, I do think we'll see elements of Ivalice in Eorzea. (Which I love, since XII was my favorite.)

/Threadjack

The Garlean Empire shares some similarities for sure with the Archadian Empire from FF12.

The main badguy looks a bit like a judge.

The empire looks interesting, but is most likely entirely composed of a hyur like species. As the Garlean couple of garlean models I've seen have all be pretty much human.

Wouldn't be surprised if we fight an empire based off the FFXII one complete with it's 'Generals' being Judges commanding airships and the like. Would be kinda cool.

And yeah, been following the Goon squad for a while. Afraid there might be spies among our forum >.> since they take so much pleasure in being what they are. Along with our declaration of existance on a public FFXIV forum there's bound to be a bunch who know what we plan.

Wouldn't worry about the Goons at all.

FF XIV REALLY isn't their kind of game.

I've seen them playing funny-looking zergling-esque characters they called Goonlings in champions Online but even that didn't last long.

If they play FF XIV, they'll probly all roll Midgets or catgirls, play their free month, and move on to something else.

Besides, there actually are RPers among them.

They just won't RP in front of their Goon buddies. :P

I know they're rollin in FFXIV (I'm on their FFXIV forum, since I'm one of them) they're already 325 of them ready to go.

They may get bored, but the first few months will be fuuun. People said not to worry about them in Aion too and they wreaked some serious havoc for the short time they were there.

Besides, there actually are RPers among them.

They just won't RP in front of their Goon buddies. :P

Hehe, I have a friend, who's a goon, that I met through RP, so you're definitely right about that :D

I think it would be a good idea to try to end on a different server than them, but if we DO end on the same server, I'm sure we can handle it, and as people say, they might get bored quickly :)