Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too)

Aveline

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not dangerous as much as a nuisance. They're usually doing what they can to grief people, including roleplayers. In AoC for instance, they locked down one of the low level questhubs completely for several days, killing every lowlevel player trying to get in, until a group of highlevel roleplayers got enough and crushed them ^^

It'd be difficult but they will probably find a way to annoy people. Like maybe camp a lowbie zone with high levels killing everything or some other thing. As RPers they will probably single us out and go outta their way to disrupt things.

Also, behold the Judge! thingy, vampire? courtousy of someone with a model viewer.

attachment.php?attachmentid=68879&d=1282941348

Heh Goons. My sister is a goon' date=' she plays on Eve online though. Thats where they frequent the most though. They arnt that bad though they just like to troll people.[/quote']

I will never understand why "trolling people" is "not bad." Not picking on you or anything, I see it said a lot - I have just never had the same point of view. It's disrespectful and, well, in my eyes, downright mean.

Anyway, I'd rather avoid their server if we can.

As for mob design: Why hello, Evil Gabranth. Awesome.

I also have a Goon friend who I've been RPing with for many many years.

Avoiding their server is pretty pointless since, with all the publicity we got, they are the ones who will roll on ours, obviously.

As for how they'd grief people in a non-PvP game... they'll just use their free month running around and spam-emoting. It's all they -can- do and it's so easy to ignore.

Also that Judge-thing lokos awesome, but I don,t know anything about Judges!

My only Ivalice experience is with Tactics as well. I kinda hated the FF XII system. ^^;

XIV is gonna be the first I play since IX (I tried X, didn't like it).

There is a customs office in Limsa Lominsa that exists purely in part to confiscate "illegal" Garlean technology (as well as contraband from other regions of Hydaelyn) so that it doesn't get into the hands of regular old Eorzeans, and some NPCs speculate casually about whether or not the Garleans are going to come over and wipe out the kobolds in their holy war, so I think that there is definitely regular communication between Garlemald and Eorzea. That guy looks NEAT.

There is a customs office in Limsa Lominsa that exists purely to confiscate "illegal" Garlean technology so that it doesn't get into the hands of regular old Eorzeans' date=' and some NPCs speculate casually about whether or not the Garleans are going to come over and wipe out the kobolds in their holy war, so I think that there is definitely regular communication between Garlemald and Eorzea. That guy looks NEAT.[/quote']

Where was it every mentioned the Customs wards confiscate purely garlean tech? They confiscate all kinds of things, artifact or otherwise. Y'shtolas comment about the Empire and Baderon's response made it pretty clear there is no communication at all between the Eorzean Commonwealth and the Empire. The Garlean Empire are the big bad guys that sit up in the north and nobody knows what they're gonna do next.

There is a customs office in Limsa Lominsa that exists purely to confiscate "illegal" Garlean technology so that it doesn't get into the hands of regular old Eorzeans' date=' and some NPCs speculate casually about whether or not the Garleans are going to come over and wipe out the kobolds in their holy war, so I think that there is definitely regular communication between Garlemald and Eorzea. That guy looks NEAT.[/quote']

Where was it every mentioned the Customs wards confiscate purely garlean tech? They confiscate all kinds of things, artifact or otherwise. Y'shtolas comment about the Empire and Baderon's response made it pretty clear there is no communication at all between the Eorzean Commonwealth and the Empire. The Garlean Empire are the big bad guys that sit up in the north and nobody knows what they're gonna do next.

The only thing I read in the Customs office was that they confiscate illegal contraband from all over Hydaelyn. I didn't see the Garlean Empire specifically mentioned.

There IS an NPC that worries about the Garlean Empire invading on the excuse of a holy war against the Primals that the Beastmen have brought forth. But it doesn't imply that there has been communication between the city-states and the Empire since Ala Mhigo's destruction.

If you go downstairs to where there is a testing ring and a few NPCs standing around watching, one of them talks about how Garlean tech could be potentially devastating if it fell into the wrong hands, and so that's why they confiscate it.

Then upstairs there is an NPC that talks about how Limsa Lominsa keeps changing what's on the safe and unsafe lists, so ships are getting their cargo confiscated left & right because no one can keep up with the changing lists.

I never said S-E was very consistent with their lore, and I remember the conversation you are talking about between Y'sh and Baderon, but there are NPCs at the customs hall that talk about confiscating Garlean tech like it happens every day.

If you go downstairs to where there is a testing ring and a few NPCs standing around watching, one of them talks about how Garlean tech could be potentially devastating if it fell into the wrong hands, and so that's why they confiscate it.

Then upstairs there is an NPC that talks about how Limsa Lominsa keeps changing what's on the safe and unsafe lists, so ships are getting their cargo confiscated left & right because no one can keep up with the changing lists.

I never said S-E was very consistent with their lore, and I remember the conversation you are talking about between Y'sh and Baderon, but there are NPCs at the customs hall that talk about confiscating Garlean tech like it happens every day.

This is why I need to start writing things down when I go on my lore hunts. :lol:

Yes, but you stated "Purely" confiscated Garlean tech, which they do not. They confiscate all matter of illegal or potentially dangerous materials.

It's still pretty clear that the Garlean Empire is an ominous shadow cast over Eorzea. There's no negotiating between the empire and the commonwealth.

There is a customs office in Limsa Lominsa that exists purely in part to confiscate "illegal" Garlean technology (as well as contraband from other regions of Hydaelyn) so that it doesn't get into the hands of regular old Eorzeans' date=' and some NPCs speculate casually about whether or not the Garleans are going to come over and wipe out the kobolds in their holy war, so I think that there is definitely regular communication between Garlemald and Eorzea. That guy looks NEAT.[/quote']

LOL fixed. :approve:

I don't know what keys anyone is talking about >_> I've been in beta since March and we've never had keys. Our accounts just have access to the site & consequently the download. But yes, I've updated the beta client with the update they posted to the beta forums at 4am today. :cheer: