Open Beta begins August 31 (New Trailer too)

Aveline

Well... Miqo'te legs are -made- for umping and running, it says so in the description. The way she jumps in the vid was nice, though. All acrobatic and made it look easy. However, I'm pretty sure jumping in game will remain impossible, even though it would be awesome to add jumping and falling damage (damn cliffs!).

But, you know, there's more awesome stuff in there than I ever seen before in a mmo so... yeah. I'm not going to actually ask or wish for it. :P

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The music & cinemagraphics used for this video are epic in many senses. I was saddened when Closed Beta ended, but with Open Beta being released just under a week later, my heart fills with joy. Can't wait to see all of the possibilities that present themselves come release of the game. I'm excited beyond belief.

*pouts and shakes her fist* bah damm Mysteries Big wood wheel house, tell me your secret.....

I sooooo wish I knew what that big wooden wheel is for or what inside that house....it's so Mysteries and strange, and I nearly can't wait for open beta to find out what it's about....

but never the less loved the Trailer was soooo beautiful.

Go to Jecht on open beta start (if they keep the villain names). But be prepared to reroll shortly after. Our vote begins probably on the 31st. The original 10 servers will likely be added to and I'd rather hold off the vote until then.

RPC Council people, start preparing to mobilize your members for the vote :cheer:

We're not going to have a lot of character slots, so reserving your name on every server is impossible in OB. (yay, Captain Obvious!)

What I think we need to do is decide on the destination server quickly. Since we'd been on Jecht in closed beta, it would likely reduce the amount of frustration and confusion by remaining on Jecht in Open Beta going into retail. Just my two cents -- because of this, I'm pretty sure just about everyone is going to end up voting for Jecht.

-NK

What I think we need to do is decide on the destination server quickly. Since we'd been on Jecht in closed beta, it would likely reduce the amount of frustration and confusion by remaining on Jecht in Open Beta going into retail. Just my two cents -- because of this, I'm pretty sure just about everyone is going to end up voting for Jecht.

Let's avoid confusing the issue further and stick with the plan we all agreed on: to vote on a server once we have the final list.

The server names may not even be villains at all. They may change completely. There has been no verification that the closed beta server names are the same as the open beta server names. They just said that the open beta names are the same as retail and left it at that.

People are going to have to reroll. There's no getting around it. The vote is going to last 3 days. Any shorter wouldn't give some people enough time to get their vote in and we'll have angry masses on our hands. Rerolling shouldn't be an issue though. For starters, your character data IS going to be wiped after open beta anyway. So your character name is the only thing you need to concern yourself with. In addition, you can skip the opening CS from now on, which makes rerolling easier.

Before anyone comes in raging about rerolling, I'll nip it in the bud now by saying THERE IS NO OTHER OPTION. We can't start the vote now because we don't have the final server list yet. And we can't have the poll only last less than 3 days and not give enough time. All of this was posted in the Server Selection sticky in which nobody objected to. So yeah...most of you will have to reroll. If someone doesn't like that, they can just play on whatever random server they start on and wait until closer to the end of open beta before deleting the character and reserving the name on the proper server.

Let's avoid confusing the issue further and stick with the plan we all agreed on: to vote on a server once we have the final list.

Understood. It shouldn't be long...

Also the whole reserving name thing is probably the most silly concern we could have in the whole server issue.

Because we have First Name AND Last Name. Only if the two are exactly the same will the name be unavailable. the chances it would happen are extremely low.

Also the whole reserving name thing is probably the most silly concern we could have in the whole server issue.

Because we have First Name AND Last Name. Only if the two are exactly the same will the name be unavailable. the chances it would happen are extremely low.

Very true, only way it is really likely to happen is through douchebaggery

Does anyone know where you sign up for the beta? I'd like to put in yet another application. *goes to watch video now*

***addition***

Just finished watching that trailer....omg... I agree with Shamad; gots me some goosebumps x.x

**edit**

nvm, I found it. It's closed at the moment, but should open up in the next day or two. They'll probably wait until sunday, lol.

http://entry.ffxiv.com <_<

Soon , oh so soon ..

My last name shall finally be revealed but in other news ...

Do you get sneakers in this game??

Can we get examples of clothing sometime or is that too much to ask??

Will the Open Beta reveal all or still keep many many secrets and

Can you jump in FFXIV , just a question ...

Will we ever get to swim too??

Are moogles in this game?

Will we get to see Odin make a quest appearance??

Will all our fears be answered and will they make an even cooler trailer than this one??

Really? That makes me feel MUCH better.