How active is the RP community?

Kaiz

I came back to FF14 a few weeks ago, but I've had a hard time getting in contact with any RP LSs or FCs that really fit my character. I also can't say that I've seen a whole lot of RP around, other than seeing a few convos now and again at the bar in Ul'dah. 

Looking at this site, it seems like there is a vibrant and active RP community, but if I had to go from game experiences alone, it would not seem to be the case. Maybe I'm just coincidentally dodging RP in some comic spy-vs-spy fashion? I don't know. 

So is there just a small community that I'm unable to find? Are there specific RP hubs people tend to gravitate to? Is it all LS/FC-based?

I find my lack of RP disturbing. It must be corrected.

Well, my character profile is in my signature. He's a sort of traveler monk with a mysterious past. He generally hires himself out as a bodyguard and likes to be on the road a lot. 

I'm not really sure what 'kind' of character he is. A bit in the gray area of morality. He's a good guy as far as anyone knows, but he has a dark past and it can show through sometimes.

Well, my character profile is in my signature. He's a sort of traveler monk with a mysterious past. He generally hires himself out as a bodyguard and likes to be on the road a lot. 

I'm not really sure what 'kind' of character he is. A bit in the gray area of morality. He's a good guy as far as anyone knows, but he has a dark past and it can show through sometimes.

Ha, I could actually use someone like that in RP...but you're not online! :-P

There's lots of great RP all over there place, yes. :) If you're looking to just find random people outside of an LS or FC (since Naih'ir already mentioned that there's lots of those about too) your best places to check are the main taverns in the city, as well as the Bismarck in Limsa. Those seem to be some of the bigger RP hubs where RPers can be found most times. Hope that helps, and welcome home to Eorzea :D

Balmung or Gilgamesh? Your profile doesn't list which you're on...

Either way, I can't really speak for Balmung, but Gilgamesh's RP activity is comparatively low-key. I've had to hunt on typical days for other RPers, since more than half of the server is non-RP players, unfortunately... I know they're out there, they're just hard to find.

Balmung or Gilgamesh? Your profile doesn't list which you're on...

Either way, I can't really speak for Balmung, but Gilgamesh's RP activity is comparatively low-key. I've had to hunt on typical days for other RPers, since more than half of the server is non-RP players, unfortunately... I know they're out there, they're just hard to find.

I'm guessing Balmung since his sig says Besaid, which I *think* rolled into Balmung back during the original release.

Balmung is really active. Its a shame really because I want to level up and do end game but there is always so much RP going on ; ;

My advice to you is to grab a FC so that you can have regular RP, but venture out of your circle a lot and grow your friends list ^^

I have this problem all day everyday. I was supposed to get Armi to 50 a week ago and have yet to thanks to all the rp.

Balmung is really active. Its a shame really because I want to level up and do end game but there is always so much RP going on ; ;

My advice to you is to grab a FC so that you can have regular RP, but venture out of your circle a lot and grow your friends list ^^

I have this problem all day everyday. I was supposed to get Armi to 50 a week ago and have yet to thanks to all the rp.

I love this problem. It certainly makes the game last longer! :P

Ditto, got the same 'problem'! Good advice too, I second that.