[Bal] Ghost Whale (RP action event)

Nebbs

[align=center]ghostwhale_zpsf4e1a642.png~original[/align]

WANTED - Brave Adventurers

We seeks a crew of fearless folks who scoff in the face of mortal danger and dance willingly to face a legendary foe.

Be ye be week livered or mealy-mouthed then turn away now, this be not for the likes of thee.

If however, ye are board, listless and unappreciated and in need of fame and fortune, and a challenge that will make a scurvy dog out of thee? If so then read on.

Thickest thou has the stomach and skill to face the Ghost Whale from the deep, to sail into its seas and tether it to our will? And then to follow where it leads and overcome the horrors that guard the treasure of several lifetimes?

If we say this be a certain death and ye say “aye” anyhow, then come and find us .. ye may be what we be looking for.

Make ya yes mark below and interviewed ye will be.

Nebula Stardancer

OOC - please sign below (post) and provide in game contact details or PM me and we will arrange an interview for the event.

I intend to run on 15th March @ 11pm GMT [see Event]

OOC - IC lore if you feel your character may be able to find this out

The Ghost Whale

-A legend, a myth that is said to hunt in the deep seas and takes many a Pirate to the deep

-A huge white Whale, some say it is not real and that it is a Ghost

-A power of the sea, like a primal, what you see if its form projected into the Aether of this realm

-It guard uncounted treasures taken from pirate ships

-It is the gateway to another realm, where old Pirates go when they die

-The corpses of several Pirate Captains who tried to hunt it are lashed to the Whale by the cables of their harpoons that failed

OOC - I'll see if I can put some OOC flesh on this IC bone

The Ghost Whale is an action story RP event that forms part of Nebula's ongoing story.

This means we will be setting sale to face the Ghost Whale of the Deep, as Nebula seeks to retrieve something from it.

For the action I intend to use the ship at Limsa. I will provide the description of the setting and environment and all the events that should happen. Players would be expected to RP through this and respond to events as they take place.

I will take into account what characters do and rule on any changes to the events. I expect each player to be capable of self GMing their character for the good of the RP (that is you can determine the outcome for your character).

The action story will lead to a dungeon run which i will also provide some description, but here teams (if we get more than one) are on their own.

From the story you will be able to find a lost treasure, so please feel free to use that as you will for your character, even curses and the like. But please keep consequences of this this to your character unless agreed with others.

FURTHER EVENT INFORMATION

- Epic Adventure Feel - feel free to do feats of “darring do” but please keep these believable and the conflict flowing. No “N’orad dispactes the sharks with several pew pew lasers from his eyes.”

- Text lead story - I will set the context the action come from you in the the text, please feel free to move your characters and let off spells and get out weapons to add to the atmosphere.

- Self Determination - You are responsible what happens to your character, and the consequences. You decide. Please allow for consequences and take blows etc..

- Intent based, no Directives - Please state what you would do not what happens to others. “I swing my sword at F’red, trying to slash his arm.” Do not say what another character does, let the player do that.

- Turns - GM will try to run very simple action in turns T1, T2

- - 1. The GM will do descriptive/action text (wave hits the deck)

- - 2. Players can state their actions (someone his thrown to the edge)

- - 3. We then repeat and your next turn you can react to others.

- Clarify action/outcome - use something like [ ] at the end of text to clarify the outcome and your location. “F’oon dodges sideways slipping slightly on the wet deck and manages to avoid most of the blow, yet loses his balance falling against the rail.” [Takes a hit, Falls to the Rail, Still Active, Front]

Loc: Limsa Lominsa Lower Decks (6,15) - aboard the ship

You have answered the call for a crew and are gathered in the room below deck on board the ship.

Here is the layout of the ship. And please refer to A-Rear, B-Mid, C-Front. If we get into a party I will place markers.

e27c941e-76a0-4d29-8ffd-878e4ac0224a_zpsfdcbe49f.png

c179d6ea-7f85-42aa-af2f-92cfb7295407_zps834d7491.png~original

[align=center]ghostwhale_zpsf4e1a642.png~original[/align]

Holy Aldgoats! Nebbs talks like that? Kiht would be blown out of her jackboots to hear a "Moon-sister" talk with that kind of accent! :lol:

This sounds fun. Not sure if Kiht would ICly fit into this (probably not), but what are the OOC details? Like time, day and place?

Edit: Never mind, you just added that info. My bad.

Holy Aldgoats! Nebbs talks like that? Kiht would be blown out of her jackboots to hear a "Moon-sister" talk with that kind of accent! :lol:

This sounds fun. Not sure if Kiht would ICly fit into this (probably not), but what are the OOC details? Like time, day and place?

She can talk Pirate, yes.. she's a Bard, and the offspring of Pirates :)

Event will be on March 15th at 11pm GMT.

You know I'm game. I've been asking people around in character as well. Are you sure about those dates, though? The 7th and 14th are Fridays on my calendar, unless there's some timezone thing I'm not taking account for. If you mean Saturday the 8th or 15th, I can only do the 15th. If it's Friday, it'll be starting at 4p.m. for me and I'll be getting off work at that point. I'll hurry home ASAP, but I should be on not long after start time. If needed, you can say I'm below deck, taking care of some business aboard the ship.

You know I'm game. I've been asking people around in character as well. Are you sure about those dates, though? The 7th and 14th are Fridays on my calendar, unless there's some timezone thing I'm not taking account for. If you mean Saturday the 8th or 15th, I can only do the 15th. If it's Friday, it'll be starting at 4p.m. for me and I'll be getting off work at that point. I'll hurry home ASAP, but I should be on not long after start time. If needed, you can say I'm below deck, taking care of some business aboard the ship.

Grrr Dyslexia strikes again!

Yes 8th or 15th! I'll shift the time to 11pm GMT and make it 15th.

And yes Dog I was assuming you were coming if the time fitted :)

I have an alt who would LOVE this event but I think i'm away on that weekend >.<

I missed the Menphina's Ward even too because I was sick :( Luckily S'janna went in my stead!

That said I'd have loved to have come to this even on my female Keeper Yangh but I don't think I can ;_;

EDIT - Just in case I CAN make it... how would one go about getting... wait for it... ON BOARD with this?!

*Bows* I'm here all week! :P

Just give me your character name or one I can contact you on in game. We can then do an RP intro.

An RP boat ride that leads into an IC dungeon run?  Freakin.  NICE.

Though I'm curious as to which dungeon will be included?  Or is that not something that can be discussed due to spoilerness?  Or am I completely off the rocker here.  Bear in mind, I can't see the attached image associated with this event because my work computer blocks most outside website image linking with some very few exceptions.

An RP boat ride that leads into an IC dungeon run?  Freakin.  NICE.

Though I'm curious as to which dungeon will be included?  Or is that not something that can be discussed due to spoilerness?  Or am I completely off the rocker here.  Bear in mind, I can't see the attached image associated with this event because my work computer blocks most outside website image linking with some very few exceptions.

Yes that's pretty much it. I know which one I would use certainly for the main story. But if there are more than 4 of us we will need to run more than one group through a dungeon. So for those here for "their" reasons I could easily see other dungeons fitting in, as some kind of nightmare you brought with you? Main thing is to not discount players due to level and make the dungeon about RP not so much the fight challenge. 

I added a text only version and also put it here

WANTED - Brave Adventurers

We seeks a crew of fearless folks who scoff in the face of mortal danger and dance willingly to face a legendary foe.

Be ye be week livered or mealy-mouthed then turn away now, this be not for the likes of thee.

If however, ye are board, listless and unappreciated and in need of fame and fortune, and a challenge that will make a scurvy dog out of thee? If so then read on.

Thickest thou has the stomach and skill to face the Ghost Whale from the deep, to sail into its seas and tether it to our will? And then to follow where it leads and overcome the horrors that guard the treasure of several lifetimes?

If we say this be a certain death and ye say “aye” anyhow, then come and find us .. ye may be what we be looking for. 

Make ya yes mark below and interviewed ye will be.

Nebula Stardancer

Aaaah, NICE.  Yea, I'd rather be about the journey and not the destination.  The dungeon run in question isn't of major import to me--I wouldn't rage about this not being a turn of Coil for the sweet loots or some such nonsense.

Sounds like fun!  Consider me on board!

Thank lots all for those who came and for the pics ♥

Nebbs go what she needed from the Ghost Whale I hope you also got some treaure?

*hugs*