Curiosity killed the Cat

Nnejo

Hello all!

I am a returning player to FFXIV, when I first started playing the game I found myself surrounded by some amazing roleplayers and interesting story lines. I miss that and more importantly I miss roleplaying in the FF universe. That said I wanted to take this time gauge community interest in something I was involved in when I played.

There were a group of us who helped run what was known as Ambrosia. And while some may have thought it to be a Bordello, to us {and to me} it was far more than that.{As there were some underhanded things going on behind the scenes} ERP was never the main plot of the stories that we told. So tell me {whether you be Balmung or Gilgamesh} would like to see this idea resurrected? Or is it simply something that should Rest In Peace? 

I'd love to get everyone's feedback so feel free to comment as you see fit. {So long as it's in accordance with forums rules and the like.}

~Isis

*Quickly Google searches Bordello, upon finding it puts on educated smart people glasses*

Ahem, I think it could be a fancy smancy wonderful tip top idea! If you still want to do it anyway. If you desire to do other RP then by all means abandon it. But if it is the kind of RP you enjoy doing, than you should not need to stop.

*Cough* so where does this place open up at?... *Cough*

I liked the idea of a Burlesque club, but I was never comfortable with Burlesque being tied to prostitution since I did Burlesque IRL for two years. Also, you know how Bordellos tend to look to none RPers (and RPers), especially with a bunch of pimps already running around Ul'dah *sigh*

As I mentioned in the original post, the term Bordello was something used by people who either did not fully understand the concept or those that too one look at what I wrote up and automatically made their own assumptions. We never ran a "true bordello" However we did have entertainers and a well stocked bar thanks to a certain pirate guild! ;)

But alas these things cant run without support so keep it coming.

We have an actual small house in Mist that we're going to be opening up as a Bar if you need a place to perform icly. I don't think you know that since your new to the guild xD. I enjoy the idea of it not being in Ul'dah, it will give people more places to go.

I think it would be a wonderful idea, especially when done right. If your going to pick a Server. Go to Balmung, as the Gildamesh RP community is on a decline and most are now leaving that server for Balmung.

I'll be honest, I've not seen a decline in available RP at all, and saying "most" are jumping ship is a little insulting to the greater community.

But back on topic, that really does sound like an awesome idea. In fact, it's possible we've talked about doing something similar a few times. I'd love to see a Bordello that deals in secrets, so to speak, I think it'd be great.

*Pokes head around the corner* I think it's a wonderful idea. Something like that would greatly appeal to Razz, and it would be nice to have more things like this away from Ul'dah (no that I have a problem with Ul'dah, but it's always good to create new places for RPers to go).

If it's something you'd still like to do, I'd be glad to help where I'm able. :)

*puts on Magic Admin Hat*

Just a side mod note here: please try to avoid telling people not to play on one server or another. We don't want to start another server versus server thing. :( I would prefer not to have to start moderating threads and users that attack either server, but I will if it continues. I don't want to be mean! :cry:

*takes off Magic Admin Hat*

I've heard that there's good RP available on both servers. If you've any doubt which server to play on, and you don't have a specific person or group with which you want to RP, try making a character on both and attending a few events or RP hotspots to see where you fit better.

When I first started on this game I believe your Bordello was still going, and I have to admit I was certainly dazzled by the idea and execution. Like others said already if this is something you enjoyed then definitely do it, and it'd be neat to see it in another city besides Ul'dah! I think it's a very fun idea and I won't lie I'd find a way to get myself tangled up with you somehow. :angel:

I think it would be a wonderful idea, especially when done right. If your going to pick a Server. Go to Balmung, as the Gildamesh RP community is on a decline and most are now leaving that server for Balmung.

I'll be honest, I've not seen a decline in available RP at all, and saying "most" are jumping ship is a little insulting to the greater community.

But back on topic, that really does sound like an awesome idea. In fact, it's possible we've talked about doing something similar a few times. I'd love to see a Bordello that deals in secrets, so to speak, I think it'd be great.

My apologies. I was just basing my comment off of what others who have came from Gilgamesh have said. I'll be sure to word myself more carefully.

Just wanted to say thank you to all who provided there feedback, both in this thread and in PMs. I will be creating Y'Vahri in the morning when the server opens up, the linkshell name is apparently taken....so I need to come up with something else.

~Isis

Ohai lady, welcome back! :D <3 You're on Balmung now? I'm glad to hear it! It would be great to have Ambrosia rebooted (always enjoyed the concept) and perhaps I could lend a character or two into the mix.

Hey Faye Faye <3

Yep! I need to write up an update to the story for Ambrosia but overall Ambrosia will be under new management.

And you KNOW I would love to have you with me, miss RPing with you.

Linkshell is up now, AmbrosiaRP