Hey guys! New Role Player here! ^^

Well not really new I should say. I do have experience with roleplays from previous endeavors to get into other community's but I decided to consolidate my Role Playing and the game that I play the most now and days (which is FFXIV) together so that way I don't have to split time between them anymore.

Anyways, im currently on the Balmung server and im looking for a group to RP with right now. If anybody has an offer for me then PM me up and ill take a look at what you have to offer.

Also, if anybody would like to help me to find a popular character template sheet so I can construct my character im currently playing as in-game then that would be much appreciated.

I read plenty of user and forum guide's before I decided to post this thread so I really don't need any help in getting started aside from the character template and joining an RP to gain experience.

In all hindsight though, I may be experienced but this is my first time really attempting to role play in real time. I'm really used to forum RP's that take a day at most for a well thought and created post to be put up.

Still, I hope I meld in well into this community.   ^_^

Welcome to the RPC! You chose the right game to RP in. :3

Wiki templates can be found here. I know there was one that Diedre made but I can't seem to find it. It appears that others have made basic templates though.

I'll be online a little later today if you wanted to tell me about your character or test it in RP.

I came from forums as well and I still struggle with the change to real time mostly due to tense. I'm constantly going from past to present and drive myself nuts.

Welcome to the game!

If you're looking for RP groups, you might want to give some tidbits about your character, or what kind of things you'd like to do.

There are a lot of cool LS's and FCs on here, but some of them are kind of specific, so it would help!

Hope you have fun :3

@Rinette

Yeah, I already reviewed those templates. They aren't particularly what I had in mind though but beggars cant be choosers I guess.

As for reviewing my character, I don't mind showing off a bit about her in a bit. I'm currently busy ATM so I cant type anything extensive, lol.   ^_^

As for the linkshells, I have been looking at a few different ones but nothing I have taken notice of.

Yeah but I don't want to mess around with the coding aspect. While it is interesting and awesome, I don't want to mess around till I have my character wiki up.

With that said, I might experiment with it later. It isn't so complicated to where I cant understand how it works but these things take forever to setup if done manually.

Filch? How do you do that? And also, I know a thing about PC's and networking. The guy probably knows whats hes doing, but its not his fault if the internet is slow. It has alot to do with server's, sending and receiving data not to mention latency and internet lag.   ^^

Also, I went and I read all the Linkshells for Balmund. I did find one that I liked but they  have been inactive for over six months. I dont know, maybe ill just stick to tavern gatherings and do a type of solo-RP or non-FC RP.    ._.

I wanted to join Athereal Warriors as well but they rejected my application and never told me why. SO MUCH FRUSTRATION.   DX

Hello there, new-but-not-new person! :D It's good to have you here! I'm glad to chat or role-play anytime, so feel free to say hello if you see me around or send a /tell. If you're looking for an RP FC, Harbingers of Dawn is a good-aligned, med-heavy RP FC dedicated to protecting and aiding the citizens of Eorzea. We'd be happy to have you! You can learn more about us here and apply on our website if you're interested.

Hey there!

If you're ever inclined my friends and I tend to do plenty of casual RP between cantina's and our own FC housing that we've converted into semi-private venues for the sake of casual RP.

If you see me around Ul'dah or Limsa feel free to send me a tell or something. If it's not a dungeon or end game content it's probably casual RP :3

I was on today and I looked for you but you were nowhere to be found. I even tried player search and it was like "Could not find player" or some stuff like that.    ._.

Ah well, it doesn't matter. PM me though if you ever need me for something. Always happy to talk.

I was on today and I looked for you but you were nowhere to be found. I even tried player search and it was like "Could not find player" or some stuff like that.    ._.

Ah well, it doesn't matter. PM me though if you ever need me for something. Always happy to talk.

If the person you're looking for isn't online when you do the search, or if they're in any sort of a Duty, it will return a "player not found" result when you do a search.

Isn't there a feature though that you can check that also includes people in the middle of duty's and whatnot?

I mean, it doesn't matter to me. If the man was busy then he was busy. Completely understandable and nothing to argue over.

Unfortunately, not that I know of.  You can see them as "online" if you have them in a Linkshell with you, already on your friends list, or in a Free Company with you . But searching for them does not work while they are in a duty.

I think the message that comes up when players are in duty will be that it shows their character but it'll have the red icon with the hover text that they're in duty and/or In another world.

If they're in an instance/duty you can't send them a tell.

I think the message that comes up when players are in duty will be that it shows their character but it'll have the red icon with the hover text that they're in duty and/or In another world.

If they're in an instance/duty you can't send them a tell.

Newp, not for searching.  If you search, and they're not on your friends list, it tells you "Player Not Found."

Newp, not for searching.  If you search, and they're not on your friends list, it tells you "Player Not Found."

Really? Cause I've searched for people who aren't on my friends list but I'm sorta friends with so I know they -might- be doing R5... and I quite remember searching for them and seeing them as being in T5...

Same thing with CT etc @_@; (my friend's list is small ok ; ; I honestly just use linkshells the most. or fc chat etc)

Really? Cause I've searched for people who aren't on my friends list but I'm sorta friends with so I know they -might- be doing R5... and I quite remember searching for them and seeing them as being in T5...

Same thing with CT etc @_@;  (my friend's list is small ok ; ; I honestly just use linkshells the most. or fc chat etc)

I spent like, four hours at one point, trying to find someone a friend of mine had told me to go talk to about something.  Thing is, they were constantly hopping in and out of dungeons.  When I would use the player search on them, it would come up "Player Not Found."  I was only able to find them when they weren't in dungeons.

¯\(°_o)/¯ 

Possible it was just me.

I may have (totally did) fallen asleep pre-login screen at my desk at work because Iwasworkinglateanddecidedtologonandeventuallywokeuptothejanitorialstaffvacuuming...

Entirely my bad I figure. I'll be on tonight though and will keep an eye out for you~

Also, yes the above reasons are also accurate, a player may be online but if they're in a dungeon or duty or "other world" then they won't be easily looked up via player finder.

Sorry for the late reply, btw.

I wont be on tonight though. Ive been pretty much working on my character wiki all day. Progress is slow, really slow but progressive since I did get a few things filled out.

I know im going to run spam run the new HM dungeons for soldiery tomorrow though so if you feel like metagaming then just give me a holler. It doesn't matter to me if it's OOC or IC though.

Man, progress is slow today. Bad writers block for some reason. Hopefully it clears up and I can finish my wiki before the weekend or next week on Monday.

I spent like, four hours at one point, trying to find someone a friend of mine had told me to go talk to about something.  Thing is, they were constantly hopping in and out of dungeons.  When I would use the player search on them, it would come up "Player Not Found."  I was only able to find them when they weren't in dungeons.

¯\(°_o)/¯ 

Possible it was just me.

You know. This has happened to me as well.

Even though many others have told me that I should still be able to find people when they are on duty.

Oh! And.. Inessa! Welcome! :D