Servant for hire (Can do anything! ... Within reason)

So I have switched my main character from Gilgamesh to Balmung after a long hiatus. Gilgamesh is awesome but I just find myself playing on Balmung more and neglecting my actual main character because of it. So I ended up just moving him over and made a new back story for him seeing that the culture of what is accepted in a back story is a bit discluding of the special snowflake he used to be. Anywho this is my idea for the new story.

My character is thirty years old and he would have grown up during the annexation of Ala Mihgo, I plan on making him from Ala Mihgo and while prejudice towards Garleans, understanding of their way of doing things and their technology. Especially liking Magitek technology and its capabilities. After an event killing his parents after they escaped Garlean controlled Ala Mihgo he ended up becoming and adventurer and devoting his life to training in combat. As his father was big on training him in combat with a sword he spent the majority of his life just learning tactics, fighting, and becoming a veteran of as many battles as possible ever sense he could hold something that could be even slightly considered a weapon. But because of spending all his time only practicing fighting he did not know how to do much else.

When the flames started enlisting people he was one of the first to sign up and he rose in their ranks and was known for his very good combat skills. But after the battle of cartaneau it was recommended to him that he give up a life of combat and actually live out in the real world. My character has quick reaction skills, decisive thinking, and quite strong but he is overspecialized in one field and that makes him at a loss when it comes to anything outside of fighting, He was able to stay in the flames for a bit longer but then his commanding officers decommissioned him thinking that it would be better for him to experience the real world before he was too old to do so.

After being retired early he ended up joining the brass blades because that was the only accepting line of work he knew how to do, he had little to zero social skills and could not deal with people to become a merc. But as the syndicate became more controlling of his specific branch of the brass blades he realized what was going on was wrong and he began to plot to rebel. But the syndicate caught on and arrested him. As punishment they put a collar on him forcing him to do whatever the holder of a certain crystal says (Within reason) and decided to sell this crystal and him as a servant to the highest bidder, so they can make gil off his punishment. They have a master crystal which can override the crystal they sell so they can always resell him if things go awry. But theoretically anyone is allowed to buy him, from criminal organizations working for the syndicate, to a woman who owns a flower picking shop and needs help potting plants. It just depends on the demand and what interests the syndicate as a punishment.

So that is how we come to my character being a servant for higher. It is not exactly by choice. But a servant is a servant! I am a heavy RPer mostly so I would prefer that whoever highers him plays at LEAST once a week, and if they really play that infrequently at least give him something to do IC during idle time. If a person proves to be too inactive, then I will inform them and we can try to work things out, although the end result could be him being repossessed by the syndicate and sold again. But other than activity, I can go with most types of RP and while my character is good at fighting would VERY much enjoy non fighting RP as well. Having a character who grew up only fighting and knowing nothing about the real world could be just as fun as a learning experience potting plants as intense action scenes if not more so for the parting from the norm. But if he gets put in a fighting role and is commanded by his owner to fight then he can.

Anyone in interested in possibly getting him feel free to message here or PM me <3 Any feedback is well appreciated and hopefully I can make lots of enjoyable RP and experiences as I get integrated into the Balmung commiunity with my main. Thanks~!

P.S. You don't have to be rich and wealthy to get my character as a servant. They are kind of auctioning him off to anyone and if they seem interesting enough could make a deal with someone rather poor in exchange for their services. They are asking around on the backstreets and out in the open, of course out in the open sounding more friendly and peaceful of a servant to help humiliate him into potting plants for some poor farmer. It is half punishment as well. Giving him another killing job unless highly beneficial to them does not really make a good lesson because he does that anyway.

Interesting concept, rather fun little read there. ^^; I'd love to help you out but I don't think ic I'd have a use for a extra hand unless they knew their way around a forge. Plus odds are she'd never go off seeking a servant. But I'm sure you'll find someone~!

Hey! I found your thread!

We chatted briefly in-game but halfway I'd gotten disconnected xD Sorry about that! I'll keep a lookout for your character! I'll also ask around for you if any characters are looking around for servants!

Yay thank you <3

Hm, we should talk in game. My character is lawful-good and hardly believes in slavery/owning a servant. If you would be open to maybe my character trying to separate your character from your captors (he would hardly EVER being to pay a criminal for any goods), and in return get him as a helping hand, that would be neat maybe.

My character is a scientist/alchemist/healer, who is quite sick, and is tied with the Flames. He is working on renovating Allagan technology so he could use a lab assistant/lab hand/hired researcher to work on the tech (I have a place set up in my personal room with some shiny looking stuff that I often use with my current RP group)

If you would want to rp with more of the lawful-good sciency type it might work. If you are looking for a neutral/evil character then sorry :P

Let me know or message me in game if you are interested or not

Hm, we should talk in game. My character is lawful-good and hardly believes in slavery/owning a servant. If you would be open to maybe my character trying to separate your character from your captors (he would hardly EVER being to pay a criminal for any goods), and in return get him as a helping hand, that would be neat maybe.

My character is a scientist/alchemist/healer, who is quite sick, and is tied with the Flames. He is working on renovating Allagan technology so he could use a lab assistant/lab hand/hired researcher to work on the tech (I have a place set up in my personal room with some shiny looking stuff that I often use with my current RP group)

If you would want to rp with more of the lawful-good sciency type it might work. If you are looking for a neutral/evil character then sorry :P

Let me know or message me in game if you are interested or not

We will see. While breaking away from his captors IS a possibility... Unless you have a reason to buy a Servant/Slave I don't see how you could get him to save him in the first place. So it would probably be out of character unless you come up with some excuse for buying him. The Syndicate can try to cover it up somewhat that he is a Servant/Slave, but it becomes pretty obvious if they try to hand you a crystal and he has to wear a collar. So we can talk about it, but is there anyone else interested?