Hi Everyone!

Ashe

Hi!  

My name is Michi (the dot is silent).

I first played FFXIV when it came out the very first time.  Limited Edition box set and everything.  I stopped after about a month and recently started playing again on my PS4.  I wanted to play a PC copy but I got a new computer since then, so I waited a bit to play a PS4 copy.

When it comes to roleplaying, I am not exactly new.  I have roleplayed in other MMORPGs, like WoW, and I have done forum roleplay.  I am hoping to join Balmung sometime tonight when the server opens.  I want to get a better command on the controls and what not before I 100% start roleplaying so I don't be a nuisance to anyone.  I hope to see everyone in-game though!

I do have a question, if anyone could answer.  As I said, I am playing on the PS4.  Is there a way to type things a bit faster/better on a console version?  Is it possible to plug a keyboard and mouse into the console and play that way or does anyone have any tips for roleplaying on a PS4/console copy of the game.  I tried to fish around the forum and didn't find much, so yeah.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you <33

Hi!  

I first played FFXIV when it came out the very first time.  Limited Edition box set and everything.  I stopped after about a month and recently started playing again on my PS4.  I wanted to play a PC copy but I got a new computer since then, so I waited a bit to play a PS4 copy.

When it comes to roleplaying, I am not exactly new.  I have roleplayed in other MMORPGs, like WoW, and I have done forum roleplay.  I am hoping to join Balmung sometime tonight when the server opens.  I want to get a better command on the controls and what not before I 100% start roleplaying so I don't be a nuisance to anyone.  I hope to see everyone in-game though!

I do have a question, if anyone could answer.  As I said, I am playing on the PS4.  Is there a way to type things a bit faster/better on a console version?  Is it possible to plug a keyboard and mouse into the console and play that way or does anyone have any tips for roleplaying on a PS4/console copy of the game.  I tried to fish around the forum and didn't find much, so yeah.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you <33

Hi Michi! Lovely to meet you. Averill hangs about on Balmung, so if you'd like to hang out when you're comfortable with the game, hit me up. :D

I had a similar problem on PS3, and I solved it with a USB keyboard. Perhaps it would also work on PS4? It's a small investment, but very much worth it.

I believe it is possible to connect a keyboard to the PS4, but I don't own one so I'm unsure of the specifics. Nevertheless, welcome the RPC! I look forward to seeing yo on Balmung! Feel free to say hello if you see me around :)

Hi!  

As far as I know, you can plug a USB Keyboard and even a mouse into the console.  Check for USB ports on the console box.

Ahaha I see I see

Anyways, I ended up rolling two new characters this morning--one on Balmung and one on Gilgamesh.

I'll get a feel for both and see how it goes before making any decisions.  Already have some ideas for characterization though.

Ahaha I see I see

Anyways, I ended up rolling two new characters this morning--one on Balmung and one on Gilgamesh.

I'll get a feel for both and see how it goes before making any decisions.  Already have some ideas for characterization though.

A note for Gilgamesh; Let me know your characters name so I can invite you to some RP linkshells, secondly watch the calendar for events. There's at least 3 events a week on Gilgamesh. Because we have a lot of people from Reddit we tend to keep most RP out of major cities, but there is generally some happening in the Drowning Wench.

Or! Contact me in game. I generally play Zachree Rowlaux.

Ahaha I see I see

A note for Gilgamesh; Let me know your characters name so I can invite you to some RP linkshells, secondly watch the calendar for events. There's at least 3 events a week on Gilgamesh. Because we have a lot of people from Reddit we tend to keep most RP out of major cities, but there is generally some happening in the Drowning Wench.

Or! Contact me in game. I generally play Zachree Rowlaux.

My character's name on Gilgamesh is Zephel Balthae.

Contact in-game will be harder for me until the keyboard I ordered arrives but I hope to start rping really soon ^^

You can totally plug in a USB keyboard and mouse :) and still use the controller for gameplay or switch to keyboard and mouse. Just get the cheap ones--no need for anything fancy.

Also...I still have no idea which is the power button and which is the disc button...and I've had it since December! So don't feel bad :D

I just touch the PS4 in random places until it turns on.

I can't wait to play more after classes tomorrow!  This game is so much better than the one I played when it first came out all those years ago.

I just hold down the controller power button now :) the problem comes when I hafta change discs.... Lol 

If you see me around feel free to say hello IC or OOC! Or if you need any help send me a /tell