Renewing my sub but...

Because I don't have a credit card yet (though I'm not sure if it's better to use one on this game anyway) I've been relying on Ultimate Game Cards to support my subscription plan. But now that I can't use them anymore, I pretty much can't play the game anymore for the time being. Is there any other way I can solve this issue?

Because I don't have a credit card yet (though I'm not sure if it's better to use one on this game anyway) I've been relying on Ultimate Game Cards to support my subscription plan. But now that I can't use them anymore, I pretty much can't play the game anymore for the time being. Is there any other way I can solve this issue?

If you're in the USA, I believe Best Buy sells game time cards as well. They should also be available on Amazon. 

If your copy of the game was purchased on Steam, I think you can also pay through Steam Wallet as well.

60-day game time cards are available at Gamestop! Just ask for them at the register and they'll print you a code.

I didn't know that. o_o I'll give it a try next time. 

I usually get my game time via serial code websites, that just deliver the code to my email. But you have to be careful with those websites xD

So your issue is that you can only use paypal?

I never used it actually.

• 3 weeks later...

Annnd now UltimatePoints have been discontinued, so I no longer have a Paypal option ;

Clover might be suffering a similar fate..

Do you or Clover have additional retainers or some such where you can't use the game time option?

If not, if you are using an NA account, you might be able to purchase the digital game time cards (60-day)

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.296611900/categoryId.64514800/parentCategoryID.#.VDL5PcstDxM

Annnd now UltimatePoints have been discontinued, so I no longer have a Paypal option ;

Clover might be suffering a similar fate..

Do you or Clover have additional retainers or some such where you can't use the game time option?

If not, if you are using an NA account, you might be able to purchase the digital game time cards (60-day)

http://store.na.square-enix.com/store/sqenixus/en_US/pd/ThemeID.29853700/productID.296611900/categoryId.64514800/parentCategoryID.#.VDL5PcstDxM

I'm not sure what that is so I assume not but in any case, those cards aren't an option for either of us sadly. I stumbled across them already while searching for a version that didn't require actually shipping a code out to you @@   Thank you anyways ^^

Anyone without the Paypal/alternate payment method for the same reason might take some solace in this:

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/bec54da4ae2ffb6e8af538f9423368969ee71d38

Seemingly they are working on recovering some payment methods. Paypal will likely be one of them if they have any sense but it is not specified how long it will take.

As far as I'm aware this is a digital code that is emailed...?

Mmh ; Not according to the link on my end. Its offering me shipment methods once I click through.

K'nahli, is the issue that you don't want to give your bank debit card number to SE?

You could do something like buy a visa gift card and dump money from your bank into that, and use that to pay for your FF sub...

Actually, I simply never applied for a debit card since I had little use for one. I always did a straight transfer from my bank into Paypal and the funds in there would purchase crysta. I may have to consider it though. My sub hasn't expired yet but it will soon.

Clover on the other hand has a card(not sure if debit or credit) but she is having issues with it.

(Sorry to bother you all like this by the way..)

• 1 month later...

Revisiting this issue once again sort of since they haven't given an ETA on Paypal's return.

Whatever about before but now I can see the digital download option.... on the NA site at least. However the EU site links to the NA site on a topic regarding the digital 60-Day Time Cards, so...

( http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/a93278cb30ea750d04dac73b7bfcaf0e6ec79ac6 )

....does anyone know if the NA codes actually work with EU accounts or if this was a mistake?