Host Club | Rendezvous | September Opening!

***IMPORTANT NOTE*** We have just changed locations, so please see us this weekend at our NEW location at Ward 8, Plot 13! Thank you!***

tumblr_ncl3v8B8Bt1smm21jo1_1280.png

A plucky Dunesfolk Lalafell in a tri-cornered hat can be seen posting a few fliers around the main cities. His face is adorned with tattoos and he wears a long, red coat. As you approach him to ask for more information, he replies with the following:

"Ah 'ost Club? I'ss no' as complica'ed as i' soun's. Ah Gues' shows up an' selec's a 'ost er 'ostess, an' tha person they choose provi'es 'em wiff foo', drink, an'...uh... pleasan' conversa'ion through tha duration o' their stay. These services are provi'ed fer ah fee o' 1,000 gil, onah firs' come, firs' serve basis. So, tha firs' person ta arrive and wait ou'si'e'll 'ave their firs' choice from our selec'ion o' 'osts.

If ah Gues' dun'nay particularly favor any o' tha 'osts tha' are 'vailable, then they may dismiss 'emselves an' make way fer tha nex' person in line. Tha selec'ion process 'appens 'til all 'osts are taken, a' which poin' our othah poten'ial Gues'ss'll 'ave ta wai' fer tha nex' time we open our doors ta partake. I'ss also goo' form ta tip yer 'ost or 'ostess if ye fin' their company particularly enjoyable. Some o' us'll accep' stuff other than money...li'e...rum. Bu' be sure ta as' wha' they prahfer a'fer ye go givin' rum away willy nilly li'e. A'sides, if yer jus' I'CHIN' ta give rum away, 'Ll gla'ly take I' off yer 'ands fer ye.

Jus' ahmem'er ta trea' tha 'ost er 'os'ess wiff respec', 'cause we do 'ave ah securi'y s'aff on sigh' ta address any ishahes of discour'esy. We are a high-e'ique'e es'ablishmen'...uh...mos' o' us...ALRIGH', ALRIGH' tha others are, I ain' so much...'nyways, we expec' boff Gues's an' Staff ta behave accordin'ly. Aye, 'Ll be classin' up a bi' too, so tha means ye go'ah as well if yer comin'.

Oh, an' i' dun say on tha flier, bu' some o' us be offerin' rum as well, so jus' ma'e sure ye know which 'ost yer gettin' a'fer ye pick.

Loo' forward ta seein' ye there!"

------------------OoC Info------------------

It's that time again! The last two openings went very well, so I'm looking forward to more of the same RP funtimes! We will be hosting next Sunday, September 28th at 4:00 PM CST / 5:00 PM EST! The entrance fee is 1,000 gil, and will be collected at the door.

The location is Ward 8, Plot 13, (in the Goblet) and Hosts and Hostesses will be selected at a first come, first serve basis. (In other words, if the Host or Hostess you want has already been selected, then you will have to choose another, or depart until next time. The person who arrives first will get the first selection, and so on until all Hosts and Hostesses are spoken for.)

Here is the menu that the Host Club offers!

Here is a look at the dossiers that are posted outside of the Club! (Note: Not all employees may be present on the day of the opening, depending on schedules. Feel free to ask the person at the door if a particular Host or Hostess is available, if you have a particular one in mind. Rest assured though - they all have their unique merits and advantages!)

Please let me know if there are any questions! Thank you~! Hope to see people then for this round's opening to the public! ^^7

I haven't really a clue of how an host club works, but I'd be interested if I could attend with one or two friends and not be separated. Our group is about to embark a very difficult task and they could use a party to celebrate/bond together after an hard journey. Is it imperative that they get a host or could they just come and sit at a table together to enjoy the atmosphere?

Blue - Unfortunately, with our current small venue, we don't really have a lounge area just yet. However! It's not uncommon for Guests to come in pairs (or even three people), and be waited on by a Host who's comfortable with conversing with a group as such. ^^

We do have 2-3 rooms that seat 4 or more people, just for this sort of purpose. If your group just wants to go into one of these seating rooms, get their order taken by the Host, and then ask for some privacy for the remainder of their stay, I don't see why that couldn't ICly play out. Conversely, if they decide to engage in the usual activities of having a Host at the Club, they could also ask said Host to entertain them with a story, or a song, or whatever that particular Host happens to specialize in.

After being seated in a room, we ask that people RP in /party, since it's pretty unrealistic for people upstairs to hear people downstairs and vice-versa. xD (It also has the lovely effect of keeping the chat scroll to a comfortable level.)

TL;DR - I don't see why a visit to the Host Club this weekend couldn't suit the IC purpose you're suggesting! Even if we run out of Hosts, your group could likely negotiate a room to utilize for a private party of sorts, as we usually have spare private rooms available. But what I might recommend is, if there is one available, spend some time with a Host or Hostess to get the Host Club experience, and then ask for privacy for the rest of your stay. (I'm super hoping that makes sense! I do encourage you guys to come out! :moogle: )

Please see the note in the original post about our new location!

I apologize for the sudden switch, but we were afraid that the plot we wanted would be bought up if we waited any longer.

Please come see us this weekend at Plot 13 of Ward 8! Thank you! ♥

Sastra, apologies for the somewhat later Sunday time, although if you arrive early, maybe you can get in first? We'd love to see you again! ^^ I heard nothing but good things from 'Phoenix' about the chit-chat, haha.

Yangh, thank you! It has been a long and difficult struggle for our humble LS, but we finally made it! *quiet glee*

Sastra, apologies for the somewhat later Sunday time, although if you arrive early, maybe you can get in first? We'd love to see you again! ^^ I heard nothing but good things from 'Phoenix' about the chit-chat, haha.

Haha xD I can try and be there a bit earlier :) maybe half an hour in advance or so? Should give me a few hours ^^

Haha xD I can try and be there a bit earlier :) maybe half an hour in advance or so? Should give me a few hours ^^

Anytime around there should be fine, although our Hosts won't be entirely ready until the 4:00 CST/ 5:00 EST chime. But, if everything works out as I hope, Guests should have a nicer place to wait this time than outside in the rain! :cactuar:

I tried this last night as Melodia and it was fantastic! They do such a wonderful job and it's a nice change of pace from the grind of the game and the busy tavern scene. Everyone from the security to the waiting lounge attendant....everyone was fantastic! Kudos for this and I plan to come again! :)

Ruru/Melodia - I wondered if that was you (as I'd forgotten the exact name of your alt at the time, haha.) I'm glad you could make it out after all, and that you did have a good time. We all worked hard on it! I probably spent over ten hours just decorating and furnishing the cellar. :lol: We'll look forward to seeing you next time!

Yangh - All you need to do is ask over the linkp-OH WAIT YANGH THREW HERS IN A POND.

Ruru/Melodia - I wondered if that was you (as I'd forgotten the exact name of your alt at the time, haha.) I'm glad you could make it out after all, and that you did have a good time. We all worked hard on it! I probably spent over ten hours just decorating and furnishing the cellar. :lol: We'll look forward to seeing you next time!

Yangh - All you need to do is ask over the linkp-OH WAIT YANGH THREW HERS IN A POND.

Oh I could tell, but it was well done! and gave me a chance to play Melodia the person, not Melodia the yellowjacket, which was a nice change.

And bad Yangh! LOL!

It was a bad day, 'kay?!

Is it so much to ask for a note?! ;_;

I missed this one but only because of IC reasons... however! A Wild Yangh appears and she's wondering where the hell the tea house went!

And what a coincidence that was, especially since the last time C went to the host club he tried to hire Yangh...

She's been away for almost two months! Finding her inner calm and all that jazz. Spiritual stuffs!

Might have to have her nose around and track the Tea house down xD

Was happy to see you again, Sastra! I'm glad you had a good time, and thank you! :love:

And yeah, Rendezvous is a publicly registered business, so it probably wouldn't take that much investigation around Ul'dah to find it. Although if Yangh wants to hire a certain monocle-sporting detective...

Was happy to see you again, Sastra! I'm glad you had a good time, and thank you! :love:

And yeah, Rendezvous is a publicly registered business, so it probably wouldn't take that much investigation around Ul'dah to find it. Although if Yangh wants to hire a certain monocle-sporting detective...

Aww but! I wanted to hire Hildebrand! xD

*Melodia quietly returns monocle to where she bought it and walks away*

Aww! She's a detective?

Aww! She's a detective?

*looks back at screenshots of Yangh*

Uhmm....yes. Yes she is.

Yep.

:cactuar: