[Closed to new Clients ]Sophia Grace: Matchmaker

This is such a wonderful idea - not just for the characters seeking mates but for general RP hijinks... 

Avis would be really interested in trying this out just because she's curious about how matchmaking might work, or be amused by who she'd be set up with... Would this work?

Sure!

If any of you are still waiting (and I know I haven't been able to catch some of you online or on Skype [ Shayrei ]) send me a PM so we can get something scheduled when I'm around. If you need a time outside of my availability let me know there and we can work something out! :D

I'm eager to start setting up more players!

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Grace! I remember how awesome of an RPer you are so I'll throw my name out there. If you're stalking for "random" dates on the streets, feel free to find Ereshkigal Atropos and throw her for a loop! If you want to PM me or /tell for more concrete times and such, feel free to do that as well. Happy Hunting! *blinks* I mean... umm... matching. Yeah, that. :P

Okay! Got a flood of mail from interested parties (yay!) and a bunch of IRL drama to suck up my schedule (boo!).

I think I've contacted everyone that has sent me a message with interest. I know some people scheduled stuff with me and had to cancel one I had to cancel so if we still need to work out a time to me up and get your character on the books please send me a message here or on skype (Shayrei). It's helpful if that message has your availability in it as it'll make it easier for me to adjust my chaotic schedule for you! 

We've had three successful matches, lots of hopeful singles and this has been lots of fun (...except for my schedule ugh... And those really challenging characters to pair! :P).

Thanks for all the interest generated and thank you to those innocent bystanders that I've pulled into this, hah!

Alrighty since some people seem to be confused about just what this is here's a bit more clarification! :thumbsup: 

The connections that Grace makes between two characters is just that, a connection between two characters. This is an IC arrangement. Players shouldn't be going into this expecting to find a relationship OOCly. I met my husband roleplaying in an MMO, I know it can happen, but this is -not- what this project was about.  This is about bringing characters together that may never have had the chance because of how cliquey the world of RP can get sometimes. It's about getting people out of the comfort zone of their friends and FC and into something that challenges their approach to things. It's about getting out there and making connections!

All that said, obviously there is a need for OOC interaction because it's up to the two players I match to work things out on -how- they roleplay. If Grace has made a connection for romance obviously the players should start there when the time comes for their characters to become closer.

Personally I don't think it's any of my business if you are looking for ERP and I won't ask (it's your $15 a month do what you do to toggle your knobs so long as I don't see it in the middle of the Wench). Your character tells Grace they're looking for love, she's going to find another character asking for the same thing and make the date. How the players go from there is up to them.

COMMUNICATE.:bouncy:

[align=center]tumblr_mqvx24MWzM1st8kujo1_500.gif[/align]

I'm trying to keep this as IC as possible with next to no OOC information gathering (aside from a play schedule to help make sure the people I'm working with aren't on completely opposite schedules! Cause that would be bad!)

Just as Grace tells her clients, if you're not happy with the match or the person rubs you the wrong way, tries something sketchy come back and tell her. She has a reputation to uphold and she's not going to be known for setting up booty calls. She takes care of the client.

While Grace's view on the subject is a bit skewed she's going to listen to the money. If virgin-pure-don't-kiss-on-the-first-date-Marsha Brady gets paired with whatever-the-hell-50-shades-of-grey-guy's-name-is after he omits the fact that he's into some kinky shit and she doesn't let on that she is looking for something innocent... there's nothing Grace can do about it until after the fact. 

When she asks your character to be specific about what they want, be specific. :P If you need an example, ask Grace what she wants. She'll have no qualms about showing you how to get what you want from the service, but she's not going to do -all- the work for you. :)

[align=center]im-hopeless-and-awkward-and-desperate-for-love_846.gif[/align]

I will be expanding upon the initial interviews now to gain a little more knowledge ICly and to find the most compatibility.

At this time I'm taking no new clients until I get the others that have contacted me here or in a PM/on Skype taken care of. Hopefully this will only take a few weeks to schedule a sit down with everyone and get things organized again since my schedule went VERY stupid these last few weeks.

See you all soon! :tonberry:

Whatever need so long as she has the person the fill the need. Love, business, companionship. I will say that to this point all of the other cotacts have been for romantic relationships of varying degrees, but she's got lots of drinking buddies. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sent out the next wave of interview "invites". 

Still in queue:

Inessa

Mel (needs a real, uninterrupted, not trying to arrest me interview:P )

Faye

Edgar

(If I missed you, let me know!)

Thanks for letting me do this slowly otherwise this could really turn into a job fast!

I appear to have been missed...or, more as likely, unmatched as of yet.

I can wait.  This ice cream isn't eating itself, after all.  xD

Just unmatched. Told you it would take time, load that freezer!

There are still quite a few names on the list that just haven't seemed to pair off yet. It's the one drawback of this system. I can only make those connections when I have the connections. :P

Just unmatched. Told you it would take time, load that freezer!

There are still quite a few names on the list that just haven't seemed to pair off yet. It's the one drawback of this system. I can only make those connections when I have the connections. :P

Indeed you did. :3

Thank you for the update--it is definitely appreciated. Steel can wait. She's good at distracting herself most of the time. ^^

I've been around. :)

However because this little side job can easily overtake ALL of my RP time (as it did my first week, or leave sitting around waiting for people to find me or log on only to never show up) I have set times that I take interviews based on what my schedule looks like. Each interview takes as long as is needed and I try to keep them uninterrupted from other RP.

This also leaves me time to openly run around the world on Andy and find those matches!

As soon as I get the next set of clients through the interview process I'll send out PMs to the others that are in queue.

If you have OOC stuff to ask about or want to bump into Andy so she can tell you she'll add you to her list and send word of an appointment soon ICly feel free to poke me while I'm on Daphine Rysen or on skype: Shayrei.

Next wave of interview appointment requests are heading out tomorrow/tonight! :D

Once again:

/fineprint/

Please remember that this is all meant for IC interaction. 

Iam not a dating service for players and you can not expect to have theundivided attention and time of the player behind the character that I match your character with. 

Players shouldn't be going into this expecting to find a relationship OOCly. I met my husband roleplaying in an MMO, I know it can happen, but this is -not- what this project was about.

I do not guarantee the person playing the character you are RPing with is human let alone the gender/age/etc that you want them to be. It's not my business as it has nothing to do with my RP experience with them. All the information I gather about the characters is completely IC. I know nothing (and don't need to know anything) about the players or their love lives/preferences.

Also,

The player behind the character I match you with is not signing on to playwith you 100% of their online time nor are they agreeing to consider you an OOC relationship. 

Unless I have expressed permission to set up meeting, etc:

No, I will not give you their Skype name (if I even have it).

No, I will not tell you their alts (if I even know them).

No, I won't even give you their RPC name.

Failure to agree with this sentimentality will make my interest in working with you wane dramatically.

/end disclaimer/

I'll be updating the first post a bit to reflect the implied before, but now quite explicit terms in play. :bomb:

So, given a certain elezen is painfully single I think Tasa would try to get a meeting as soon as she hears about this service. Provided Grace is still accepting clients. Not like the knife eared murder hobo can't wait for an opening~