Garlean Sultansworn - Noire Nel Nelsicar

Garleans generally don't have middle names. Those prefixes denote their title/rank.

EDIT: Also, we don't even know if all Garleans have one, since we know next to nothing of Garlean culture. If this character is the daughter of someone 'important', I guess filia or nata might fit, as both mean 'female offspring of'.

The character backgrounds is still being worked on. Noire is a daughter of third wife, and I am still debating whether I should keep her as natural born to get third eye or somehow use glamour to hide it or bs my way to say that her third eye was not attained due to genetic dominance on third wife.

Though, I am sure these Garleans also probably had like multiple wives and concubines based on their titles/statuses, where some may end up being half blood.

Speaking of third eye, that is a very good subject. Hmm I wish I could get a chance to ask Sounsyy if the third eye is all applied to all Garleans. If so, how it would work to hide it.

*sprays perfume on Franz's forehead*

Native/pureblood Garleans, yes! And, a quick Glamour or a headband (or goggles) is all one needs!

On that note, do we have confirmation it is a literal, extra optical ball in your skull?

Garleans generally don't have middle names. Those prefixes denote their title/rank.

EDIT: Also, we don't even know if all Garleans have one, since we know next to nothing of Garlean culture. If this character is the daughter of someone 'important', I guess filia or nata might fit, as both mean 'female offspring of'.

...I just learned of multi-reply. This is amazing.

On topic:

From what I know, it's only for pure-blooded, ethnic, Garleans. Probably some ultra-recessive trait. I'd imagine anything else mixing in probably destroys all possibility of it showing up.

From the couple fragments of lore we do have, it is supposed to a biological/functional eye. Who knows if Garleans can really see through it though? (Or what they see.) I remember some lore post saying it helps them see more in battle. And all their headgear certainly protects it.

As for Franz, I don't RP a headband, but opted for a more...magical-styled glamour, like that of the imps. Physically, it looks like it isn't there, but clearly is. I'd imagine he blinks with it and all that jazz. On an NPC I'm half-writing stories for, she's going the headband/goggles route as she spies through Eorzea. She's got one goal, and getting caught is simply unacceptable by her standards.

Hmm... what kind of glamour can this eye disappear? Would earrings or necklace magically hide the eye? (can't imagine of her wearing headband or goggles. Maybe sunglasses. )

I take your question, answer it with a previous post in the thread.

And, a quick Glamour or a headband (or goggles) is all one needs!

Who's to say a glamour is even needed if it's concealed by hair? I half-considered giving the NPC I've been writing for some bangs. Unless someone had literally latched themselves to her waist and looked up, it could have been concealed with hairspray!

A side note: Don't always think in game mechanics. Sure there are items that would have to exist that are not in the game. There's also magic. A magic-based glamour. There, I said it. They could exist.

So, just throwing this out there, but the lore panel just confirmed that pure-blooded Garleans cannot use Aether.

Sultansworn training requires the use of Aether through conjury to cast their protective spells and use other methods of combat.

Ergo, Garleans cannot be Paladins, and thusly could not become Sultansworn.

Yeah I read that. Whelp. Might as well make her just a gladiator then.

But this only applies as full blooded Garlean, yes? Unless we make it half blood or whatever.  Though this is a very tough and sensitive subject now.

She wouldn't have a third eye if she weren't pure-blooded.

Yeah I read that. Whelp. Might as well make her just a gladiator then.

But this only applies as full blooded Garlean, yes? Unless we make it half blood or whatever.  Though this is a very tough and sensitive subject now.

She wouldn't have a third eye if she weren't pure-blooded.

I think you missed my point. I said if she's like an illegitimate part of the family member as in non-pure blood due to the mother's side being non-Garlean, would this affect her from having the ability to use aether since the genetics would be dominant to her mother's side.

She could probably use Aether then.

But now you're running into the current revelations on "cross-breeding".

I really love how when we bring it into realism and I have to bring Mendel's genetic cross-breeding theory.

"When XY and xy meet together as Brown eyed and blue eyed meet each other..."