Garlean Sultansworn - Noire Nel Nelsicar

My new paladin character who's going to be in part of Anelia's story will make her appearance to disturb Anelia completely. The character's alignment will fully be neutral-chaotic good but she will try to keep her distance from the blue paladin due to past connections. 

Here's the backgrounds to see if you'd be interested in interacting with this character in the future.

Noire Nel Nelsicar, an eighteen years old (cycles, whichever) swordsmaiden has been accepted and enlisted as the league of Sultansworn as an initiate. Her background begins with her father being Ravous Nul Nelsicar who is a praetor of elite Garlean task force, and also the murderer of Anelia's family. When Noire was thirteen during the battle of Carteneau, she observed the battle along with her father, Ravous leaves Noire alone to fight against Anelia to witness the battle of "endless grudge" that he has created and that there will be more burdens and bloods to be spilled by Anelia's hands. Noire watches Anelia slaughtering Garlean troops and some of her siblings, along with her father. Instead of having grudge against Anelia, she understood the paladin's feelings of what it means to avenge one's family and what it means to have a grudge. Noire runs away from Carteneau down the south, getting lost and unable to return to Garlemald. She resided in Ul'dah as a small worker until she has decided to become Sultansworn to change the ways of her life and to someday gain recognition from Anelia. However, she is still afraid that the blue armored Sultansworn will point the sword at her.

Is a daughter :o

but yeah you are right. But the leader is dead and the person can just live shamelessly as an orphan or probably hiding in places?

Regardless - why not make this dramatically interesting to have a Garlean person fighting for Ul'dah?

And also unfortunately, Ul'dah is just a terrible imitation of US Secret Service.

The Sultansworn exist specifically to protect the Sultana. The parallel to the Secret Service is reasonable, as is the doubt that bin Laden's/Castro's/Putin's/Hitler's/jung Il's family would be working for them. Dramatically interesting, sure, but likely straining suspension of disbelief.

I really don't like bringing IRL logics to video game logics since I usually view video game lore logics as more of fiction and anything can happen type of view.

Sultansworn exists to protect Sultana, and if the character makes an oath - I really doubt it'll be an issue on if people will doubt this character. Sure, let the people doubt her - but there are those who will watch her to grow and gain trust. That's the power of fictional character development.

Again, Sultansworns are not Secret Services. You know what secret services mostly do? Just standing at the white house all day. Sultansworns don't usually sit in the white house all day. They are more of agents like CIA/FBI than secret services to protect president all day.

Edit: To relay what I've just said, Ala Mhigo was also very hostile nation to Ul'dah long time ago in lore basis, and the people have ran down to Ul'dah as refugees who did not agree with Ala Mhigo's ideals. Some even ran away when Garleans took over. Some have become Sultansworns and some have been living in the streets or is a famous researcher.

Secret Service don't just sit in the White House though...

Yes their primary job is to provide security and protection for the President, families, candidates etc..

But they're also tasked with the ensuring the sanctity of the US currency.

The Secret Service has primary jurisdiction to investigate threats against Secret Service protectees as well as financial crimes, which include counterfeiting of U.S. currency or other U.S. Government obligations; forgery or theft of U.S. Treasury checks, bonds or other securities; credit card fraud; telecommunications fraud; computer fraud, identify fraud and certain other crimes affecting federally insured financial institutions.

Something I've taken from them is this:

Carry firearms

•Execute warrants issued under the laws of the United States

•Make arrests without warrants for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony recognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed such felony

•Offer and pay rewards for services and information leading to the apprehension of persons involved in the violation of the law that the Secret Service is authorized to enforce

•Investigate fraud in connection with identification documents, fraudulent commerce, fictitious instruments and foreign securities and

•Perform other functions and duties authorized by law

The thing is, the idea seems a bit iffy. Even though Sultansworn swear an oath, there's a certain level of trust that needs to be gained before even being allowed TO swear the oath. 

Just wanting to clarify -- how well is it going to be known that this character is Garlean? How well is it going to be known that this person was associated with a (relatively, reasonably) high-profile Garlean? 

Based on that, she may not be able to earn the trust of the Sultansworn -- I mean, it's the Ul line they're protecting. I can see Jenlyns shrieking "SPY! ASSASSIN!". I'd HOPE that they'd be at least that careful. It might turn what SHOULD be interesting RP into IC ostracization.

I'm not saying don't do it, just to consider those things first. Just my two gil!

Edit:Regarding Ala Mhigans; it has been a much longer time since Ul'Dah has had to deal with Ala Mhigans in a hostile sense. Enough time has passed in that scenario for integration to be commonplace. In addition, the large number of refugees that have people's bloomers in a twist are a result of...Garlean movement!

The character would literally be piss in a bowl of oatmeal, IC. Some people may find it difficult suspending their disbelief to really want to interact with that.

•Execute warrants issued under the laws of the United States

•Make arrests without warrants for any offense against the United States committed in their presence, or for any felony recognizable under the laws of the United States if they have reasonable grounds to believe that the person to be arrested has committed such felony

Correction, the character has not committed any crime or have any reasonable grounds for anyone to believe that she has committed any crimes that are under the laws of Ul'dah. Ul'dah's law does not state that Sultansworns are only given to natural born Ul'dahns.

Also Ul'dah is NOT United States nor it actually has the logical similarities as United States. We can talk about Great Britain if we are comparing Ul'dah to US then.

Also, why are people trying to make this game to realism too much? There is a limit of boundaries that in reality, magics that can summon creatures and dragons that breathes fires or lightning don't exist.

Even if it's not Sultansworn, if what Berrod's logic is true - then Jenlyns wouldn't even give free paladin recognition to this character.

Anyway, you can do whatever you want as the saying goes but it does cast a very dark light on the Sworn when they have not just a Garlean *cough*Roen*cough* serve unknown but the child of one considered very high ranking? I highly doubt that an official, if known, would allow it to happen. Large amounts of doubt on the credibility of the Sworn and so forth.

Personally I believe the idea that the Sultansworn being more like the FBI or CIA is wishful thinking on players' part on wanting to do -more- than what we have been provided by the game.

Edit: I provided the quotes for yes, a basis on what I've used for how Sultansworn can respond to things that have happened in the course of RP.

I really don't like bringing IRL logics to video game logics since I usually view video game lore logics as more of fiction and anything can happen type of view.

Every piece of fiction written has its base somehow in the reality around us. As much as we may want to say "anything can happen" in a story, we can never truly 'feel' what it is like to NOT be a human on earth. You can say "xyz happened" in a story, but without chapters of exposition before hand, it cannot be believable within our minds perceived reality.

when they have not just a Garlean *cough*Roen*cough* serve unknown.

You also need to distinguish race from nationality. There are two types of Garleans.

Roen is a natural born Ala'Mhigan, adopted by Garleans if I'm not mistaken.

Coatleque is a full-blooded highlander, but was "nationally" Garlean simply because she was born just after the territory changed hands.

Franz, on the other hand, is a full-blooded Garlean with the 3rd eye and everything.

Also, why are people trying to make this game to realism too much? There is a limit of boundaries that in reality, magics that can summon creatures and dragons that breathes fires or lightning don't exist.

Even if it's not Sultansworn, if what Berrod's logic is true - then Jenlyns wouldn't even give free paladin recognition to this character.

I find that in suspending realism, there still remains a mote of common sense. In this situation it's, "Daughter of a high profile Garlean? NOT IN MY HOUSE." No amount of magic or dragons or Aether or fantastic fantasy-ness will change the sheer sense that letting in one of 'the enemy' into the closest protective circle of the Sultana is a bad idea. 

My logic noted nothing about Free Paladins in that post; I can only suppose that Jenlyns may or may not be more comfortable sending the character -out there- with the unwashed adventuring masses than -in there- with the woman he has sworn an oath to protect.

You also need to distinguish race from nationality.  There are two types of Garleans.

Coatleque is a full-blooded highlander, but was "nationally" Garlean simply because she was born just after the territory changed hands.

Franz, on the other hand, is a full-blooded Garlean with the 3rd eye and everything.

Truth. In Roen's case she was essentially raised as a Garlean. Until she learned she was adopted she -was- Garlean true and through. Loyalty suspect. Kage would be the first to cry crap if Franz ever became close to being a Sultansworn >.>;

The thing is, the character would essentially need to be like Roen before even becoming an initiate. Inconspicuous in terms of where she came from. True origins. No one knows her heritage. Proven herself. I don't see how anyone would let her in close at all if she was known to be Garlean like Franz.

I'd like to add that the quote I made up at the first start of the story had no absolute relations on this character publicly going to tell others who she is >_> as long as she doesn't... Tell her middle name at least. I expect people will assume she's ishgardian or somewhere else as long as she doesn't say her name in front of Anelia.

Regardless, should people feel disappointed about how I want this character to go, I am sorry but I am pretty convinced of making a character like this since I am not sure if anyone thought of pulling this ludicrous stunt... Yet

Regardless, should people feel disappointed about how I want this character to go, I am sorry but I am pretty convinced of making a character like this since I am not sure if anyone thought of pulling this ludicrous stunt... Yet

There might be a reason for that. All the same, best of luck with your new concept. You're right that no one would technically know without being told (barring the third eye), and you'll be fairly well insulated since as an alt, she'll never see Anelia in person.

You also need to distinguish race from nationality.  There are two types of Garleans.

Truth. In Roen's case she was essentially raised as a Garlean. Until she learned she was adopted she -was- Garlean true and through. Loyalty suspect. Kage would be the first to cry crap if Franz ever became close to being a Sultansworn >.>;

The thing is, the character would essentially need to be like Roen before even becoming an initiate. Inconspicuous in terms of where she came from. True origins. No one knows her heritage. Proven herself. I don't see how anyone would let her in close at all if she was known to be Garlean like Franz.

I think Franz is a bit of a special case here. I mean, he very blatantly doesn't deny being Garlean if someone calls him out on it for the most part. (Granted, most of the people who did he didn't perceive as threats.) Aside fro mthat, I do pretty much have an Easter basket of hidden eggs to pull out on occasion should he need either a quick escape, have something go wrong, or explain away some off quirk. 

THe importatn distinction would be Crofte's point, and how the character identifies herself in the setting. There are important distinctions of identity for being "Garlean", ethnically, nationally, and legally.

The Sultansworn exist specifically to protect the Sultana. The parallel to the Secret Service is reasonable, as is the doubt that bin Laden's/Castro's/Putin's/Hitler's/jung Il's family would be working for them. Dramatically interesting, sure, but likely straining suspension of disbelief.

Your not wrong but exactly how capable are Sworn in this game to investigate things like the Secret Service do? Its a decent analogy but from what I can tell Sworn are a mere fraction as capable and as...intelligence gathering (lack of words here) as the actual Secret Service.

I /could/ somewhat envision garleans breaking into Sworn ranks since I see or hear of no way that you could reliably sniff that out. We are in a medieval constrained fantasy world where background investigations seemingly are useless to non-existant.

There might be a reason for that. All the same, best of luck with your new concept. You're right that no one would technically know without being told (barring the third eye), and you'll be fairly well insulated since as an alt, she'll never see Anelia in person.

The character slots in my legacy account has been filled so the account is being created on my Ex's account that still has like 6 months to the subscription. (Yes I bought her a year subscription worth of game cards and then we broke up like two weeks after and she quit lol)

But regardless , I would like to have people gain connections  with this characters to view her differently. She'll be looked down upon by her ethnicity and her status (in the future) but to have people respect her in the future

Your not wrong but exactly how capable are Sworn in this game to investigate things like the Secret Service do? Its a decent analogy but from what I can tell Sworn are a mere fraction as capable and as...intelligence gathering (lack of words here) as the actual Secret Service.

I /could/ somewhat envision garleans breaking into Sworn ranks since I see or hear of no way that you could reliably sniff that out. We are in a medieval constrained fantasy world where background investigations seemingly are useless to non-existant.

Debatable. We also have access to linkshells and, depending on your personal canon, Fantasia draughts. The Sultansworn you see walking around in armor are akin to the guys in the suits with the earpieces. You're supposed to see those, but the Intelligence Community goes a lot deeper than that. I wouldn't be surprised if there was a section of the Sworn that specifically are off the record and exist simply to hang out in public places and make connections. Spycraft is an interesting angle but it's very difficult to do correctly because the people who know how to do it can't tell you they know how to do it.

Garlemald might have sleeper cells inside of the three main cities, but I would be surprised. Doesn't really seem their tactic, given their military and technological superiority. Wasting resources to infiltrate makes less sense than curbstomping your way across the land (which is what they'd done prior to being set back in Eorzea).

As far as how capable they are? Consider that seemingly majority of the Syndicate - professional conmen, backstabbers and power-hungry capitalists - have been unable to unseat her via diplomacy or skullduggery. I'd be willing to bet that assassination attempts are a dime a dozen, or at least approaching that. The Sultansworn Elite are in fact that (which is why I question Sworn fighting in the Grindstone, since it reveals that seemingly anyone can go toe to toe with them).

Personal biases aside, of course.

Your not wrong but exactly how capable are Sworn in this game to investigate things like the Secret Service do?  Its a decent analogy but from what I can tell Sworn are a mere fraction as capable and as...intelligence gathering (lack of words here) as the actual Secret Service.

I /could/ somewhat envision garleans breaking into Sworn ranks since I see or hear of no way that you could reliably sniff that out.  We are in a medieval constrained fantasy world where background investigations seemingly are useless to non-existant.

And Garleans likely do. I think the bigger issue is would the difficult trials of being trained break the person to an extent they'd slip up and reveal something undeniably....Garlean? We currently know that non-ethnic Garleans should have no issues "fitting in" with Eorzeans. They're all just hyur, after all. But an ethnically Grlean person, third eye and all? Probably not. There's a reason Franz in all his cheating and writeoffs I've made OOCly has a glamor that hides it. ...and it's not even perfectly reliable. If someone went and poked him where it's supposed to be, you can sure as bet he's screech in pain and react accordingly. Just the same that if there were to be some mystic glamor-dispelling thing dumped on him, it'd likely dispell and unless noticed, he'd be broadcasting it to the world. ...not exactly a state I'd want him in, and it'd need to be set up with approval beforehand, but certainly possible.

Speaking of third eye, that is a very good subject. Hmm I wish I could get a chance to ask Sounsyy if the third eye is all applied to all Garleans. If so, how it would work to hide it.

*sprays perfume on Franz's forehead*

Native/pureblood Garleans, yes! And, a quick Glamour or a headband (or goggles) is all one needs!