Friendly-ish fun seeker looking for contacts and active RP.

Okay, I suck at walk-up RP, or judging which Rpers are open for it. And apparently my fishing attempts have devolved into standing around an inn, making posts occasionally to let people know I'm there, and then wandering off after about a half hour when no one responds, so, I figure this may help a bit.

I don't normally like to schedule RP, so I won't, however, if anyone would be interested in RPing with someone on the shady side of things, though plenty friendly enough, most he would try to do is sell you some of his wares, let me know. I need RP contacts, as I'm not doing so well at getting myself out there in the world.

And no, this is not begging, this is me judging who might be interested in RPing. I've been away from the game for a while, and have lost a lot of my old connections, and wish to expand out. Thank you for your time, and consideration. Please leave character names as well. Thank you ^.^.

I have some of the same issues so I understand completely. My character's name is Ereshkigal Atropos. She's a merchant's daughter and currently a Market Director for a company so they might have some things in common. If your character has some really awesome wares, there might even be some haggling involved. :D Feel free to hit me up in game!

my fishing attempts have devolved into standing around an inn, making posts occasionally to let people know I'm there, and then wandering off after about a half hour when no one responds,

Haha! You've captured my typical rp experience to the "t" when it comes to spontaneous or walk up rp.

Allow me to show off one of my favorite tools when it comes to reeling in walk-up random RP: I call it butting in.

It happens a lot. You're sitting in an inn somewhere and there are conversations going on around you. You're not in them, but you could be. All it takes is in invitation to the conversation and you're there! Of course, not all invitations are sent the same way. I've always felt that, if you're having a conversation in an open place, you're inviting anyone to chime in. People are talking about how nice Costa is this time of you? Step in, contribute. "I'm sorry, I don't mean to eavesdrop, but I recently spent a holiday in Costa and it was everything I could have wanted."

Bam. Conversation engaged. Works in reverse, too. If someone's sitting alone and emoting that they're present but not engaged, you can just flag them down. Don't emote vaguely near them, I'm talking straight up "Hey! You ever been to Costa?"

Here's to hoping you catch something worth catching.

Rather than post, and then wait... be more pro-active.  The hard part about starting random RP is always starting it, and that's what you're running up against.  Just as you may feel a little awkward about walking up to someone you don't know to start a conversation in-game, they feel the same way about you.  The only way to get across that hurdle is to just go ahead and start the conversation yourself!

It may take a little bit of courage, and it doesn't always work, but it will be vastly more effective than passively fishing.  I really suggest you give it a try!  The worst that ever happens is either being ignored (oh no! Back to the situation we were already in!) or sometimes getting an irritated response (which is almost invariably IC, and not something to actually worry yourself about!) 

Trust me on this one, just give it a try!

I'll second what Aya said. It's best to be proactive about finding RP. It can be hard, but it's well worth it.

If you're bored, go somewhere where there are a lot of RPers and post some actions. Examine folks who are walking (walking is a sure sign of a RPer in a game where most people sprint everywhere like hamsters on crystal meth) or standing around and look for RP tags. Send them blind tells saying "Hi, I notice you're a RPer. Me, too. What sort of RP do you like?". These are all things I do, and they work pretty damn well.

my fishing attempts have devolved into standing around an inn, making posts occasionally to let people know I'm there, and then wandering off after about a half hour when no one responds,

Haha! You've captured my typical rp experience to the "t" when it comes to spontaneous or walk up rp.

Allow me to introduce my ULTIMATE RANDOM WALK-UP RP TECHNIQUE!!!!!!

You're hanging out at the Quicksand, you see a miqo'te walk in named... Jeff. You would like to RP with Jeff so what do you do?

So-and-so walks up to Jeff, waving and smiling brightly! "CARL!!! How are you doing? I haven't seen you in years!"

Jeff looks confused... "Wh-what? My name is Jeff...."

And boom, there you go. How did you mistake Jeff for Carl? You now have a jumping off point for a conversation.

I cannot tell you how many times I've done this and it's worked almost every time to meet a new person.

I've developed a few tactics as well for this.

If I can get an empty table at the Quicksand, I'll often have my character bring over an extra drink and set it at an open chair, and start looking around in very obvious fashion to see who's curious enough to sit down. His price is simply to hear the most interesting story the person can come up with, and if it leads to more, there's always the next round.

Also, when I'm with another character, I'll often make it a dare game - Nate will have the other person pick any likely suspect from the area, and he'll go chat them up, often with an off-kilter approach or some off story, with the rule that the other player of the game has to back up whatever story he uses. Even if it doesn't make a new friend, he's happy if he makes enough impression to leave someone wondering, "What just happened?"

Yeah, sorry, I'm a very anxious person and I don't like feeling that I am interrupting. I've been trying to get over myself for ages, it's a slow process, but I'm opening up a bit. Though I have to thank you for the tips, some of them I hadn't thought about, such as the mistaken identity, which, actually would be something I could totally see Vatt doing.

Insofar as interest goes, if you were just wanting some people or characters you know are friendly to pull aside, my duskwight character Xavarian Mystrife is open for RP most of the time if about.  :>  I'm pretty new to RPing here, (being sick lately hasn't helped) and I'm still getting used to the game mechanics as some forewarning.  I'm honestly not very interested in bar rp either (I've got some terrible internet, and people don't even load / everything freezes in there. nevermind it's somewhat ooc in the first place), but ever catch me outside the big cities (or want to drag me outside the cities to rp) and I'm game.  Just poke me with a whisper, and there we are.

Here's a tiny summary about Xavarian in the case that he'd be any sort you'd want X'vatt dealing with.  

Xavarian Mystrife is a young duskwight claiming to be an adventurer-scholar and mage, often getting himself into business and dealings surrounding lost knowledge, old ruins, mysterious artifacts, and aetherical disturbances.  Magic in general seems to greatly excite and bring the 'best' out of him (if you can count spouting out continuous theories, experiments, and attempting rash 'Let's see what will happen!' tests 'the best'...), but on other subjects, his awkward 'people skills' leave something to be desired, as others tend to generally make him nervous.  His love for puzzles and cryptic words when verbally cornered don't do him much favors either, but regardless, he is a very curious man, always eager to learn, and even more eager, it seems, to stick his (rather large) nose into secrets some might claim are 'better off forgotten'. . .

Well hello! If you ever see Aeylis Bloodbinder anywhere (especially near a bar) feel free to bump into her.  She is pretty darn friendly.  Offer to buy her a drink and (although she will refuse for you to pay) she will MOST EAGERLY take your company.  She doesn't really deal with shady business but she'd be entertained if someone were to approach with that type of business proposal!

That mistaken identity thing...funny story...someone once tried that on me (NOW I SEE IT'S A TACTIC) and I played along as if I were the person they called out as.  It really confused and flustered them...but it was fun!

fun to watch the world burn....