Future Movies.

ej3ioOneTy8

So...

THE MARTIAN!

I really can't wait to watch this soon. *eyes older trailers of now-released movies and cries*

The book was a great read. Highly recommend the read.

"How come Aquaman can control whales? They’re mammals! Makes no sense."

So, The Martian.

I went to watch it yesterday and enjoyed it. Obviously, it's hard to adapt a novel into a film, even a short fast read such as Andy Weir's The Martian. The novel is only 369 pages.

I'm really not a humorous person. I don't take things very lightly and so there's not a single funny bone in my body but I enjoy Mark Watney's humor. That's actually one of the biggest points about him laid out (in the book and viral trailers at least). Mark Watney, botanist and mechanical engineer of the Ares III mission team, is pretty much the most liked crew mate and he is also the morale guy. That's another of the many jobs he has. When you only have 6 crew, each person needs to be able to do more than just one job. The chemist also plots out the trajectories and orbital paths of the Hermes. The programmer also deals with the reactor of the space craft etc.

Anyway, the movie could have deal with the desolation and utter desperation a lone man left on a planet, thought dead, but it would have made it for a longer movie and  I think the adaptation did alright.

Its science is mostly right and for what it didn't, it's plausible or you can suspend your disbelief long enough at the parking meter outside of the theater. The ride was fun.

Saw The Martian myself this past weekend - I enjoyed it a lot, much more than I thought I would, and it was worth every penny and more.

Curious to know, what prompted you to watch it? The cast? Word of mouth? Actual trailers? The book?

I haven't found too many people interested in it.... sadly. I enjoyed it a lotttt.

Saw The Martian myself this past weekend - I enjoyed it a lot, much more than I thought I would, and it was worth every penny and more.

Curious to know, what prompted you to watch it? The cast? Word of mouth? Actual trailers? The book?

I haven't found too many people interested in it.... sadly. I enjoyed it a lotttt.

I was lukewarm at first, but I saw it got really good reviews, and a friend of mine works for NASA, so I figured I'd give it a go; I was in the mood to see a movie, anyway. I'm glad I did.

IT'S HERE

QWr3mLI8Xl8

Yeah, I think I'm gonna catch this one. Generally, I'm tired of Zombies, and they've kinda been played out a bit much, but if there's a movie to put an endcap on the Zombie craze, this is the one.

So, which of you RPC ladies should I be thinking of when I watch these gals in action? :thumbsup: