European RP - Can we improve on something?

Heya guys. Wasn't really sure where to put this, since it's more about the community side of the RP. So anyways, here goes. 

My general line of thought here is about visibility and knowledge about the fact that EU RP'ers generally speaking can be found on Balmung/Gilgamesh (Not sure on the latter) and I am wondering if there's anything one can do to improve on it. There's not a whole lot of big events in or near the EU timezone (They do happen, just not often), yet lot's of RP does seem happen in the EU timezone - There's my own FC, but also a chunk of other FC's that run like a half-and-half combination. However I do remember when I was new to XIV and had to figure out where RP'ers might be, finding that I had to pick a US server was a bit surprising - the communities of games I have RP'ed in before have always been divided into NA and EU, either because the game forced you to or because the community elected to have separate servers for the different parts of the world when selecting unofficial servers, or picking between a list of RP-tagged servers. Where as I went into it anyways, I could imagine it might be a turn-off for some people looking to play or RP in XIV, because they automatically assume there wont be RP when they're actually on. 

What I was fascinated about when I got into Balmung was the fact that I could log on at 7am in the morning if I wanted to, and find RP (by means of being proactive about it). Something that I believe I still could these days, though I tend to stay up rather than get up early. At the same time I could also find RP happening in the afternoon. Basically any time. I think it's something rather unique. 

There's also the issue of keeping connected with each other. The EU linkshell has been a help for some, though not everyone likes to be in linkshells and recently I personally haven't had the drive to actively advertise for the LS or do anything for it. So right now it just serves as a list of people, really. 

So I am wondering if there's anything we can do to make it seem a bit more attractive to people from the EU, personally I would love to see more EU rpers around both here and in game. 

Something that comes to mind is perhaps having some kind of directory for EU players in a thread here on the RPC, I would not be adverse to opening one and keeping it updated. But other than that I have no idea what could be done. 

So I thought maybe opening up a thread to talk about it could bring some ideas forth that could help, even if just a bit. Anyone? ^^ 

As a EU member who generally only hears about events that start at 3am, I like the sound of this. :P

I'd be happy to help with a directory if needed. Listing upcoming EU friendly events and any FCs/LS with medium-heavy EU member activity, and EU players?

Hmm! I will try to think of some ideas, but you have my support in this. :)

As a EU member who generally only hears about events that start at 3am, I like the sound of this. :P

I'd be happy to help with a directory if needed. Listing upcoming EU friendly events and any FCs/LS with medium-heavy EU member activity, and EU players?

Hmm! I will try to think of some ideas, but you have my support in this. :)

Yes, something like that. But I was also thinking that people could let themselves be listed if they were open to RP and predominantly active in the EU Timezone, in a reply to the directory. And then the info about LS/FC'/Events etc could go in the OP. I reckon the biggest challenge with it would be getting the information, because not everyone advertises their stuff. Any help would be appreciated :D

It's a good idea! Anything that improves the EU community is good, as there are still new Europeans joining Balmung from time to time. It'd be nice if they found that the EU side of the community offers possibilities as well. Also, I think we need more events that are EU friendly (and not necessarily NA unfriendly), though I guess I'm not one to speak because I'm not one of the people who organizes events *sweatdrops*.

It's a good idea! Anything that improves the EU community is good, as there are still new Europeans joining Balmung from time to time. It'd be nice if they found that the EU side of the community offers possibilities as well. Also, I think we need more events that are EU friendly (and not necessarily NA unfriendly), though I guess I'm not one to speak because I'm not one of the people who organizes events *sweatdrops*.

I have created events in the past but I am fresh out of ideas. I people I can mobilize to make a lot of things happen, though. What sort of events would be interesting to you?

Are there any EU friendly tavern or cafe, maybe held in a local area? Would it be worth looking into making one, if not weekly perhaps monthly? I haven't ever been to that sort of event but I know many do! ..It could have a pub quiz. :angel:

Fancy dress party for Christmas?

I'm very new to RP so apologies if this wasnt what you were thinking. :roll:

Are there any EU friendly tavern or cafe, maybe held in a local area? Would it be worth looking into making one, if not weekly perhaps monthly? I haven't ever been to that sort of event but I know many do! ..It could have a pub quiz. :angel:

Fancy dress party for Christmas?

I'm very new to RP so apologies if this wasnt what you were thinking. :roll:

Anything goes really. My FC has a bar in the basement that is open.. Well, almost every night, but we do themed nights every thursday. It varies with how many people attend it, but it's been fun thus far. 

A christmas/starlight themed party might be fun ^^

I'm not really sure if this counts, but since I have some EU members in my own FC/LS, I try to run my weekend events a bit on the earlier side (especially when the event is on Sundays.)

When we run our Host Club event for the general public, I try to at least keep it semi-EU friendly (as much as I can, while accommodating for people's weekend schedules who are NA.)

We usually run it one of two times:

Saturdays at 5:00 PM CST / 6 EST (which I know is still pretty late for EU timezones, but I also only do this for Saturday nights.)

Or!

Sundays at 3:00 PM CST / 4 EST (which I think is 9 PM over there?) December's Host Club opening will be in this time slot, since last month we did the Saturday time slot, in an attempt to keep it fair.

I'm not sure if this helps; feel free to disregard if it doesn't! ^^v

I'm in the UK as well, I'm fairly new here and still taking baby steps (IC and OOC), but I'm up for helping with anything you might need to make it a better environment for EU players. Fortunately there seem to be some events scheduled with us in mind, like the host club, but it would be great to have more things to do and people to RP with, especially if that didn't imply having to stay up really late. ^^

So anyway, look me up in game should you need anything from me, or just to RP!