A wild Zetchryn appears!

Zetchryn

Hello all! I'm an EXTREMELY new player to FFXIV, having just downloaded it... Yesterday, I believe? I have always adored RP, and actively seek it in every game I play, so I figured Gilgamesh would work for me (since I can never manage to snag a spot on Balmung). Let's see... I might as well fill out this little template here!

--MMORPG background:

I got my start in WoW, moved on quickly to Guild Wars 2, SWTOR, Archeage, and others, though SWTOR is probably my 'main' one until now.

--RP experience:

I've been RPing for almost 10 years now, and actually recently just stopped being an admin for an entirely RP based game called Eternia: Prologue~!

--Character ideas/info:

I actually have a little Miqo'te running around, name of Zireena (oficially A'Zireena, but shush I didn't know about Miqo'te naming traditions) on Gilgamesh~!

--How did you learn about the coalition?

Being honest? Google is amazing.

--What kind of a role-player are you aiming to be? Light, medium, or heavy?

I'm normally one who ranges from medium to heavy. The RP community is usually what makes or breaks an MMO for me.

--Anything from real life you're comfortable with sharing? (Work, school, hobbies, etc)  I also do a number of Let's Plays, actually!

Hellos and welcomies to the RPC! :bouncy:

The forums are a great place to learn more about the game and lore, so use them to your advantage! And feel free to ask questions if you ever have any, there are lots of nice, friendly people here who will help! 

Welcome, once again.

Does any Gilgameshian want to welcome their new RPer...? Anyone?

Hi there! As a relative newcomer myself, I can suggest that you not feel bashful about asking questions! This game is bizarrely complicated and there are some really experienced folks out there! Regardless, welcome to the community! If there's anything I can do to help, do let me know!

Thank you both for your very warm welcome! While tis a shame that no Gilgamesh players noticed this, it's still nice to see people eager to help! On that note... Does anyone have any tips for times to try creating a character on Balmung?

EEEEarly mornings have always worked for me. I'm talking like 2am-8am, but I have noticed lately that new RMT things seem to be popping up on evenings around 7-8.

(All my times are CST)

Best thing to do is try, try, try again if you'd like a character on Balmung.

Good luck wherever you end up!

Is you catboi or catlady?

Your answer will hinge heavily on the power of Roehugs your face will receive. :3

Anyrate, welcome to the RPC and to the game! :D I'm sure you'll have a great time regardless of server, and better yet you'll have lots of folks to interact with here on the forums.

Should you manage to chip in to Balmung, you can find Steel Wolf online around 7pm EST most nights. She is a giant Roewoman with a giant-er axe. Probably can't miss her. <3

Thank you both for your very warm welcome! While tis a shame that no Gilgamesh players noticed this, it's still nice to see people eager to help! On that note... Does anyone have any tips for times to try creating a character on Balmung?

The way I do it when I need to create a new character on Balmung is to have the character made beforehand and a name decided on, then make the character right before the game goes down for weekly maintenance (literally a couple minutes before). It's worked every time.

Hehe, thank you for the advice, everyone. I'm noticing that Balmung seems to be like THE place at the moment, so I'll definitely try.

Steel Wolf, I'll admit I'm a catlady... Though I want to make a magey catboi alt too! What can I say? I like the kitties a bit too much *cough*