Eorzea Cafe and menu

Shayrei

Wow.

If money was no object my significant other and I would probably go to Japan for our honeymoon (HAHA Right maybe in five years we will have saved enough). This place would probably have to be a stop... right next to the pokemon center, and the islands of Bunnies, Foxes, and Cats.

I certainly wish we had places like this in the states!  More little niche places for enthusiasts to gather and meet.

Part of it may come from the more densely packed Japan is in terms of population, sadly a business like this would probably die out very quickly outside of huge cities like New York, New York. Where I live, we are just getting a gaming shop (D&D Pathfinder Magic Netrunner etc... ) that will sell booze along with board games, table top, and the like since the age range of folks who play those things often has actually expanded into 21+ recently around here.

I certainly wish we had places like this in the states!  More little niche places for enthusiasts to gather and meet.

Part of it may come from the more densely packed Japan is in terms of population, sadly a business like this would probably die out very quickly outside of huge cities like New York, New York. Where I live, we are just getting a gaming shop (D&D Pathfinder Magic Netrunner etc... ) that will sell booze along with board games, table top, and the like since the age range of folks who play those things often has actually expanded into 21+ recently around here.

This is a person who visits New York frequently, and I have to say that this restaurant being built next to St. Marks or Kinokuniya Bookstore will do an amazing business considering that there are so many anime and video game fans who'd dare to try FFXIV restaurant in a heartbeat. I havent been in the city for two years despite that I live in Long Island side, I'll waste lot of money just to go to this restaurant.

Now we know how dragoons jump so high: dragoon energy grape soda.

Dragoon jump is real.  xD

This is a person who visits New York frequently, and I have to say that this restaurant being built next to St. Marks or Kinokuniya Bookstore will do an amazing business considering that there are so many anime and video game fans who'd dare to try FFXIV restaurant in a heartbeat. I havent been in the city for two years despite that I live in Long Island side, I'll waste lot of money just to go to this restaurant.

Omg, same here! I have fond memories of romping through St. Mark's with friends when I was younger. I really miss that takoyaki stand... and the Japanese crepe shop (that sadly didn't last very long). As for the Kinokuniya store, I've been there twice, I believe. At that time, they had recently put up large prints of Amano's artwork on the walls. It was quite a sight.

Anyway, back then and even now, I'd probably dump embarrassing amounts of money into a cafe like this if it was in either of those areas. xD That or I'd try to work there. Desperately.

I've been to the cafe three months ago.

I'm sure some details have changed in the meantime, but maybe I can share some useful information. Getting there was... Not easy! Hopefully the queue is shorter now.

:P

Where is it: in Akihabara (Tokyo) close to the station. There's nothing advertising the cafe, you could walk to the entrance and still not notice. You should look for the Pasela building, a place with several theme bars and restaurants; the 'Pasela' sign at the top can be seen from afar. Once inside the building, the staff can guide you. The Eorzea cafe is on the third floor.

How to make reservations: you can't book in advance. Nor can you just walk into the cafe. There's a lottery. I kid you not. News for me at the time! I got there at about nine in the morning, and after a 30 mins wait I was asked to pick a numbered token from a box, and then I was admitted into a large room with close to a hundred people. Then some guy with a speaker started calling numbers (in japanese), and if your number came out, you could make a reservation for later the same day. Otherwise you were out of luck.

And it didn't end there! At the reservation booth, I was told when exactly there was room for me, and where I was going to sit. Thirty customers, no more no less, were admitted in 90 minute shifts until closing time. And lastly I was asked to fill a module from the menu, placing x's on all I was going to order so they could prepare it well in advance.

After finally upgrading your Zodiac weapon getting inside, the cafe itself is fantastic and well worth the visit. The Carline Canopy look is not perfect to the last detail, but it's convincing enough. The food and drinks are delicious and not too pricey. I got the Titan burger, which is huge, the White Mage ice cream, and a long list of drinks. Some of the cocktails are presented with potions you have to mix yourself. All drinks also come with a cool primal beermat. The Ultima Weapon cocktail was especially memorable.

Besides the weapons and armors on the walls, in the cafe there are two widescreen TVs with random FF trailers and cutscenes, as well as several PCs running the game. You're free to log in your character and tell your friends you're in Japan play your daily roulettes.

8-)

I would be kicked out for trying to steal the moogle display.... .______.

Noo...Noooo! The Moogles! The Memories of Lights going on everywhere! People getting hit by Delta! THEY'RE BACK AGAIN!

*Breaks down*

For real though, I would eat there just looking at the Display, putting the food slowly to my mouth just wondering when they are going to F^%@ us up. Nothing good can come from a Moogle taking a whole bottle to the head....downing it like a boss