For whom do you fight?

Seriphyn

For whom do you fight?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. For whom do you fight?

If we're post talking about post MSQ, I think he'd fight for the people he's shared and will continue to share his adventures with, including his wolf pup, Apple. Because defending an Eorzea that's been robbed of the companions he's bled, cried, and celebrated with isn't something he'd look forward to. Of course, he hasn't considered the fact that some of his companions may view him as a selfish idiot if he dies for them, most of all who would look after his puppy if he's gone. 

If we're talking about the here and now. It'd be a hard tie between his puppy or the gil. On the one hand, his pup is his only companion(for now). On the other hand, he's dirt poor and struggles to provide for himself and the pup. There's also that unconsidered possibility of what happens to Apple if he dies. It's only those two choices because he has a staggering lack of friends and/or acquaintances.

Being a few days fresh off the Limsa Lominsa bound boat isn't an excuse for a lack of a social circle. #blametheplayer#2shy4u

In any case it's mainly for his friends.

-K'nahli "fights" for her family but would forsake many to give priority to her blood sister, K'mih.

-Andre is the altruistic type so he would fight for Eorzea if he bizarrely found himself in such a dramatic situation, but were his friends to come into jeopardy then he would likely put them first, depending on who it was(chivalry might forsake a male acquaintance/family member).

-Lulani fights for his friends, a.k.a Nonopi Nopi.

-Alex contrastingly fights only for himself.

K'nahli is my main and "Friends" is almost the most prevalent answer across the four so I'll vote for that!

Very fascinating results. I would have expected more "For Eorzea", but it's very cool the amount of folk who have come back around to say 'Oh, well, it's more motivated by the self'. Indeed, for my character, his motivation to be so society-oriented certainly comes from a desire to be part of something greater internally. 

But if we were to break it down that far, everyone would be 'For myself!'. I made the votes public as well, so you could see where people voted. I am enjoying seeing where all the names have fallen.

In this situation, Yssen fights for the Lost, the Voiceless, and for Absolute Freedom. This is of course not as simple as it seems on the surface. Most of Eorzea can go straight to the Seven Hells in a hand basket as far as he is concerned, particularly Ul'dah and Gridania. It is one of the things he struggles with. How is Gridania's zealous demand of Elemental worship not a form of oppression equal to the Empire's? How is the rich of Ul'dah's exploitation of the poor and acceptance of slavery more morally justified than what the Empire would do? He even disagrees with Limsa's current "order over freedom" policies. Decisions decisions. When you get right down to it though, if the Empire wins it will be the Lost, the Voiceless, and the Outcast that would suffer most. He just can't abide that.

"Twelve help the outcast children of the Twelve."

Y'lani is a "For Ul'dah!" gal, without a doubt. She makes like she despises the city in her speech, but her songs and actions depict otherwise. Y'lani wants it to be redeemed of its corruption, and would go through great lengths to help that happen, but she hasn't been able to seize an opportunity for it yet! For now, she'll simply have to keep her passion to her cultural songs as a bard.

EDIT: I forgot to state that she wants the city to be more in favor of the petty rabble/commonfolk rather than the rich and powerful. She knows that not all of the rich are evil, though that doesn't stop her bitterness! She'd never steal or pillage herself, but if it helped the cause, she'd support those who do wholeheartedly.

If framed like the poll suggest, in that it is a choose one/discard two scenario, Kellach would not be able to answer right now.

Fighting for Eorzea -> Why would he give away his friends and self for a land that isn't even his?

Fighting for Friends -> What good is saving your friends at the cost of your life and the world's?

Fighting for Self -> No world, no friends... what then?

It would likely be a scenario that paralyzes him, or ineffectively has him try to pull off the trifecta of saving everything. Perhaps he'd lose his life in the process but help out the world and his friends in the process. That would be the most likely outcome where he'd have an ounce of satisfaction from this scenario.

For my as of yet unmade alt (Who's name is Cwinuwil Fyrfolgsyn unless it's already taken when I make him), it would be the World first. He made a vow when he was "reborn", and he'd never go against it.

...unless it involves fire in any way. He's still deathly scared of fire.

To be able to sleep the following night. 

No, really!

Rough ain't a complicated guy, and sure he's been put in situations where there are either folks, a place, or something he earnestly wants to protect, but really cutting to the chase, he just wants to know he'll have another night he can peacefully cozy on up in that bed of his and just sleep. Forget about all the troubles and simply dream, snooze, and when he's fortunate enough, warm up next to someone special. He finds comfort in knowing he can have another one of those opportunities.