Kamome Hama

Kamome

I. Basic Info 

• CharactersKamome Hama, X’himei Rihll, Naya Tayuun, Ai Edakumi, Ujin Qalli
  • Primary CharacterKamome Hama
  • Free CompanyTeatime «Tea»
  • ServersBalmung (2015-2020) & Mateus (2017-2020)

II. RP Style 

Amount of RP

• I'm enthusaistic about IC interactions all of the time in /say. I love to feel like part of the game’s living world and be the flavor for other players running by, even striking up conversations with NPCs for fun. I would consider myself a full-time RPer, always creating my characters with a strong concept in mind so that I’m always ready to respond to a walk-up. I love collaborative storytelling and long form plots! I also love tabletop style events.

Views on RP Combat and Injuries

• I like both RP combat and injuries. I'm even pro-permadeath, but would never suggest it to someone unless I was writing a plot with them. I am very open to the idea of permadeath for my characters—raises the stakes! If dueling is an option, I prefer roll-based combat and prefer to leave purely emote-based combat for portraying scuffles, slaps, stabs and so forth rather than full-blown battles.

Views on IC Romance

• I support IC romance within the context of an interesting plot. I feel romance should evolve realistically as part of a character's story. I choose not to participate in erotic RP.

Views on Non-Romantic RP

• I am a highly collaborative, character-driven storyteller. I love writing origin stories and character arcs with both my RL and online friends. If you want to write a plot together, or create family or childhood ties to my characters, send me a PM any time! I'd love to plot with you. It’s the best part of online roleplaying for me!

Views on Lore

• I strictly abide by established lore and love researching it. I will never tease you or refuse to RP with you if you make lore mistakes, but if your RP style blatantly ignores in-game lore I will probably send you a /tell and ask politely if we can stick to lore topics. It's nothing personal, I just hate wildly breaking lore in my RP. That said, no one is perfect and I make tons of lore mistakes, myself. I am supportive of lore-based hypotheses and inferences as long as they are tastefully retconned if the official lore on the topic is released and conflicts.

Views on Chat Functions

• /say all the way! I love open-world RP more than anything. /say tavern RP, /say story RP, /say adventure RP—you name it. I'm there. I frown on most /group RP, unless absolutely necessary. I feel quality RP should be freely viewed by the larger community and make itself available for more shy bystanders to jump in! Sticking to public channels also helps feel various parts of the environment feel more alive due to the necessity of spreading out. /tell RP is okay, as long as it's used as an actual IC whisper. Spontaneous /say is best!

III. Other Info 

• Timezone: Pacific Standard Time
Edited by Kamome
Server Information

I'm new to Balmung as of today! I can't wait to meet you all in-game! ^^

Totally agree with your ideas on the chat functions in RP. Welcome to Balmung! \o/ Feel free to say hello if you see me around in game!

Totally agree with your ideas on the chat functions in RP. Welcome to Balmung! \o/ Feel free to say hello if you see me around in game!

I certainly will! I must admit I have admired how your character Faye pulls off that female Midlander hairstyle ever since I started reading this forum. I love how it looks but I can never get it to look quite right on a character and you did it perfectly with the silver color. ♡(.◜ω◝.)♡

[update] 21.01.2015

I received pearls for the linkshells The Tavern and Friends of Momodi tonight while learning the ins and outs of the rather wonky PS4 controls. Thank you to Orrin and Micah for the pearls and to Aya, Nako'li, Kurt/Keil, Emerald, Bear and V'aania who sent me the initial /tell about Friends of Momodi and gave me tons of newbie-appropriate advice (I don't know your forum name! T^T)

Really enjoyed meeting so many of you OOCly in-game this evening. Looking forward very much to getting my RP on--probably with an Ul'dahn alt for the moment while I level Kamome a bit and get her in a decently character-appropriate outfit. 

Tomorrow I'll be in Ul'dah on Yvane Ashdale (by far my most outgoing characrer concept right now) for a peek at what Quicksand RP looks like. If anyone has a character who is ICly in the Immortal Flames and 30+ years old, let me know if you want to have a bar fight date with my Ul'dahn character (don't worry, she's a horrible fighter.) Basically her deal is that her old man was a Flame Commander who completely botched a raid into Amalj'aa territory and every one of his men killed, including himself. Yvane is broke after paying for his burial and funeral rites and etc. to the Priesthood of Thal, and is now a struggling merc with a huge chip on her shoulder. She's also been ICly rejected multiple times by both the Brass Blades and the Immortal Flames, if anyone wants to take that angle.

Thanks again to everyone! All of you made me feel so comfortable and the LS's are great fun.

[update] 21.01.2015

I received pearls for the linkshells The Tavern and Friends of Momodi tonight while learning the ins and outs of the rather wonky PS4 controls. Thank you to Orrin and Micah for the pearls and to Aya, Nako'li, Kurt/Keil, Emerald, Bear and the Lominsan miqo'te who sent me the initial /tell about Friends of Momodi and gave me tons of newbie-appropriate advice (I don't know your forum name! T^T)

Really enjoyed meeting so many of you OOCly in-game this evening. Looking forward very much to getting my RP on--probably with an Ul'dahn alt for the moment while I level Kamome a bit and get her in a decently character-appropriate outfit. 

Tomorrow I'll be in Ul'dah on Yvane Ashdale (by far my most outgoing characrer concept right now) for a peek at what Quicksand RP looks like. If anyone has a character who is ICly in the Immortal Flames and 30+ years old, let me know if you want to have a bar fight date with my Ul'dahn character (don't worry, she's a horrible fighter.) Basically her deal is that her old man was a Flame Commander who completely botched a raid into Amalj'aa territory and every one of his men killed, including himself. Yvane is broke after paying for his burial and funeral rites and etc. to the Priesthood of Thal, and is now a struggling merc with a huge chip on her shoulder. She's also been ICly rejected multiple times by both the Brass Blades and the Immortal Flames, if anyone wants to take that angle.

Thanks again to everyone! All of you made me feel so comfortable and the LS's are great fun.

Y'know you could have asked me about the PS4 controls seeing as I'm on the ps4 almost 50% of the time I'm playing xD. Though my advice would be to get a USB keyboard, any USB keyboard to streamline the typing.

Oh yeah fun fact, in case you didn't know, circle strafing on the ps4 is easier than on a pc. Target an enemy and click the left stick and you'll automatically lock on to it/him/her, move stick left and right to circle around him and forward and backward to close the gap or make some distance. Take note this is the backpedal thing, so you're walking backwards which might make it hard for you to avoid those radial AOEs. Still I find it useful on all three of my characters, Keil/Kurt/Alicen. 

Another thing you might not know is that if you move forward and tap L1 you'll autorun in that direction. Whereas if you hold down L1 and move the right stick you can zoom in or out of your character. It's helped me type out responses for Alice whenever she's strolling Thanalan/ La Noscea with *Boyfriend.*

Want to tag or mark enemies? Target them then click square to open up a small list of things you could do with it. Of course the list also appears when targeting allies or objects. Need to emote quickly without having to go options>right>social>emote? That's the way to go, but is also moot if you have a keyboard since you can probably type /whatever faster than square>emote>select emote. 

I'll try to see what other somewhat useless tidbits of information I can gleam from playing on the PS4. Of course, someone's probably already taught you this.

Oh, awesome--I didn't think there were many other PS4 players around! 

I was using a USB keyboard last night and for some reason (weird server latency?) my typing kept freezing up. Do you ever have this problem on PS4? Maybe my keyboard is just terrible. 

I have enjoyed the circle strafing and lock-on feature a lot—the controller layout feels great. I have been having the back pedaling issue avoiding screwdrivers, bomb tosses, etc. I should just tap L3 to unlock and run freely when an ability gets initiated, instead, right?

Also, (one last thing (⌒-⌒; ))--is there a default keyboard setting for hiding the UI when you plug it in...? Or do I have to be in mouse/keyboard mode? I have found so many great spots for screenshots but haven't figured out if I need to switch to a mouse to unlock the keybind pane. ><

Select should hide your UI, then it's L1+start to screenshot. I'd also recommend setting your movement type to Legacy, because it's the superior and correct option, and also enabling your extra crossbars.

The way it works normally, you have either LT or RT. Expanded Crossbars allows you to open up two additional bars by holding LT and then pressing RT and vice versa. It gives you a wealth of buttons to play with, and if you play an active class with a lot of demand while moving, it opens up twice as many "face button" commands. Running with your left thumb and then needing to hit the d-pad to activate a skill causes you to stop running! No more, thanks to Expanded Crossbars.

/commercial

Oh, awesome--I didn't think there were many other PS4 players around! 

I was using a USB keyboard last night and for some reason (weird server latency?) my typing kept freezing up. Do you ever have this problem on PS4? Maybe my keyboard is just terrible. 

I have enjoyed the circle strafing and lock-on feature a lot—the controller layout feels great. I have been having the back pedaling issue avoiding screwdrivers, bomb tosses, etc. I should just tap L3 to unlock and run freely when an ability gets initiated, instead, right?

Also, (one last thing (⌒-⌒; ))--is there a default keyboard setting for hiding the UI when you plug it in...? Or do I have to be in mouse/keyboard mode? I have found so many great spots for screenshots but haven't figured out if I need to switch to a mouse to unlock the keybind pane. ><

Ah seems I'm not alone with that problem too. I think it is more hardware related that server related, take from a guy who, at NA prime hours has to log in, suffer lag and dc before the lag disappears or eases up. Now I've tried both wired and wireless keyboards. If it is wired, just try to reconnect the thing to the ps4 and try to keep the cable straight as much as you can but that problem rarely happens on wired. The wireless is more or less the same but the trick there is to make sure your keyboard is pointing at the usb dongle connected to the ps4. Like try to be in front of the thing as much as possible.

Now as for the UI hiding and screenshotting, I guess I'll have to experiment more with the ps4 controls to see what button combo does what. But that'll be after class in 5 and a half hours from the time of this post.

In case you didn't know you could go pseudo mouse mode with your touch pad. Made some things easier like navigating several windows without clicking the touch pad, just glide your fingers and tap. But bomb throwing, key item use, etc is still crazy awkward.

*is filthy non-legacy pleb*

Probably sounds like I should invest in a new wired keyboard then. I kept inputting letters and getting like a huge spam of letters for each I pressed: "nicccce to meettttt yyyou" etc etc.

Thanks again for all the help guys. Going to try and keep this thread relatively clean for updates to the directory page in the future now.

• 2 weeks later...

Updated today! Kamome is now integrated in the RP FC Aeon but I am always up for freelance RP on her and my other characters when I have the free time. She's on her way to becoming a proper adventurer now, so you'll see her around Limsa Lominsa a lot more now, if you're based there.

As always, feel free to send any of my characters an OOC or IC Mog Mail or friend request. I'm always looking for more RP connections and am always open to collaborative storytelling! Yvane and Rosalind in particular are usually available for Ul'dah adventuring shenanigans. Yvane is now officially part of the organization Tylwyth Narah and can be hired out for general thuggery. I also always have the LS Friends of Momodi in my ear to see if there's anything going on in Ul'dah for Rosa or Yva. Here is Yvane's WIPpy wiki, for anyone in need of a scoundrelly merc: https://wiki.ffxiv-roleplayers.com/pages/Yvane_Ashdale

See you in Hydaelyn!

• 2 years later...

I have decided to relocate to Mateus due to a return to the game after a very long two and a half years.

Thank you for the wonderful memories, roleplayers of Balmung. I met so many wonderful people on the RPC and wandering around with my silly /say RP. You’ll never be forgotten. It seems like yesterday I first logged in and met you.

To the new FCs on Mateus and all of the wonderful newcomers and pioneers, it’s really nice to be on an open server again, and one brimming with life and lots of newbies, like I have found myself becoming again. Thank you for having me.

Back in the game for Shadowbringers (very late) and looking for Doman shinobi characters or Dalmascan characters who are working to free their homeland from afar on my content/RP main Kamome Hama if anyone on Mateus or Crystal as a whole would like to write or RP together!

Glad to be back, and to see the RPC still going strong. ^^

Edited by Kamome

At long last I have found my way back to Balmung, but I am still keeping my ties to Mateus with two alts there. After missing the server merge felt very lucky to find Balmung open for transfers again. Feels like home. Thank you for all of the great RP memories, Mateus. ^^

If any Doman shinobi characters or Dalmascan freedom fighters would like to write together, I am really interested in exploring the storyline angle of Domans aiding the Dalmascan resistance for the Doman character who is my main. Feel free to send me a PM or /tell any time. 

Happy adventuring!

Edited by Kamome