Long time lurker, now registered.

Mith

[align=center]Hello to everyone in the community, it's good to meet you. [/align]

[align=center]Firstly, as someone who has used this site to gather information for RP I want to thank all of you for sharing your knowledge and ideas with the playerbase. When I first seriously started looking into ARR last year, I stumbled on HRC and found the website incredibly useful in aiding me in all things lore. [/align]

[align=center]My partner and I have very recently hit cap on our main characters, and have decided to stalk Balmung for a character transfer. In the meantime, I decided to brush up and study up on the lore in the game and polish my characters backstory. Which brought me 'round to HRC again, and I thought it might be a great place to get involved with, and get some guidance of the RP community in game. [/align]

[align=center]A small bit about myself in-game. [/align]

[align=center]I play a male miqo'te moonkeeper, Dragoon. My partner and I roleplayed our way to cap one on one. We are currently on Gilgamesh, but its' lighter on RP than what we would like so we are seeking a transfer. I'm hoping to sort of check my character and get some question answered before we're over there. [/align]

[align=center]Something I've been wondering if how the RP community deals with story elements presented in game? For instance, things like the echo. Or the SSD. [/align]

[align=center]Also, as a moon keeper, I'm always eager to get all the information I can on their lore. Its been hard to find for me, and it seems to be hard to find period. That being said, how do people handle player conceptions of moon keeper tribes, customs, ect? Is there sort of a set bar beyond what is known cannon that people generally follow? [/align]

[align=center]I guess I'm looking for the guidelines to follow. [/align]

[align=center]Thank you to all who took the time to give this a glance, I hope to see you around![/align]

[align=center]:chocobo:

[/align]

Welcome to the forums!

There are at least two Free Companies that are based around Moon Keeper clan structure. They could probably answer most of your questions in that regard.

Feelings about role-playing the main scenario as well as the echo are generally mixed. Some people avoid it altogether, some people jump right into it, and others like myself acknowledge it exists but our characters do not have it.

Hello there!

My information on Seeker or Keeper lore is limited-at-best, so I'll leave that to the experts. /sounsyysignal

Other'n that, you'll find roleplayers of all stripes on Balmung. We've got people RPing the main story themselves, we've got heroes aware of it but not the actual actors in it, we've got merchants and barmaids who don't seem to give a hoot who calls themselves a Warrior of Light and we've got folks who... are some other thing. Kind of painted myself into a corner there.

[align=center]My partner and I have mostly been ignoring it. Well, that sounds too harsh. More like how you put it, acknowledging it but not always involved. I wasn't sure if it was generally something people incorporated into their character story, so we would be running into tons of people with the echo and be the odd ones out haha. [/align]

[align=center]Thank you both for the replies, that was so fast! I'm getting ready to go to work and didn't expect anything till I got back tonight. Do those FC's you mentioned have a website the your aware of, one that might post their info on keeper lore?

[/align]

Thank you both for the replies, that was so fast! I'm getting ready to go to work and didn't expect anything till I got back tonight.

For several of us here, the RPC is a part of our work duties. I think we're almost inversely busy in the mornings during work hours compared to nights/weekends.

...of course, that's just my view as a selfish NA baby.

Thank you both for the replies, that was so fast! I'm getting ready to go to work and didn't expect anything till I got back tonight.

For several of us here, the RPC is a part of our work duties. I think we're almost inversely busy in the mornings during work hours compared to nights/weekends.

...of course, that's just my view as a selfish NA baby.

That's great. :moogle:

One thing I really like about this site is how active it is. It's sort of hard to get replies in my experience on the FFXIV forums. Another question I had which I somehow forgot to include was about Ishgard. I built my character story with Ishgard as the frame, because I fell in love with it instantly. (Sidenote, he's not from Ishgard, or anything like that.) 

So while I've devoured everything I could find on it, if there are any topics or sources for more Ishgard info I'd be very grateful for it.

Welcome to the RPC and a pending welcome to Balmung to you and your partner! ^^

Something I've been wondering if how the RP community deals with story elements presented in game? For instance, things like the echo.

Really there's some mixed views throughout the community on the MSQ, it just depends on who you RP with. Some view the Echo has too powerful, others recognize it as a common thing at least at one point in recent Eorzean history, others see it as a means of metagaming. But like most things you'll find varying interpretations of the Echo and how it can/should/shouldn't be used in RP. So really up to you to make that character choice, but either route you'll be fine! ^^

Also, as a moon keeper, I'm always eager to get all the information I can on their lore. Its been hard to find for me, and it seems to be hard to find period. That being said, how do people handle player conceptions of moon keeper tribes, customs, ect? Is there sort of a set bar beyond what is known cannon that people generally follow?

There's unfortunately not a lot of lore on Keeper Miqo'te. Most of what we know for sure comes from these two sources:

-Miqo'te Naming Conventions

-The Past Is a Story We Never Tell - Moogle Quest

Other than that, there's a few groups in game who have made IC Keeper groups and connections. Knight Kat (Kiht Jakkya) is usually one of the first Keeper folk to come to mind. There's also the Morbolvine Clan and a few other players have made their own Keeper family head canons which can be found in the Keeper Groupings Thread. Just note that these are headcanon, not actual canon lore. But there's some inventive interpretations of various Keeper societies.

Hope this helps! ^^ Lemme know if you have more lore questions!

Hello and welcome!

Right? I think that, without this site, I would not possess my current level of knowledge on the lore as I do now >w<

Well I haven't seen that many people who regards the story elements.... Or else, otherwise, they're addressed in a broad way... Just my opinion though. Not sure about the echo bit though...

"May the path in the light of the crystal" be filled with many memories and experiences!